Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-12-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinefredCommander View Post
Something I've noticed over the last 3 years is people from out of province and from the US up here hunting for 2 weeks at a time, killing 2 roosters every day and eating them. Eliminate "annual" out of province pheasant hunting licenses and only allow 1 week...
This is nothing new , Alberta pheasant hunting has a very long history of welcoming non resident and non resident aliens to hunt pheasants .
As far as eating two pheasants then shooting more , I know lots of residents that do the very same thing.
That will do nothing to help the pheasant population when the biggest problems are habitat and predators .
Cat
Old 08-12-2019, 10:13 AM

Those birds are released to be shot and ate. It is a put and take program to provide hunting opportunity to people who buy the licence. End of story. People can debate all they want, but this is the reality of living in the geographical location we do. If you see non-resident hunters, welcome them and shake their hand. They paid more than we did for the opportunity, they are spending money with local businesses, [B]and we did not have to wait in line for that opportunity while they were able to jump the queue because they had the cash as in certain big game instances such as antelope.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:23 PM

]

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinefredCommander View Post
Something I've noticed over the last 3 years is people from out of province and from the US up here hunting for 2 weeks at a time, killing 2 roosters every day and eating them. Eliminate "annual" out of province pheasant hunting licenses and only allow 1 week...

Are you nuts? If this was true then why are there more pheasants in the dakotas than anywhere else’s. Those 2 states have more pheasants and more out of state hunters than anywhere else.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
]

Are you nuts? If this was true then why are there more pheasants in the dakotas than anywhere else’s. Those 2 states have more pheasants and more out of state hunters than anywhere else.
Slow clap?

Why would I lie about a conversation? Far more BC residents then anything I will say.