Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2018, 09:09 AM

Default "Gold Rush" t.v. show

Anyone see the new season episode last night?

what do you think?

to me it seems to be a lot more staged for conflicts etc.

how could Parker & Rick not know some of the things that

came up? Smells like b.s. to me. lol

Orv
Old 10-17-2018, 09:30 AM

totally agree, the show is getting more staged by the year. I'd rather watch yukon gold any day.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:41 AM

Just coincidence that Parker bought land bordering beets. That gaurentees the show conflict
Old 10-17-2018, 10:12 AM

I'm not sure every conflict is "staged" but it is definitely "edited" that way to make the show more compelling to watch.

I like the show and I could see the creative editing and built up drama component of that BUT I can also see how Tony, in real life, would be a bit rough on parker since his million dollar a year captive just up and left him to do his own thing.

Can't blame Parker for setting out on his own, but he should have known Tony was going to be the jerk he is known to be. What would make the kid so naïve after living lesson after lesson under Tony's thumb? did he expect him to change?

I think Tony is just doing whatever he can legally to disrupt Parker's season and potentially trade access to water rights for a kickback/payment of some sort.

I bet next week Parker and Tony do a deal giving Parker access to the water but a royalty or lease rate of some sort.

All Parker did was crawl out from Tony's behind and struggle free only to be caught under his armpit - both places leave you stuck under Tony in a stinky mess.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:16 AM

Its just fun to watch I think. I like the equipment, the different personalities and such..
>>
We'll see of Ness does okay and/or will Parker end up over with him, working his claim?
>>
Tony Beets, just a cool dude.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:09 AM
Banned

I like the show, not sure it’ll be the same without Todd there to act the village idiot. I could do without Parker’s incessive nasal whining tho.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORV View Post
Anyone see the new season episode last night?

what do you think?

to me it seems to be a lot more staged for conflicts etc.

how could Parker & Rick not know some of the things that

came up? Smells like b.s. to me. lol

Orv
Almost all "reality shows" smell like b.s to me. I watched a couple of them way back when but couldn't handle the outright stupidity on most of them.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:52 AM

The show hasn't changed since the first season. Some digs with a overpriced equipment from a show sponsor, something breaks ( or is disabled off camera), que overly dramatic music just before a long commercial break for added effect, return to scene where someone turns a wrench miraculously saving the day. Add some arguing, posturing and a temper tantrum resulting in a thrown hard hat before some walks off the set. Every third or fourth episode show a vehicle balanced dangerously on an edge that no qualified operator with half a brain would go near. Add the occasional role over that would result in an investigation buy government safety officials yet someone gets a backhoe and tow strap and the whole incident never happened without any repercussions. Zoom in on a jar of gold flakes then call it a season.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 10-19-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
The show hasn't changed since the first season. Some digs with a overpriced equipment from a show sponsor, something breaks ( or is disabled off camera), que overly dramatic music just before a long commercial break for added effect, return to scene where someone turns a wrench miraculously saving the day. Add some arguing, posturing and a temper tantrum resulting in a thrown hard hat before some walks off the set. Every third or fourth episode show a vehicle balanced dangerously on an edge that no qualified operator with half a brain would go near. Add the occasional role over that would result in an investigation buy government safety officials yet someone gets a backhoe and tow strap and the whole incident never happened without any repercussions. Zoom in on a jar of gold flakes then call it a season.
Sure doesn't take much to entertain people these days.

Grizz
Old 10-21-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Sure doesn't take much to entertain people these days. Grizz
Did it take more to entertain people back in the day?
Gold Rush is more entertaining than the drama series on TV. It's like a satire.

Funny they haven't shown Parker making the road to his new claim.

It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 10-21-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Did it take more to entertain people back in the day?
Gold Rush is more entertaining than the drama series on TV. It's like a satire.

Funny they haven't shown Parker making the road to his new claim.

Guy was telling me about his track hoe suddenly falling back end down. Luckily, he was able to extricate himself. Apparently, he broke into an old tunnel, not uncommon, where the Klondikers worked.

Grizz