Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-26-2017, 11:58 PM

Default Sylvan Lake Shore Fishing Opportunities

Hello lads and ladies...?

I am looking to go to Sylvan Lake and I want to fish from the shore. I know that there is some pre sweet fishing at the Marina Bay but I also heard that lots of people fish there. I am looking to go for Walleye and Pike but I am more than happy with Whitefish.

I am also fine with doing a little bit of walking to get to a good spot. So.. any interesting shore spots that are closely accessible by a car?

Thanks you

Northern Pike: 32
Trout: 17
Yellow Perch: 1
Burbot: 0
Whitefish: 2
Sturgeon: Never gonna catch one anyway..

Any questions? Feel free to PM me
Old 08-27-2017, 12:28 AM

Sylvan Lake isn't the best lake for shore fishing. You could try the Marina on the small wharf there; I have seen a lot of people pulling walleye up from there. Also, there is the pier on Lakeshore drive that can be productive if it isn't busy with people swimming. I have seen people fish by the lighthouse as well, however not sure how productive that would be.

Sylvan is a hard lake to fish from the shore, as it has such a gradual slope and not a lot of public access. Gull Lake has a small floating wharf from one of the campgrounds that I recall seeing folks pull some small pike out of from time to time.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:46 PM

Default h

great fishing to be had at the pier, on the corner to the left as you look out onto lake, swimmers and divers to your right, the fish dont mind all the commotion, throw in a jig and minnow, leave on bottom, wait for your rod to bend over, strike, reel in the fish, can catch fish as fast as you get the jig baited and on the bottom, short casts, can be a riot