Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Charter is just fine... ya jus gotta read it and understand it.

Sec 1..... if your position is justifiable in a free and democratic society.... you get the right/freedom OR you limit it.

So..... that means it ALL boils down to a conversation.... a national conversation. An ongoing one.

Limit that by firing a guy and shutting up the conversation ... that’s wrong, cowardly..... man mostly..... undemocratic.

It’ll kill our country.
I disagree with Grape’s Rant.... but don’t you dare censor him. Or take his job.

Charters just fine man. Learn to understand the tool.

And stop this ‘us vs them’ and ‘we lost vs they won’
There’s no enemy here, just citizens, just neighbors, just Canadians.

Sorry for the derail.
BESSIE.....Always love your comments, but the Oilers? You have better taste than that...LOL

You are always welcome on the Flames team cause your OIL may not make the playoffs again...

My main point is there are a few that actually make sense on this forum and you are one of them.....Others have dissapeared from this site, which is too bad....
Old 11-12-2019, 07:45 PM

Default Mope

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
BESSIE.....Always love your comments, but the Oilers? You have better taste than that...LOL

You are always welcome on the Flames team cause your OIL may not make the playoffs again...

My main point is there are a few that actually make sense on this forum and you are one of them.....Others have dissapeared from this site, which is too bad....
I’ll never become one of THEM.

Them guys r kookie.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-12-2019, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:

Them guys r kookie.
RACIST!
Old 11-12-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Tollers View Post
The man used a poor choice in words and has said that if he had a chance to speak again he would have used different words with an intent that all Canadians should wear poppies.

The problem he faced with the backlash against SportsNet is what cost him his job. As an employee he represents the brand and the brand felt threatened. Do I agree with his first words - No, do I think he wishes for a do over - yes.

Do I agree with shutting him down through a censorship firing no. I think there needs to be open debate and Don needs to be a participant in that discussion. We cannot continue to shut down civil discussions on opposing views through censorship or shouting down.

What puzzles me is how Don is held to this standard (including miss-quotes by the media - Global in particular) yet a Prime Minister gets to mock an Indigenous woman at a fund raiser or Quebec passes a secular dress code ---- where is the media howl on these?
Double standard. Do as I {Gubberment} Not as I do.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:08 PM

"Charters just fine man. Learn to understand the tool"
Something written by the government telling the people that elected them how to live. Thought they worked for us.?
Old 11-12-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
RACIST!

Bessie...You are a part of the South and you are betraying us down here...
Old 11-12-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:

Them guys r kookie.
Come on Bessie....You are a Southern and Flames by heart...LOL
Old 11-12-2019, 08:51 PM

Default Sorry... but that’s silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield303 View Post
"Charters just fine man. Learn to understand the tool"
Something written by the government telling the people that elected them how to live. Thought they worked for us.?
With all due respect. Please read it. Then argue why it sucks. Till then, your position lacks man.

I can be convinced it sucks. Just help me with the ideas.

Blanket hating ‘the government’ is like having a hate on for ‘that guy’ that keeps staring at you from the other side of the mirror man.

Democracy and it’s Institutions are a full contact, full participation sport. Get in the game.

Ps

Go OIL!!
Old 11-12-2019, 09:56 PM

The truth is all this would have been avoided if everyone wore a poppy, people died for the worlds freedom and our being able to speak our mind, it is sad to see what our country has become. You
Old 11-13-2019, 07:17 AM
Banned

Oh Canada... what a pathetic country you’ve become!

It’s getting harder and harder to remain patriotic to such snowflake country.

I hate the idea of separation, dividing such a great land, but Canada is heading for a course that is against my morals and beliefs. It’s not the Canada that I grew up in, and although not all changes Canada has gone through in the past few decades are bad, I’m afraid most of them are and the trend is getting even worse. Our federal government clearly only cares about the vote and not the country.

Signed;
Sad and embarrassed Canadian.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:24 PM

excusing the source (CBC) ...some interesting Cherryisms in this feature. the change in the temperature of political correctness in the past 20 years is astronomical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-sG...s#action=share
Old 11-13-2019, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skain11 View Post
excusing the source (CBC) ...some interesting Cherryisms in this feature. the change in the temperature of political correctness in the past 20 years is astronomical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-sG...s#action=share
Old 11-13-2019, 10:49 PM

Anyone watch that clip from the show The Social? The 4 yentas, going off about Cheery? I couldn't watch the whole thing, the comments made by Jess Allen, were brutal. The part that actually offended me was about how privileged family's, who pay $5000 a season would be better off using that $$ to travel and educate their kids. So since my son played minor hockey not only is he a bully (her words) he is uneducated or cultured?
I am full hot after watching this, and knowing that the double standard of what she did and what happened to Don, she will be able to keep her job. UGH sad state we are living in..
Old 11-13-2019, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Oh Canada... what a pathetic country you’ve become!

