Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-26-2019, 03:05 PM

Question Diesel Heater

anyone got a good like on any Diesel i am building a new fishing shack and i have been thinking of going with a diesel heater vented to the outside I know of the Pioneer ones but want to see if the was a cheaper option out there
Old 10-26-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkynuts View Post
anyone got a good like on any Diesel i am building a new fishing shack and i have been thinking of going with a diesel heater vented to the outside I know of the Pioneer ones but want to see if the was a cheaper option out there
I’ve got a couple Military H45 multi fuel heaters, I would sell ya one for $250 if your interested. Works great for my wall tents.

Jim...
Old 10-27-2019, 09:37 AM

How about the devil air heaters on eBay that are made for vehicals and boats. They are cheap and seem to work well.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:58 AM

Default Heater

Another option is the Martin direct vent propane furnace, I installed one of these in my hunting cabin.... very impressed... gravity fed, no need for power, takes up little space, hangs on the wall
Old 10-28-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniaw24 View Post
Another option is the Martin direct vent propane furnace, I installed one of these in my hunting cabin.... very impressed... gravity fed, no need for power, takes up little space, hangs on the wall
How many square feet does that heat thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2019, 12:53 PM

Default Heater

I believe there are 3 different sizes from the smallest heating around 150 sq ft to the medium size which is the one I have heats appx 600 sq ft and there is one bigger which heats somewhere over 1000 sq ft.... I purchase mine from Costco
Old 10-28-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniaw24 View Post
I believe there are 3 different sizes from the smallest heating around 150 sq ft to the medium size which is the one I have heats appx 600 sq ft and there is one bigger which heats somewhere over 1000 sq ft.... I purchase mine from Costco
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2019, 08:46 PM

Funny you should ask, my diesel heater just arrived today.
Elcheapo Chinese knock off but I’ve heard they work well if you set them up,correctly. There’s a guy on YouTube who,has a series of 14 (or more?) videos on these heaters. I’ll have to wait until after hunting season to try mine....can’t wait.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Elcheapo Chinese knock off but I’ve heard they work well if you set them up,correctly. There’s a guy on YouTube who,has a series of 14 (or more?) videos on these heaters. I’ll have to wait until after hunting season to try mine....can’t wait.
can you post a link to the web site you bought it from and provide us review by chance
Old 11-12-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkynuts View Post
can you post a link to the web site you bought it from and provide us review by chance

https://youtu.be/jCZhjGyR3bo

Check this guys videos... he’s obsessed about these heaters. I haven’t installed mine yet and it’ll take a few months before I do. First I’ve got to get through hunting season
Old 11-13-2019, 08:24 AM

Look at Deluxe Wall Tents website. I believe they are an AO website advertiser.

For our Deluxe wall-tent (16x20x5w) we use their Prospector diesel heater. Works great. For an ice fishing shack I would go with the smaller unit being you will be insulated shack
Old 11-13-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post

Yes....please update on what u think of the cheapo heater..
Been thinking of one myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2019, 03:04 AM
Gone Hunting

I have three older diesel heaters, the drip type.

Don't know if you would be interested in that type of heater. They can be messy and bothersome to light, but they can be found for cheap.

I bought all three at farm auctions. I only remember what I payed for the last one. It cost me $35.00. It's a Coleman and puts out around 1,000 btu.

The other two were in that ball park price wise. I don't recall what brand names are on them. None of them are here so I can't even check.
They are up north with my trapping gear.
I used them in my line cabins.

If you aren't in a hurry and go to farm auctions, they are a possible cheap alternative.

I also see the small milk house size propane heaters sell at those auctions.
They ususally fetch a better price but $100.00 should get a good one.
That's another possible less expensive option.

Even a heater out of an old camper might work.

George Bernard Shaw