Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Banned

Default Induction pan

What is a good, larger frying pan for an induction stovetop and where can on be found..??. Almost everything I have seen is not applicable. I have stainless pans but they are a PITA..
Old 11-12-2019, 04:21 PM

Canadian tire usually has some good ones on sale that are Induction compatible.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:35 PM

I've had an induction stovetop for 5 years and I have gone to using good ole cast iron for much of my cooking. I use a few sizes of fry pans but my favorite is a flat bottom black iron dutch oven. The higher sides keep in much of the splatter when frying and its great for slow cook stuff like stews. Good for on the woodstove too. Cast heats up super fast with induction and if you keep them seasoned they are pretty much non-stick and easy to clean if you put a bit of water in them when still hot. I can have a cast iron fry pan smoking hot and searing steaks within 1-2 minutes.

The standard induction rated pots work but don't conduct quite as well as cast iron. I do keep an induction rated non-stick frypan handy (can tire special) for doing eggs and grilled cheese. I also use a set of induction rated stainless pots for simple stuff like boiling water or making gravy.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:51 PM

We are all induction top at our house. Stainless steel is ok and cast iron works excellent. Watch CTire for 70 off sales dont pay full pop. Carry a magnet with you and if it sticks to the pan or pot well it should work good.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:33 PM

If it is non stick you are looking for I have had pretty good luck with ikea ones believe it or not and are a pretty good price think it is the ikea 356 or something .Cast iron work great on them just try not to drag them across it they tend to scratch the top
Old 11-12-2019, 09:51 PM

You might want to check “thermalloy” pans available at wholesale club or russels equipment.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:53 AM

We just bot a large "Paderno" stainless steel pan for induction at Canadian Tire, they have a good sale on, Cast iron is the way to go but the wife prefers a lighter pan
Old 11-13-2019, 11:43 AM
Banned

Just got this Canadian Tire Flyer in the mail today...some really great prices, including kitchen stuff (fry pans)
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/flyer...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 11-13-2019, 12:44 PM

Canadian tire. The company that will sell you a $1000 fry pan for $20. Doing Gods work. Sorry couldn't resist. How they have so many 70-80% off sales and don't go broke I'll never know
Old 11-13-2019, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
Canadian tire. The company that will sell you a $1000 fry pan for $20. Doing Gods work. Sorry couldn't resist. How they have so many 70-80% off sales and don't go broke I'll never know
Well, if you inflate the retail price enough you can knock 70% off and be realistic.

A lot of their product is poorly made junk and way over priced at the retail level.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:20 PM

Can Tire is interesting. They like to manufacture their own products and also mandate mainstream suppliers make special models just for them so there aren't any direct comparison pricing models. Thus the inflated standard pricing can never get called out. Good ole capitalism