It’s getting harder and harder to remain patriotic to such snowflake country.

I hate the idea of separation, dividing such a great land, but Canada is heading for a course that is against my morals and beliefs. It’s not the Canada that I grew up in, and although not all changes Canada has gone through in the past few decades are bad, I’m afraid most of them are and the trend is getting even worse. Our federal government clearly only cares about the vote and not the country.

Signed;
Sad and embarrassed Canadian.
Change is hard for alot of people. We are going through some big shifts in thinking and questions about the power structure of our society.

The people in our society that have historically not had a voice now have a platform, mainly through social media.

I agree Canada is changing, really fast.

Its ironic how so many people in the west feel that "thier way of life" is being taken away from them by our federal government..
Old 11-13-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage3006 View Post
Change is hard for alot of people. We are going through some big shifts in thinking and questions about the power structure of our society.

The people in our society that have historically not had a voice now have a platform, mainly through social media.

Its ironic how so many people in the west feel that "thier way of life" is being taken away from them by our federal government..
That’s not my federal government. I didn’t vote for them. I voted for the west and we lost. So if it’s not the gov’t then who is. I didn’t agree with mass immigration. I have no issue wth immigration but there has to be a better plan than just cross the border and come on in. I am totally on board with helping the less fortunate or those who immediately make our country better, but immigrants running away from the states because they have illegally entered that country and need a place to go now.... really. This is what we want ? They didn’t respect American immigration Law and we expect them to do better here because they crossed the border on foot. I don’t feel sorry or any need to help them at all they broke the law in the US and we welcome them ? Bringing 35000 immigrants across the ocean in to Canada in a year honestly..... you really think the gov’t can vet and help integrate everyone of these new citizens properly to ensure we as current Canadians can keep our heritage intact such as wearing a poppy. Wake up !!!

That’s only the issue of immigration how about the pipelines that will never be built. My way of life in the west is based on oil production. It fed me as a child and it feeds my children now. Probably not gonna feed my grandkids and it sure as hell isn’t cause I didn’t work for it. We out west worked hard to build our oil and gas industry and this current federal Gov’t ( not mine ) is %100 set on seeing it fail. What does the west have to give this country. Man YOU PEOPLE make me mad. Our way of life out west is dying and it sure isn’t cause of our provincial government. It isn’t cause of the people I know cause they work hard too.

The Federal Gov’t is supposed to work for the people of Canada. That includes the western part of the country and if you think they are doing a good job of protecting our interests and our “ way of life “ than you must be a liberal.

Put on a damn Poppy and be thankful. Sheesh.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
That’s not my federal government. I didn’t vote for them. I voted for the west and we lost. So if it’s not the gov’t then who is. I didn’t agree with mass immigration. I have no issue wth immigration but there has to be a better plan than just cross the border and come on in. I am totally on board with helping the less fortunate or those who immediately make our country better, but immigrants running away from the states because they have illegally entered that country and need a place to go now.... really. This is what we want ? They didn’t respect American immigration Law and we expect them to do better here because they crossed the border on foot. I don’t feel sorry or any need to help them at all they broke the law in the US and we welcome them ? Bringing 35000 immigrants across the ocean in to Canada in a year honestly..... you really think the gov’t can vet and help integrate everyone of these new citizens properly to ensure we as current Canadians can keep our heritage intact such as wearing a poppy. Wake up !!!

That’s only the issue of immigration how about the pipelines that will never be built. My way of life in the west is based on oil production. It fed me as a child and it feeds my children now. Probably not gonna feed my grandkids and it sure as hell isn’t cause I didn’t work for it. We out west worked hard to build our oil and gas industry and this current federal Gov’t ( not mine ) is %100 set on seeing it fail. What does the west have to give this country. Man YOU PEOPLE make me mad. Our way of life out west is dying and it sure isn’t cause of our provincial government. It isn’t cause of the people I know cause they work hard too.

The Federal Gov’t is supposed to work for the people of Canada. That includes the western part of the country and if you think they are doing a good job of protecting our interests and our “ way of life “ than you must be a liberal.

Put on a damn Poppy and be thankful. Sheesh.
I protect my families way of life. Ive changed careers three times, had to adapt to a changing job market.

Sitting back a crying for the government to save a PRIVATELY run industry when times are tough and demanding it stays away when times are good...

