Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-28-2014, 10:36 PM

Default Kirafu packs

I'm looking to buy a decent pack that will do day hunts and multiday backcountry hunting/hiking. I was looking at Kirafu Nomadic and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. It's not archery specific but it looks like it will carry a bow or a rifle. It's expensive but I intend on it being my last pack so I want something that will last, work for camping, rifle season archery season and a day pack.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:28 AM

They are excellent packs. I just have their frame/meat shelf/chair, and I strap a full sized duffel to it. The gun bearer system is excellent for carrying your rifle. Never tried it with a bow, but from what I know of their gear, it all works as advertised, and is very well thought out.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:33 PM

The versatility of it blows my mind. At first I thought the gull wing design was a bit odd but after seeing what it can handle I'm impressed.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:27 PM

A friend of mine had one in Afghanistan and hauled alot of explosives and ammo with it and totally loved it

Kifiru also replaced it when it was torn off the side of our vehicle. This may have been situation dependant but I was impressed they replaced it no questions asked
Old 08-02-2014, 06:34 PM

I have been backpack backcountry hunting for a while and have bought more packs then I would like to admit, including all the ones everybody raves about becuz they see them in magazines on the backs of personalities.

Kifaru packs are hands down the best pack I have ever used. Worth the money! I have a BT1 and High Camp 7000. Both compress down to day back use and the Bikini frame is so comfortable with under 35lbs in it you forget you are even wearing it. I have hauled sheep off mountains and loads of moose and elk more than 10 Kms back to the truck.

Can't go wrong with Kifaru.