Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Tree Guy

Default Save Shane Doan

Hey guys! I know that this is a little off topic, but given this weeks controversy regarding Shane Doan being captain of team Canada I think that it could be a bit relevant.

I got this link via email today. It's a petition in regards to said controversy.

savedoan.ca/default.aspx

Thanks, Tree
Old 05-04-2007, 09:21 PM
WCTHEMI

Signed it. I know Shane and his family personally. I grew up in the same area. They are great, down to earth people. Its outlandish what he is being drug through over something that was almost two years ago, and was dealt with then.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:30 PM
kanonfodder

I love the fact that he scored the hat trick today vs Belarus.....at least Harper supported him. What a waste of time like our poli's have nothing better to do. I hope the BQ gets a huge backlash like their provicial cousins got this year.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:33 PM
WCTHEMI

I was also glad to see Bob Nicholson defend Doan so passionatly as well. Good on him for sticking up for his guys.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Tree Guy

Default It Sucks!

Good on Shane for LEADING team Canada to victory today with the 'hat-trick'! Talk about letting actions speak louder than words.

You know what sucks even more about this situation? From all reports, he is a devout Christian who rarely swears at all!

He was innocent 2 years ago, he is innocent today!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:11 PM
WCTHEMI

Default Re: It Sucks!

His family ran and probably still does run the Circle Square Ranch at Halkirk. Some of the nicest people you can ever meet. His younger sister is my age, she is also quiet the athlete, I think she played pro basketball in Europe for a time.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:02 AM
GoonBag

Default Re: It Sucks!

Quote:
at least Harper supported him
What are you talking about?? Harper didn't support him in the least bit. All of the parties in the house sided with that dipsh*t Duceppe in dragging Doan through the muck...including Harper. Harper only supported Doan after Hockey Canada officials came forward and helped him plead his case. Only then did Harper change his tune. This should have never been a political issue. As a democratic society I think we should be able to hold a vote and kick Quebec out of Canada..starting with Duceppe and the rest of his whiney BQ cronies.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:10 AM
right on dude..

Default right on dude......couldn't have said it better

Quote:As a democratic society I think we should be able to hold a vote and kick Quebec out of Canada..starting with Duceppe and the rest of his whiney BQ cronies.

Now yer talking, we are paying them to seperate from the rest of canada, that's what gets me!
if the governmnt of canada can legislate changes in our judicial system, health care, pensions,then surley to god they can impliment changes to any form af anarchy.but as the Quebec vote is a much coveted vote, they wont do a damm thing. i think they should change the rules give each province and territory a 10 member representation to parliment and not do it as they do now which gives quebec and ontario just a little too much clout. i also say the hell with tradition in parliment. lets change it and give everyone an even playing field.

>: >: >: >: >: >:
Old 05-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Alberta separartist

Default Re: right on dude......couldn't have said it better

gun owner....why not start a petition to extricate Quebec from Canada.

I agree that its time for Albertans to speak up; we have been too polite , for too long...
be prepared though to be called some very nasty names; as I have experienced, such as ...racist, knuckledragger, neanderthall, redneck Albertan.....however, if you can survive the scrutiny, the outcome just might be worth it.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:38 AM
rugatika

Maybe without Quebec commies voting we'd ba able to have some sensible gun laws in this country.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Tree Guy

I agree for the most part with what you guys are saying. However, I started this thread to support a good man who was getting bashed for political purposes only, in regards to an incident the NHL declared him innocent of. If you want to start up a quebec/Alberta thing...start your own thread, I dare ya. Could be a good one. Just don't hijack this one. Thank you.

Tree