Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-20-2019, 07:09 PM

Exclamation Draw Application Deadline Tonight!!

I posted this in General Discussion so I hope I don't get in trouble, but get your draws in tonight lads & lasses or hold your peace until next year....

I figure the pertinence will get me a mulligan for cross-posting.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:15 PM

Thanks for the post. I've got mine done this year but, Nothing worst than putting it off and then finding out you missed deadline. Did that twice!
Old 06-20-2019, 07:27 PM
Banned

Double check if you did them at a retailer. I did mine today. The person didn't enter my soon in for antlerless moose. We don't have enough points for it anyway, but nothing like missing the points in that fashion......
Old 06-20-2019, 07:40 PM

I'm missing at least 2 years of antlered moose priority and my zone its over a decade so that's something you just can't make up for. I figured I'd try to prevent others from making my previous mistakes if I could.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:40 AM
Banned

And yet one bitches about the long wait times to get drawn for tags, but on the other hand we're going to tell people not to forget to put their draws in. If people miss the draws that just helps with the longer wait times, I don't get some people!
Old 06-21-2019, 06:27 AM
Banned

I have never bitched about the long wait times. I get why they have them. It because the wait times are long, that means I shouldn’t be courteous and offer up a friendly reminder to my fellow sportsmen about checking to make sure the draws are correct? Personally, I like “some” of the support you get on here. Sadly, it’s really sliding to be the same as most other Internet forums, negative interactions so bad you’re scared to post anything.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:34 AM

I am sure that there were some people that waited until the last minutes to apply, and judging by previous posts on other threads and forums, some people likely had issues, and couldn't get their draws in. We have a large window to apply, so it's always a good idea to apply early, in case there are issues.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
And yet one bitches about the long wait times to get drawn for tags, but on the other hand we're going to tell people not to forget to put their draws in. If people miss the draws that just helps with the longer wait times, I don't get some people!
I guess some people’s compulsion to help others simply outweighs their own sense of greed, it’s not a concept that everyone lives by but it’s certainly nothing to criticize. I was trying to notify the many friends I’ve met on AO and those I’ve not yet met, so be it if a few unfriendly people benefited as well. I’m not really concerned if a few selfish people’s draw times increased as a result.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:50 AM

Got mine in a few days ago... The biggest challenge is coordinating with the draw group individuals to make sure we are aligned on the draw strategy etc.

I have to shake my head sometimes... I have friends who are all excited about hunting and getting draws, but getting them to understand that they have to get organized and get the application submitted within the window is often a challenge... Even if it's just to build priority. Oh well.