Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-19-2019, 08:51 PM

Default No longer a resident- Draw priority

Grew up in AB, moved last year. Can I still gather priority as a non resident? Its asking for a hunter host, which I entered for a couple draws, but when i try to enter for moose its saying "cannot purchase due to maximum purchase allowance reached". Is this because my hunter host already purchased his draw applications?
Old 06-19-2019, 09:04 PM

Did you ask your hunter host if he had already applied for moose, before you tried to enter him for moose?
Old 06-19-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Did you ask your hunter host if he had already applied for moose, before you tried to enter him for moose?
Didnt know it mattered. He already did his draws, also just prioritied everything for this year. I was just trying to enter for priority only under my account, but it still demanded a hunter host.

All the entries worked just fine except moose for some reason. He added me to his, and now my account doesnt have the option to add a moose entry to my cart. Will I still up my priority? Weird
Old 06-19-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadda View Post
Didnt know it mattered. He already did his draws, also just prioritied everything for this year. I was just trying to enter for priority only under my account, but it still demanded a hunter host.

All the entries worked just fine except moose for some reason. He added me to his, and now my account doesnt have the option to add a moose entry to my cart. Will I still up my priority? Weird
If you had bothered to read the draw booklet, you would have seen that a person can only apply for one moose draw, whether you apply for priority, or are actually trying to draw a tag. So yes it matters that he had already applied for moose, and no it's not weird that you lost the option to apply for moose, after you were added to his moose draw. And the draw booklet also states that a non Alberta resident must apply with an Alberta resident.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If you had bothered to read the draw booklet, you would have seen that a person can only apply for one moose draw, whether you apply for priority, or are actually trying to draw a tag. So yes it matters that he had already applied for moose, and no it's not weird that you lost the option to apply for moose, after you were added to his moose draw.
Sassy. Meow.
I don't believe the booklet said that this applied to priority only applications, and I do believe it is a bit odd that you need a host to apply for priority only. I understand thats the system. Doesnt mean its not odd. Im also not sure if him adding me to his priority only application will also up my priority.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadda View Post
Sassy. Meow.
I don't believe the booklet said that this applied to priority only applications, and I do believe it is a bit odd that you need a host to apply for priority only. I understand thats the system. Doesnt mean its not odd. Im also not sure if him adding me to his priority only application will also up my priority.
The chart in the draw booklet shows you exactly what combinations you can apply for, and a priority only application is still an application. As for you being in a group application for priority only, of course everyone in the group will have their priority increased, why else would people apply in group applications, for priority only?
Old 06-19-2019, 10:09 PM

Default Non Resident priority.

The Alberta resident should be adding you to their draws. They can have up to 4 people on an application but no more than 1 non-resident per resident. If he has 4 people on the application 2 could be non-residents as long as there are also 2 residents on the application. Everyone on the application gains a priority point.

I do this regularly for a Nephew and Cousin who wish to hunt in Alberta one day.

Good Luck.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
The Alberta resident should be adding you to their draws. They can have up to 4 people on an application but no more than 1 non-resident per resident. If he has 4 people on the application 2 could be non-residents as long as there are also 2 residents on the application. Everyone on the application gains a priority point.

I do this regularly for a Nephew and Cousin who wish to hunt in Alberta one day.

Good Luck.
Great. That clears things up. Thanks guys.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:31 AM

If his draw is already in and he left you out,
Maybe a kind member here will add you to their priority only draw.
With only12 hrs left.

TBark
Old 06-20-2019, 01:28 PM

Default Draw changes.

New for 2019 you can make changes to your draws up until they close at 11:59 tonight. So they can add you into their draws even if they have already submitted.

Phil
Old 06-20-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBark View Post
If his draw is already in and he left you out,
Maybe a kind member here will add you to their priority only draw.
With only12 hrs left.

TBark
All good! THanks!