Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 09-26-2017, 04:35 PM

Default Fox cubbies

I have a bunch of 330's that I thought I could set up for fox in cubbies. I have the general idea down. Build a small pen put bait in the middle put 330 over the hole lol. Anything I'm missing or should add to my plans? Thanks guys.

CavinJ
Old 09-26-2017, 05:03 PM

Is this on a resident line, or on an RFMA? I would strongly suggest not using 330's on a resident line, there will be a lot of different bi catch scenarios.

Spruce
Old 09-26-2017, 05:33 PM

it is on a residential line. would the concern be dogs and cats, or more racoons and skunks. I wouldnt be to concerned over coons and skunks but somebodys dog is a very different stories.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:43 PM
AO Sponsor

I guessing that you don't have a lot of trapping experience? I would suggest that you stick with proven fox methods than experiment with unproven methods until you have gained significant experience to be able o be selective when trying different things. No offence intended, we have to be responsible with our techniques because in this day and age, a wreck or two could bring about very damaging consequences.

Fox are very easy to trap and can be caught with 1 1/2 coils and 1 3/4s, which are both very inexpensive. If you don't have the cash for additional traps, there's probably lots of guys that would be willing to lend you a couple. Where are you located? Any volunteers?
Old 09-27-2017, 07:49 AM

Default traps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
I guessing that you don't have a lot of trapping experience? I would suggest that you stick with proven fox methods than experiment with unproven methods until you have gained significant experience to be able o be selective when trying different things. No offence intended, we have to be responsible with our techniques because in this day and age, a wreck or two could bring about very damaging consequences.

Fox are very easy to trap and can be caught with 1 1/2 coils and 1 3/4s, which are both very inexpensive. If you don't have the cash for additional traps, there's probably lots of guys that would be willing to lend you a couple. Where are you located? Any volunteers?
Depends on where he is located I suppose
Old 09-27-2017, 10:50 AM

Thanks marty! I guess I'll add some footholds to the halfords shopping list!