Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 09-10-2017, 01:53 PM

Default North ram directions

Can anyone tell me how to get to the North Ram. The North fork road. I would like to take my family up there to camp and fish but I am unsure how to get there. Directions from Nordegg or Rocky would be appreciated. Please help
Old 09-10-2017, 02:05 PM

From Nordegg head south on the FTR till you get to it. It's been years but I'm sure it's less than an hours time.

From RMH take the hiway to Cow Lake follow it to prairie creek then north for quite always. Depending on road conditions it will be an hour plus.

BW
Old 09-10-2017, 04:52 PM

Hit the ftr just past nordegg drive 32km south and that's the north ram north fork road is the road just before cross the river
Old 09-10-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Redneck View Post
Can anyone tell me how to get to the North Ram. The North fork road. I would like to take my family up there to camp and fish but I am unsure how to get there. Directions from Nordegg or Rocky would be appreciated. Please help
Came down the North Fork Road last night from the FTR. There is road construction going on for the first 8-10km when heading west from Rocky.. Random camping along the side of the road. Best camping/fishing loooked to be closer to the FTR. May be best to come in from Nordegg. Avoid the construction. There was also an active log haul on the road earlier this summer. Believe they were headed out to Highway 752 and we're recommending to avoid the road during the haul.

DR