Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2018, 01:26 PM

Piffle or not Piffle?
Old 04-16-2018, 02:35 PM

I ordered a big mac and fries. Said no catsup...got home and in the bag I did bet catsup.

Or is it Ketchup?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-11-2018, 07:30 PM

Old 05-11-2018, 08:07 PM

Stupid photo radar. 3 weeks later get a ticket in the mail. 3 different drivers and I don't know who to yell at.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:23 PM
Banned

Supposed to be +25 here on the weekend.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:46 PM

That woman throwing crap around in Tim Horton’s in Langley, BC. Previously known to police, according to the police, and not let to use the washroom due to past behaviour, according to Tim Hortons. I wonder what was the behaviour. Or maybe they just did not let her use the washroom. Who knows. Either way, the woman is pretty crazy.

P. S. I really do not like places that do let people use their washrooms, to the point that I try not to give them any of my business if there is an alternative.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:15 PM

The things you see when you don't have a camera. A large crow just flew ten feet overhead and it had a big brown bat in it's beak. An extended batwing hanging on each side of its beak.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 05-28-2018, 06:33 PM

Now this is a redneck toy hauler if I've ever seen one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redneck vette.jpg (59.8 KB, 83 views)
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 05-28-2018, 07:41 PM
Banned

I’ve got a problem.

I eat my coffee break snack for lunch and my lunch for coffee break then I’m hungry in the afternoon.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I’ve got a problem.

I eat my coffee break snack for lunch and my lunch for coffee break then I’m hungry in the afternoon.
Slow mornings I eat my lunch by 10 and regret it for the rest of the day. Those are always the days where something goes wrong and I work late.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Slow mornings I eat my lunch by 10 and regret it for the rest of the day. Those are always the days where something goes wrong and I work late.
Ain’t that the truth or the days that are supposed to be a couple hours and leave lunch at home. Then turns into 16 hrs.

Loading 8 trucks and it takes a 2 hr round trip.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
My advice is eat nutritionally dense snacks and lunches if you arent now... I find that when I do that my body doesnt ask for food so often. I used to keep a container of mixed nuts and some bananas for snacks which helped.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
My advice is eat nutritionally dense snacks and lunches if you arent now... I find that when I do that my body doesnt ask for food so often. I used to keep a container of mixed nuts and some bananas for snacks which helped.
I randomly lose bags of jerky and bars in my company truck. Gives me a reserve when I’m hungry without having to resort to nutritional food.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
I randomly lose bags of jerky and bars in my company truck. Gives me a reserve when I’m hungry without having to resort to nutritional food.
I was smarter today. I had a nap at coffee time. Got lots of lunch left.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:08 PM

Old 05-31-2018, 07:41 PM
Banned

I had a very long day, thought I would tune in here to cheer me up...WRONG. Not sure what happened to my friend Opa on here but I see he has gone hunting. He was a very nice person and now I’m kicking myself becuase he asked me to come visit him and his family last summer but I couldn’t make it

Rest In Peace Opa
Old 05-31-2018, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I had a very long day, thought I would tune in here to cheer me up...WRONG. Not sure what happened to my friend Opa on here but I see he has gone hunting. He was a very nice person and now I’m kicking myself becuase he asked me to come visit him and his family last summer but I couldn’t make it

Rest In Peace Opa
Not knowing him but he sure seemed like one of the good ones. I hope his daughter is doing fine. If I remember correctly she was diagnosed with cancer.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
I’ve got a problem.

In a hundred years you'll be dead as will your children (if you have any) as will their children and their grandchildren (or close to it).

they might have this problem too.

random reply.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:19 AM
Banned

I do the best I can always. You can't break me down and don't ever try backing me into a corner. I am not your puppet and I never will be.

Happy Friday everyone.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:54 AM
Banned

A 20km walk is a long walk with a hoe. The good news is I've only got 10 more to go.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Banned

Almost there. Lol. I'll be there in time for lunch.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:28 PM

Default Interesting Observation

I witnessed an interesting thing coming home from work yesterday evening.
On Groat Road, and 111 ave, a guy with out a shirt, was perched up at the top of a spruce tree approximately 20 feet up.
Roads were blocked off and closed by the police, traffic rerouted.
Approximately 25 police officers, including all the tactical team, and 1 police dog, and at least 1 officer at the Inspector level.
3 fire trucks with ladder and full firefighter crew.
Ambulance and 2 EMT's.
Approximately 45 emergency service people on site.

They spent an hour dealing with this guy (who obviously wasn't all well)
The tactical team went up in the aerial ladder, and stuffed him in the bucket. Cuffed him and loaded him on a stretcher, to I assume Alberta Hospital.
This all took about 1 to 1.5 hours.

It was a complete waste of manpower and resources. I feel sorry for the people who were waiting for a police officer to respond to a robbery, accident, trouble call etc.

I must be getting far cynical in my years. I would have left him up there. Sooner or later he would have got hungry.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
A 20km walk is a long walk with a hoe. The good news is I've only got 10 more to go.
Ten hoes to go?
man, you have stamina
Old 06-01-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronji View Post
On Groat Road, and 111 ave, a guy with out a shirt, was perched up at the top of a spruce tree approximately 20 feet up.
Approximately 25 police officers, including all the tactical team, and 1 police dog, and at least 1 officer at the Inspector level.
Ambulance and 2 EMT's.

The tactical team went up in the aerial ladder, and stuffed him in the bucket. Cuffed him and loaded him on a stretcher, to I assume Alberta Hospital.

It was a complete waste of manpower and resources. I feel sorry for the people who were waiting for a police officer to respond to a robbery, accident, trouble call etc.

I must be getting far cynical in my years. I would have left him up there. Sooner or later he would have got hungry.

I would have called one F&W officer and told him to bring his dart gun.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:37 PM

Stopped at Chamberlin SK. to pick up a coffee to go, the wife was standing in the pay line when the guy behind her tucked a sub, pop and a few other goodies under his arm and bolted out the front door to a semi tractor unit with no load! The unit tore off down the highway the girl from behind the counter in hot pursuit yelling "you pay, you pay" if she ran a little faster she might have caught up to him.
I was sitting in my truck watching the whole thing wondering what the heck was that all about when the wife came out and filled me in. The store phoned the cops, should easy to find him pretty obvious getaway vehicle last seen heading south on Hwy 11.

Weird or what
Old 06-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
Ten hoes to go?
man, you have stamina
When you’re married it’s pretty easy to build stamina once you get the easy one out of the way.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:47 PM

I watched a drug deal go down. I was waiting in the truck for my wife to get something from the mall. A guy, mid 40's I'd say, black suit and tie, parked his car, put some money into his gas cap and went into the mall. Another guy, mid 20's collared shirt and jeans pulled up and put a small white bag of coke in the other guys gas cap and took the money.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:54 PM

The marked broken lines on the highway are 9 feet long.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronji View Post
Ambulance and 2 EMT's.

I always look over for the remainder of the tree noted in the following article when I drive by. As I passed by it today I either missed it or the remainder of the tree has finally been taken down. I assume that when the body was finally located the Police & Fire Dept topped the top 40% of the tree with a crane in order to lower the body as well as to forensically examine how he was tied off to determine whether it was a homicide or a suicide. The missing portion of the tree stood out when driving the adjacent main drag. This one was just so weird it made the news, normally suicides aren't reported:

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/...ast-six-months

Last edited by CaberTosser; 06-01-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:43 PM

Made a friend, lol

(He's now recuperating from what was certain death,
barely even seen him almost submerged in 1 foot water)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180613_203802.jpg (25.2 KB, 79 views)