Not how I roll.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:43 AM
Banned

Quote:

Where are you from? I notice you don’t have a location listed. When you say “we are going through some big shifts in thinking and questions about our power structure” who is the “we” you speak of? It’s not the men and women who built Alberta, and Canada for that matter, through the oil and gas industry. Educational institutes, hospitals, recreation centers, a welfare system, paved, maintained roadways, environmental studies, all paid for by Alberta oil, and not a thank you for any of that, but rather the opposite. Free loaders take all that, then insult and accuse those who have worked so hard to provide the high standard of living they have been given, of destroying our environment. Quebec brags about a $4 billion dollar budget surplus, but fail to mention Alberta gave them a $13 billion dollar equalization payment! A prime example of how so many are so eager to take from those who work so hard, then insult them. You know who needs a reality check? If you don’t then you’re one of them.

It’s not “ironic” people in the West feel their way of life is being taken away from us by our federal government, it’s a fact. Is it “ironic” that Alberta’s unemployment rate went from 4.3% in 2015 to over 9% in 2017 and now sits at 6.7% mostly because of lower wages and part time positions created? Is it “ironic” our priminister literally forgot Alberta is part of Canada?

Alberta has supported Canada for decades with its oil industry, now we have a priminister from the east, who supports Saudi oil, dressed in black face and dresses up as hitler, and no idiots in Canada bat an eye, but Don Cherry says immigrants should show respect and wear a poppy, then you get a bunch of wingnuts twisting what he says, saying he’s accusing minorities of something and he loses his job? Don says exactly what’s on his mind, justin is a friggin drama teacher!!!!! He is an actor, and not a very good one at that, but it’s easy to see how easy it is to con a sheep. Anyone who can’t see through the sham our priminister is (which is less Canadians than those that voted conservative) is either selectively blind or plain stupid imo.

Life will be great when none us work and pay for health care, education, road maintenance and welfare hey? Oh what great changes are upon us, the future looks bright!!!
Old 11-14-2019, 06:50 AM
Banned

Quote:

Sitting back a crying for the government to save a PRIVATELY run industry when times are tough and demanding it stays away when times are good...

Not how I roll.

Exactly how quebec and the maritimes roll! And it’s apparent you are either not aware or refuse to see how generous Alberta oil is in both good and bad times.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Charter is just fine... ya jus gotta read it and understand it.

Sec 1..... if your position is justifiable in a free and democratic society.... you get the right/freedom OR you limit it.

So..... that means it ALL boils down to a conversation.... a national conversation. An ongoing one.

Limit that by firing a guy and shutting up the conversation ... that’s wrong, cowardly..... man mostly..... undemocratic.

It’ll kill our country.
I disagree with Grape’s Rant.... but don’t you dare censor him. Or take his job.

Charters just fine man. Learn to understand the tool.

And stop this ‘us vs them’ and ‘we lost vs they won’
There’s no enemy here, just citizens, just neighbors, just Canadians.

Sorry for the derail.
The charter is garbage, written by garbage. If there was only part one, it would be fine, but adding part two makes part one meaningless. Unfortunately, we live in a country where there will never be equality for all citizens, and the current government, is promoting the division between citizens. The people that Don Cherry wants us to remember , would be shocked to see what the country that they fought and died for has become.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 11-14-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:11 AM

Rage rage rage

Feel better Elk? Didn’t think so.

Please read it and understand it. If it protects minorities (and ‘old white guys are’)..... then it protects ALL minorities .....learn how to use it.

Stop raising your voice. Improve your argument.

ChArter is a weapon ‘for them’ it’s also a weapon for us.

Case in point..... the mom in BC that is a hint that her girls were harmed by being forced to participate in sweet grass purification ceremonies....... that (if argued well) should result in accommodations to the Christian kids methinks.

But. . Ya get the lawyer ya pay for u fortunately. I hope this case goes well.

Sorry elk, I respect you, if I offended you, I did t mean to.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Rage rage rage

Feel better Elk? Didn’t think so.

Please read it and understand it. If it protects minorities (and ‘old white guys are’)..... then it protects ALL minorities .....learn how to use it.

Stop raising your voice. Improve your argument.

ChArter is a weapon ‘for them’ it’s also a weapon for us.

Case in point..... the mom in BC that is a hint that her girls were harmed by being forced to participate in sweet grass purification ceremonies....... that (if argued well) should result in accommodations to the Christian kids methinks.

But. . Ya get the lawyer ya pay for u fortunately. I hope this case goes well.

