Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-09-2017, 03:03 PM

You made a great choice ,when my wife starting hunting with me 30 years ago I already had a 6.5x55 plus a 270 ,but she really like the 6.5 so I bought another so when we were out we both had the same ammo because she was afraid to mix things up when in a hurry,she got her bull tag and on her first hunt shot a nice bull in 15 minutes and looked at me and said what are you doing up here for 3 weeks at a time.I still and always will like my magnums,just like them and when I am zeroed in on my game zero recoil is never felt,plus after I am sighted in I never go near a bench ,still practice but in positions I will more than likely kill from,wish you and your family the best of success with your new guns and I am sure it will be great.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I don't mind having more gun than I need, I like shooting a lot. I've had a pile of magnums, I sold my last one last year and at this point and time I just don't see me buying one in the near future. I grew up with a gun in my hand, 1899b and I even got hauled home by the cops when we were about 12 for Hunting grouse at the golf course where we grew up.

Recently I've been on an ultralight kick, packing around an ultralight reminds me of when I was a kid packing around my pellet gun or my 22. So for that reason I'm building my next rifle with a short action. I'll have a handy little rifle that weighs in around 5lbs, something I don't need a sling for that I can pack in my hand all day long. Maybe 260, maybe 7mm-08, maybe even 284win. It's going to be my grown up pellet gun.
Yes, i can attest that it was either a gun or a fishing rod as Kurt505's 3rd arm most of the time...
Old 02-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Also of note however, one of, if not the most vicious kicking rifle I ever owned was a Winchester model 88 in 308. If you weren't paying attention you were paying a trip to the Dr. for stitches. Scope bite extraordinaire! A proper fitting gun for the individual shooter is very important.

Funny you say that, I have a model 88 in 308 but I'm not sure if it kicks as much as my model 70 Featherweight in 308.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:03 AM

shoot where their
going not where they been,