Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2014, 03:22 PM

Exclamation TELUS - trying hard to keep us happy.

My Samsung Galaxy note 3 ate it's micro sd drive this morning. I called Telus to see if tech support had any answers for me. They said they had not seen this problem previously but google shows it to be a common issue. He had nothing to offer for help.

After the tech ended the call I answered the satisfaction survey honestly, and got a call back a hour or so later. They asked me if I had any other questions or concerns, and then asked if I was interested in a better deal on my plan.

In the end I get unlimited Canada and USA long distance and local calls, unlimited north America texting and 6GB of data, call waiting, fwd, id, etc for $75 per month down from $85.

They seem to be trying harder lately. Well done.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-14-2014, 04:16 PM

I got a free movie from them.
Meanwhile any new customers got a flat screen tv.

My cell plan has been with Rogers since for Eva

Is your NA plan continental only?

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post
I got a free movie from them.
Meanwhile any new customers got a flat screen tv.

My cell plan has been with Rogers since for Eva

Is your NA plan continental only?
I think all 50, doesn't include roaming.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-14-2014, 07:30 PM

Default Another Telus Trying story

I got a new phone through Telus about 6 months ago. Later I enabled a data plan. About a month after that I saw a Telus plan that looked like it would be great for me. Went to a store to get plan changed. Lady at store tried to change it but it would not allow her. She checked into some fine print and found that this new plan was only for new customers or people who got a new device. She then gave me a Telus loyalty phone number. Went home and phoned this new number, was polite and stated I would like to get this new plan. Without any further hassle got signed up on the new plan Far different story than 4yrs ago when trying to switch to Telus internet which took over a month to get working
Old 03-14-2014, 10:16 PM

Default Telus

Glad to hear they are getting back in the game.Couple years back called Telus wanted a quote on 4 smart phones data package unlimited tx.They came up over 160 dollars high per month with less data than Bell.Emailed them no responce.Happy it worked for you.Maybe when my contracts are up they will be sharper on the pencil.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:36 PM

Ive had no luck with Telus, dropped calls and super slow internet speeds...Sasktel was 10 times better, had unlimited data, and cheaper too.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:38 PM

Thanks for posting Ken, my contract is up and Telus called me to encourage me to renew. But all they offered me was unlimited Nationwide calling, text, pics etc and a 2GB data plan. For $75. I am going to have to push them. Let them know I am talking to Bell.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybuster View Post
Thanks for posting Ken, my contract is up and Telus called me to encourage me to renew. But all they offered me was unlimited Nationwide calling, text, pics etc and a 2GB data plan. For $75. I am going to have to push them. Let them know I am talking to Bell.

Mine is 6gb, I am sure they will do the right thing.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:47 PM

Upgrade to a Blackberry Z10 or Z30...
Old 03-15-2014, 07:38 AM

I've had the original Note for 2 yrs now with no SD card problems. I'm runnin' a 32 gb and about to order a bigger one. I like my stolen music in .flac files
Old 03-16-2014, 01:02 AM

Ken, how did you do this? I can't get them to budge. And now they are saying $85 for 1 GB. And only nationwide unlimited. And you are saying you got 6GB and Nationwide plus USA unlimited calling. Tell me your secret, please. btw do you have Telus TV and Internet as well?
Old 03-16-2014, 01:14 AM

Ken are you paying a balance on a phone? Or own your phone?

Kind ticks me off I've been with Telus 17 years straight. I had to literally fight with customer loyalty when I bought a subsidized iPhone 5s to get essentially your same plan but visual voicemail and only 1gig of data.

I'd still be doing awesome though if your phone was paid for.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezter View Post

Kind ticks me off I've been with Telus 17 years straight. I had to literally fight with customer loyalty when I bought a subsidized iPhone 5s to get essentially your same plan but visual voicemail and only 1gig of data.

I'd still be doing awesome though if your phone was paid for.
Seriously Jezter? You got unlimited calling US and Canada but with 1 GB Data for $75 too? Who do you guys talk to? I have only ever seen or heard of unlimited Nationwide (Canada)
Old 03-16-2014, 05:52 AM

I have the iPhone 5 and get unlimited North America calling,unlimited texting and 3 gb for 85/month. It was a new phone and contract in Dec.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:13 AM

If you don't like Telus , try Koodo, I pay $56 per month for unlimited long distance in Canada, and 2G of data. Best of all, you aren't locked in, you can leave anytime, or go with any new rate that they come up with. They use the Telus equipment.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Ken, how did you do this? I can't get them to budge. And now they are saying $85 for 1 GB. And only nationwide unlimited. And you are saying you got 6GB and Nationwide plus USA unlimited calling. Tell me your secret, please. btw do you have Telus TV and Internet as well?
Just land lines and cell, Internet is not available here from telus. I have had the same number since 1987. I guess you just have to catch the right person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezter View Post
I own it, they gave me a free upgrade when my lg p935 died.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:31 PM