Sorry elk, I respect you, if I offended you, I did t mean to.
This isn't rage, it is simply common sense. If you simply make everyone equal under the law, then there is no need to add the garbage that makes special treatment because of race or religion legal. Making it legal to treat people differently, guarantees that people will continue to be treated differently because of race or religion. You can never have equality for everyone, as long as it is acceptable to treat people differently.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:34 AM

After some reflection on his part Mr. Cherry realizes he made a mistake with his poor choice of words….we all make mistakes, he'll get over it. Its not as if he's in the poor house, he'll likely benefit more financially and has certainly gotten more air time since this incident instead of his once a week Coach's Corner sessions..

Canada is still a great country always will be...….That's why we've had people migrating here for 500 plus years...
Old 11-14-2019, 07:36 AM

I think what a lot of this boils down to is that multiculturalism as a political aim is a failure wherever it has been tried, Canada included. Celebrating, recognizing your ethnic background equal to, or in practice greater than, the country you have come to, results in angering / alienating the peoples of the host country, and never fully allowing the newcomers to fully embrace the values - ideals - social mores of the country they have come to. I feel Cherry absolutely meant what he said, but that doesn't mean he is a racist. It meant he is frustrated with what he has personally seen.

We are all immigrants in one way or another, but most of us had forefathers who came here under the expectation that they would embrace and adapt to a British system of gov't and way of life. It never made them forget who they were or where they came from - I still consider myself a proud Ukrainian - but it sure as heck didn't result in the division and alienation we have now.

The frustration that many feel in Canada today is a direct result of political decisions.

Thanks Pierre and your Cuban stepson.

Last edited by sns2; 11-14-2019 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
I protect my families way of life. Ive changed careers three times, had to adapt to a changing job market.

Not how I roll.
I would say you are a bit confused about how the world of business works.
You need to educate yourself.

The oil and gas industry is mainly run by PUBLICLY traded companies owned by shareholders and investors.

If they can't get a positive return on their investment - they send their money to other jurisdictions where they can make a return. The alternative is bankruptcy or receivership.

You would do the same. Do you work for free? Or pay your employer to allow you to work there?
Old 11-14-2019, 08:17 AM

Default Please look up the concept of

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
This isn't rage, it is simply common sense. If you simply make everyone equal under the law, then there is no need to add the garbage that makes special treatment because of race or religion legal. Making it legal to treat people differently, guarantees that people will continue to be treated differently because of race or religion. You can never have equality for everyone, as long as it is acceptable to treat people differently.
Do you know what equity is?......

It sortof means equal opportunity.... that's as basic an understanding as I can get.

Do you REALLY understand and have a knowledge of Canada's history?

Human societies ARE INHERENTLY UNEQUAL...... but modern societies... ALL of them.... tend to try for some type of equity.

Why.....? Cause in my opinion the human potential to improve all of our lot rests in random humans.... not in an elite group.... not a 'special minority group'.... or any other group.

Huge contributions have been made to our society by
"cripples"
"Jews"
"Crazy Whops"
"Japs"
"red men"
"pinkos"

etc.... etc.

They just pop up. Give them a decent change to thrive and contribute. Where you and I differ is that I believe that, on balance, any given 'peoples' that are granted a decent chance will more than contribute to our world/society...... most here see the opposite. That's cool... I can respect your opinion. But i'd like to engage it as well man.

If individuals are slackers or leeches.... then nail em.

Elk you're feeding into a simple narrative of frustration that simply has no justifiable basis in fact short of the odd anecdotal bud. Study Canadian History...study american and European history.... you'll see the truth of things possibly.

Research the 'canada first' party from our history..... this set of narrative tools has been used before. Our own history is a hell of alot uglier than we know. Maybe we should come to terms with a little of it.

Your common sense isn't. It's operating on a 'super wayyy tooo short' data base.

ps.....
I've met Don Cheery.... interviewed him in the '90's when I was a student. He sells populism... its a great business model. Its' always easy to sell blame. Always has been. Damn good sales person too.

There's some awesome business models for selling Alberta Nationalism based on 'common sense' as well. I honestly am going to start selling stuff and running a podcast for Western Nationalism.

I need a cool name....any ideas?

pps...... gotta go werk. Again... I'd gladly take you for wild pheasants next year as I think your an ok guy. Hope I didn't pee on the wheaties.

ppps.... If dat BC case goes against the Cristian kids.... then yea.... I could be totally wrong and I agree with ya possibly.

Last edited by bessiedog; 11-14-2019 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:30 AM

Bessie sometimes you make me want to be a flames fan.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Old 11-14-2019, 09:02 AM

Default whoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post

lolol!!! you win. Moose made me gag coffee. and made my morning.

I give up. You guys are totally right.

No more silly from me.

I'll be quiet now.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:

No more silly from me.

I'll be quiet now.
Well, at least for 10 minutes so we can enjoy our coffee, thanks!
Old 11-14-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:

No more silly from me.

I'll be quiet now.