Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-22-2015, 07:54 PM

Default New Hunter

Hi everyone, new to the forum and new to hunting. I've read some threads already and must say that everything is overwhelming. With being new to hunting i am also new to Alberta. I've been told by some people that Carrot Creek is good for hunting white tale, but I don't know where crown land would be or how to tell. Also i read that the AHEIA does a mentor program. I was wondering if this is any good and if you get the opportunity to shoot, or if its just something that they take you out and just tell you what to do. If anyone could give me any tips or pointers, as well as what areas around Edmonton to hunt that would be greatly appreciated. I know I have a lot to learn for next season!

Thanks
Tyler
Old 01-22-2015, 08:25 PM

Ha thats funny, im Tyler W too. AHEIA does have a mentor program but your best bet is to find someone on here to take you out for a day. Some people offer around hunting season and we also have the looking for a hunter partner thread for meeting with people who are looking for a partner. I might be able to take you out this year if time allows, but I wont be sure to closer to hunting season.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:49 AM

Welcome to Alberta and to hunting.
Check out the "looking for a hunting partner thread" and I'm sure someone will help you.
RBH
Old 01-23-2015, 09:59 AM

Welcome Tyler! Just keep participating here and you will learn a lot too.

Oh, and while you are still new and impressionable...LOL always try to be polite and respectful. We (me??) don't always succeed in following this advice, but it will make the forum a better place and keep you from getting banned! Have fun!
Old 01-23-2015, 10:22 AM

Best thing you can do is make sure you have all your tags and licences and grab a buddy and just go cruise the backroads out West a few weeks before the season opens, because then you will see where the critters are hanging out

Best of luck