Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2019, 12:14 PM

so sorry to hear, gut wrenching is right. atleast you were the lucky SOB that got to luv him for 9 yrs, he was a very lucky companion
Old 11-12-2019, 01:04 PM

Thank you guys, it is tremendously hard to deal with, especially when I see my wife and daughter absolutely devastated and crying their eyes out( and me too). I don’t think this house has seen so much tears...
We took our little boy to the Edmonton Humane Society, they have a private cremation program so we can get his ashes back in 2-4 weeks...
Old 11-12-2019, 02:39 PM

I read these threads and dread the time this will come for our 10yr old.

So sorry for what you're going through, but remember the good times!

take care
Old 11-12-2019, 04:13 PM

Sorry to hear that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 11-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Well guys, I think I’m starting to believe in miracles or the powers of good wishes and good energy! We picked up our dog from the clinic yesterday and he is home with us now! The cardiologist gave her final verdict. The dog has a very small tumour on his heart, but this is the best kind of tumour that is out there! Very slow growing and very rarely metastasizing. Wow! There haven’t been any more of the fluids build up in the heart sack since they drained it. Doc saying that she doesn’t think that it will be a problem but we still have to come and see them in a month. The pooch needs to be resting most of the time so no more doggy parks... But he is alive and with us!
The situation can change any time thou and we have to monitor the dog. So somebody have to be home pretty much all the time or be able to stop by every hour or two. That’s not a problem in our house since wife spends most of her time working from the house.
So we are all very thankful for that outcome. We will be taking it day by day thankful that we have what we have.
Thanks again to everybody who sincerely contributed to the pool of the good energy and the nothing less than a miraculous recovery of the little guy!
Reading the first part left me feeling raw inside.

Our girl is seven now. I hope she lasts another seven. I don't want to even contemplate having to say goodby.

I know I shouldn't read these threads but sometimes I forget.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-13-2019, 01:49 AM

I'm very sorry to read about this. I know how much it sucks to have to go through this.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:22 AM
AO Sponsor

Sorry to hear this sir... Pups are one surefire source of Love and joy and their loss is felt immensely.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 11-13-2019, 08:41 PM

Default All Dogs GO To Heaven

KGB,

So sorry to hear off your loss, every time I read one of these posts, I have such a heavy heart, and a empty feeling.

I have a 15 y.o Shepard Cross, and I dread the day when I have to post........
Dogs are such remarkable creatures, with their own personalities, I really wished they could live as long as we do.

I'm so sorry for your loss of your friend, may you and your family find peace.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:55 PM

Sorry for your loss. Went through the same with our 9 yr old King Shepherd last fall. Drained his sac 3 times, x rayed by Alberta's only pet cardiologist. 4th time there was no local rural vet on a Friday night to do the drain and he died a horrible death. Still devastated. He was so full of life we thought he was going to last another 5 yrs.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:24 PM

Thank you, thank you guys so much for your kind words....