Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-12-2010, 09:08 PM

Default Bows?

I shoot a PSE stinger and im lookin to upgrade id like to stay under a thousand any ideas.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:22 PM

Tons of ways to go about it with $1,000.00

Top of mind... lol... my bow for sale: Rytera Alien X (there's an ad in the classifieds).

Seriously, what are you looking to do? Hunt, Target, Both?

Are you looking $1,000.00 for just the bow, or a complete package?

The easiest thing to say: Get to a pro shop and try out just about all the bows that fit the price bill, as you're bound to find one that fits. And all the brands that you're going to find in a pro shop are high quality, so don't get too hung up on names. Just try them out, and buy what feels good to you and what you're comfortable in price.

My first bow was a PSE Nova, but as soon as I shot a PSE Vendetta XS, I put down the Nova and bought the Vendetta because it felt so good to me (Still does). (Which you can buy for under $1000 - and if you're diligent on what accessories you put on it, you can essentially get one loaded for under $1000.00)
Old 10-12-2010, 10:04 PM

Thanks man, Hey im lookin mainly for a hunting bow ,Im interested in a fast bow but not so fast that its not reliable time and time again if you know what i mean. Do you think i need to spend that much or is that overboard?
Old 10-13-2010, 12:31 AM

Athens Archery

www.athensarchery.com
Old 10-13-2010, 07:19 PM

Thanks pottymouth hey whats the prices like i just want the bow, they look pretty cool and they apear to be fast is there anyplace around RedDeer that i could check one out?
Old 10-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Banned

I shot a Martin Firecat the other day and was super impressed. No noise or shock and about as fast as they come and only $650, the Warthog was nicer still and about $850. Last time I was at Wolverine in Red Deer they had an APA Viper and a Hoyt Thunderhawk that were realy nice and less than $1000. Like archerynewb said just get out there and shoot a bunch of them, for a grand you can get a realy nice bow.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:17 PM

Try shooting some, I recently bought the Hoyt Maxxis 31 and love it to death sherwood park archery sells them for I believe 1065 well worth the money. The biggest thing is if your going to spend that kind of money, your going to have it for a while. This bow I love because when its finished launching an arrow its done, theres no jumping forward in your hand, it balanced so it naturally falls right, it just plain old feels good.

My brother bought one at the same time and knocked down his first elk with it this year. With any luck I will knock down a whitey in afew weeks or a moose if I can get out.

Find a vendor and shoot some
Cheers
Old 10-13-2010, 08:28 PM

Default Get a used bow

New bows will be coming out over the next couple of months and lots of guy's have to have a new one and you can get a wicked deal on a bow that is only a year old. Just my .02 cents.