Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 07:50 AM

Default Disgusting Union Boycott List for UCP Donors

Just read about the Alberta Federation of Labour releasing a website where they list all the UCP donors as an attempt to destroy the companies by boycotting them. Absolutely disgusting! Time to support all these companies. Bring on Bill 32!!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...cott-1.5752438
Old 10-07-2020, 07:56 AM

I would expect nothing less from the unions.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:04 AM

Already fired an email to the companies I use on the list telling them great job keep it up.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:13 AM

This is probably spearheaded by the husband of Rachel Notley, Lou Arab. Arab works for the Canadian Union of Public Employees as a Communication Official.

There were some rumblings a while ago that there was a conflict of interest in Arab holding this position while Notley was Premier.

The Dealership I deal with is listed and I sent them a congratulatory email!
Old 10-07-2020, 08:18 AM

Boycott my butt, just got a list of businesses to support

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:26 AM

To my knowledge, the Alberta Federation of Labor does not directly represent teachers and nurses. Teachers have the Alberta Teachers Association, and nurses have the United Nurses of Alberta. Please keep that in mind before you direct your anger at teachers and nurses. This boycott was not endorsed by us.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Just read about the Alberta Federation of Labour releasing a website where they list all the UCP donors as an attempt to destroy the companies by boycotting them. Absolutely disgusting! Time to support all these companies. Bring on Bill 32!!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...cott-1.5752438
About the same as non union supporters being disgusted by unions and calling to boycott Union companies
Cat
Old 10-07-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezam18 View Post
To my knowledge, the Alberta Federation of Labor does not directly represent teachers and nurses. Teachers have the Alberta Teachers Association, and nurses have the United Nurses of Alberta. Please keep that in mind before you direct your anger at teachers and nurses. This boycott was not endorsed by us.
Looks like nurses are on there as an affiliate. Teachers are not. This is who they represent:
https://www.afl.org/affiliates
Old 10-07-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
About the same as non union supporters being disgusted by unions and calling to boycott Union companies
Cat
I haven't seen this anywhere. Is there a list of the unionized companies somewhere?
Old 10-07-2020, 08:40 AM

Haha to me it looks like a list of car dealerships, which I avoid like the plague anyways. It turns out I naturally boycott UPC donors anyways.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezam18 View Post
I haven’t seen any releases from unions that disagree with the position and efforts of the AFL. I would expect to see messaging from even an affiliate union if the actions of the elected leadership do not reflect their views
Old 10-07-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Already fired an email to the companies I use on the list telling them great job keep it up.
Where is the list. I will download and support “The Listed UCP supporters “. My anger against government union labour grows stronger daily.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:48 AM

One has to remember, if you're a union member, your dues are going to support this, whether you agree or not.

Grizz
Old 10-07-2020, 08:56 AM

How is this any different than when conservative groups call for a boycott like they did with Earls, A&W and Lush? Is it disgusting and dirty then?

This is all public knowledge btw....it's on the elections Alberta website so it's not like a secret.

You should know who is contributing to a campaign or party. With donations come strings attached. That's just a proven fact. You think those photo ops are free? You think those photo ops are not a boost to business?

If you don't think it's important to know who your govt is beholden to then you must be happy to have your head in the sand.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Where is the list. I will download and support “The Listed UCP supporters “. My anger against government union labour grows stronger daily.
https://www.boycottucpdonors.ca/
Old 10-07-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokey75 View Post
How is this any different than when conservative groups call for a boycott like they did with Earls, A&W and Lush? Is it disgusting and dirty then?

This is all public knowledge btw....it's on the elections Alberta website so it's not like a secret.

You should know who is contributing to a campaign or party. With donations come strings attached. That's just a proven fact. You think those photo ops are free? You think those photo ops are not a boost to business?

If you don't think it's important to know who your govt is beholden to then you must be happy to have your head in the sand.
A&W is disgusting and dirty. The way they false advertise and try to create separation for farmers is appalling. UCP being bought by a $2500 donation. lol
Old 10-07-2020, 09:02 AM

This is a democracy. We are free to vote with our dollars. If this angers you, get over yourself.

This topic is being shut down because this forum is not gonna be used to divide outdoorsmen based on their terms of employment. Union members have no more power over how their union spends their dues, than the OP has over how Trudeau allocates his taxes. Period.
Closed Thread