Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 06-13-2013, 11:05 PM

Default New waders and boots

Hi all. Just picked up some new waders and boots today and I'd like to know if anyone else has experience with these. I got a set of Bare Adams waders and a pair of Korkers Chrome wading boots. I have been using and old neoprene set of waders with attached boots and figured it was time to move up. I really likes the configuration of the waders and they seemed like they would be able to hold up to some abuse. I think they'll be way more comfy then the old neoprenes on a hot summer day. I also really liked the feel of the boots. Nice ratchet system on them and they felt pretty sturdy. I was just wanting to know opinions of these products as I didnt spend the time to research the heck out of this purchase before I made it. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:05 PM

Ive got a pair of Korkers and love them.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:25 PM

korkers = the best boot I've owned so far I have a pair of wetlands
one of the fist korkers made. As long as you keep the mud and crap
out of the grove where the soles fit they will last a long time.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningfreak View Post
Hi all. Just picked up some new waders and boots today and I'd like to know if anyone else has experience with these. I got a set of Bare Adams waders and a pair of Korkers Chrome wading boots. I have been using and old neoprene set of waders with attached boots and figured it was time to move up. I really likes the configuration of the waders and they seemed like they would be able to hold up to some abuse. I think they'll be way more comfy then the old neoprenes on a hot summer day. I also really liked the feel of the boots. Nice ratchet system on them and they felt pretty sturdy. I was just wanting to know opinions of these products as I didnt spend the time to research the heck out of this purchase before I made it. Thanks!
I have the exact same setup, love both the waders and the boots, I think you will be very happy. I've abused my waders, like "sliding" down a hill I didn't plan on sliding down and they are no worse for wear
Old 06-16-2013, 10:07 AM

Good to know. Thanks for the replies!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Banned

I think a lot of guys on here have made the transition.....and oh boy am I ever happy I did.
Neoprenes... bye bye