If anyone is looking for a new telus mobile PM me I'll give you my friends and family discount account, up to $150 off on phones
Old 03-16-2014, 01:03 PM

If you don't want to lock in and pay the device balance BS. Take a look into either the new Nexus 5 which is a high end device for $350.00 unlocked. Or if you don't need high end Staples now sells a dual sim phone called a nugget something or other. It's a half decent phone, unlocked with Android Jelly Bean on it for only $180.00. Can't beat that price. Phones are about to get a whole lot cheaper as well as plans.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Seriously Jezter? You got unlimited calling US and Canada but with 1 GB Data for $75 too? Who do you guys talk to? I have only ever seen or heard of unlimited Nationwide (Canada)
No I actually don't have unlimited US calling. Just Canada wide. Visual voicemail is also awesome though and worth $5.00/month and I have that as well.

If you had a continuous service from Telus for over 17 years like me, you could get the same thing too. IN all reality I'm getting all that for $55.00/month. $30.00 of that is towards my Iphone 5s 64gig payment on a 2yr contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I own it, they gave me a free upgrade when my lg p935 died.
Ok I'm not as jealous now knowing you own your phone.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
My Samsung Galaxy note 3 ate it's micro sd drive this morning. I called Telus to see if tech support had any answers for me. They said they had not seen this problem previously but google shows it to be a common issue. He had nothing to offer for help.

After the tech ended the call I answered the satisfaction survey honestly, and got a call back a hour or so later. They asked me if I had any other questions or concerns, and then asked if I was interested in a better deal on my plan.

In the end I get unlimited Canada and USA long distance and local calls, unlimited north America texting and 6GB of data, call waiting, fwd, id, etc for $75 per month down from $85.

They seem to be trying harder lately. Well done.
Doesn't that just mean that you were being overcharged by 10 dollars every month for the last how many years in the first place? Funny how they never want to give you a lower rate untill you are ****ed off about something.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_G View Post
Doesn't that just mean that you were being overcharged by 10 dollars every month for the last how many years in the first place? Funny how they never want to give you a lower rate untill you are ****ed off about something.
I had CDMA until a couple years ago, unlimited data and calling for $65/month, then 'had' to switch to 3G when they dropped CDMA.
It is 100% write off for me, but I still like to get the best deal I can.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:42 PM

Just spoke with Telus regarding wanting to upgrade my phone because they are discontinuing the operation of my current one in a couple weeks. I have had it since 2008 and it still works fine. Even had better reception than most other smart phones during a recent cell outage in our town.

Phone the *611 number and talk to a couple different people who are obviously not in Canada. Finally get to somebody who says they are on the customer loyalty team....

I dont know if she forgot to list options but their BEST deal was:
Unlimited Nationwide Calling
Unlimited Text, Picture and Video Messaging
Call Display
Call Waiting
Voice Mail 3
Conference Calling
500 mb of data
$70
She said that this was the very special offer just for me since we have been with Telus for so long (since 2005)

On their website they list:
Unlimited Nationwide Calling
Unlimited Text, Picture and Video Messaging
Call Display
Call Waiting
Voice Mail 3
Conference Calling
500 mb of data
$80

Not very convincing when the best they offer is the same plan as I can get from any other provider but with a $10 discount.

Edit: She called back and I got some clarifications so I adjusted the post.

Last edited by averagejoe; 04-15-2014 at 05:04 PM. Reason: details
Old 04-15-2014, 04:51 PM

You should be able to get that package but with 6 g of data for about that same price.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blgoodbrand1 View Post
You should be able to get that package but with 6 g of data for about that same price.
+1

Old 04-15-2014, 05:07 PM

I just posted on their Facebook page. I wonder if I will get a reply or not.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Banned

Cool

Loyalty goes a long way . 9yrs now . Charging circut went on my phone the hour befote I left for victoria. . Walked in to store in victoria "phone broken want new " store jockey said" cant do" "phone broke get some one on phone" 30 min on phone presto new in box rugby. Same plan as k07v has 2gb 79 $ with 200 min international long distance. Its not what you know....
Old 04-15-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
Loyalty goes a long way . 9yrs now . Charging circut went on my phone the hour befote I left for victoria. . Walked in to store in victoria "phone broken want new " store jockey said" cant do" "phone broke get some one on phone" 30 min on phone presto new in box rugby. Same plan as k07v has 2gb 79 $ with 200 min international long distance. Its not what you know....
That's not the same plan k07v has; unlimited minutes + LD nationwide and now US wide + 6gb data.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:30 PM

Just had a few messages with somebody on the Telus FB page. They will have a "Loyalty Team Manager" call me back. Might take 1-2 business days so I will update this when that happens.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
That's not the same plan k07v has; unlimited minutes + LD nationwide and now US wide + 6gb data.
All that with 200 min international ld and 2gb could of had 6gb but took international ld instead. 79 $.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:35 PM

I am going to go with SaskTel here soon. $80 per month for unlimited everything in Canada and unlimited calling to the states. That includes the subsidy for a new phone.