Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-10-2018, 10:36 AM
Shooting Xs

Default Conservative MP Glen Motz Town Hall Meeting on C-71

April 12th. 7:00-9:00 PM.
Ballroom A
Medicine Hat Lodge
Glen Motz is one of the MP'S on the Committee reviewing this Bill ,in case you're not aware.

http://www.mhrrc.ca/image.php?t=news...ownHall_EN.jpg
Old 04-11-2018, 07:05 AM

Most likely see Dez and I there.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:05 AM
Shooting Xs

I went to this town hall meeting last night ,Ballroom A was pretty much packed with concerned firearm owners .
Glen Motz spoke on a number of points ,the one thing he mentioned specifically was keeping up the pressure on the Liberals with emails and letters.
The PMO and Safety Minister office in particular . He said quite honestly ,form letters and emails usually get filed under G, take the time to write some thing personal ,how this affects you directly, limit them to a couple of paragraphs .
Emails will suffice ,letters are better and the envelope doesn't require a stamp.
Honestly, the Liberals need to fulfil their campaign promise to make it appear that they're doing some thing in the way of Public Safety ,regardless of whether it makes any sense or has any merit.
I think all we can hope for is some changes to what is proposed.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:40 PM

Did he say anything about Goodale pushing back the UN firearms marking? I read a comment on that yesterday, but can't confirm it, so far.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:52 PM

Did he make any commitments about the Conservatives enshrining Property Rights, including gun ownership, in the constitution so we won't have to keep continually fighting these stupid initiatives. Outside of that it is just a big money raiser for the Conservatives.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:03 AM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Did he say anything about Goodale pushing back the UN firearms marking? I read a comment on that yesterday, but can't confirm it, so far.
No mention of UN markings push back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Did he make any commitments about the Conservatives enshrining Property Rights, including gun ownership, in the constitution so we won't have to keep continually fighting these stupid initiatives. Outside of that it is just a big money raiser for the Conservatives.
Property rights topic was mentioned ,nothing in the way of a solid commitment was made. I would think they would save that for the election campaign ,that's just my opinion though.
Yup ,fundraiser opinion also correct I suspect, but I wanted to hear what he had to say.
C-71 will go through ,of that I have no doubt .They may end up throwing us a bone or two in the way of the UN marking continuing push back and maybe amendments to the ATT concerning Gunsmith repairs ,but again that's just my thoughts.