Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 12:32 PM

Well my brother met 4thredneck and picked up my rifle. Thanks again Troy
Thanks again Paul for the knives and last but not least.
Thanks Ken for a spectacular job running this event. Thought you would of got my check by now but should be there anytime.
Looking forward to next one.
Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:37 PM

Who won the Heli hanson clothing...was it me??

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-17-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckchaser View Post
Santa found another bit of change on green wagon to $525.00

Thank you for the support & welcome to AO. Merry Christmas!!

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 12-17-2013, 01:45 PM

Shame that such a great thread was marred by a few comments,

Apparently someone lost sight of the reason we are all doing this.

This thread will be locked soon I imagine, its been a great run!
Old 12-17-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yards View Post
Shame that such a great thread was marred by a few comments,

Apparently someone lost sight of the reason we are all doing this.

This thread will be locked soon I imagine, its been a great run!
It is too bad that this thread ended this way.

Duckchaser is my father-in-law and he is one of the kindest, most gernerous people I know.

Great job Ken! Thank you for everythingyou do!!!
Old 12-17-2013, 02:00 PM

Id like to vote that the rudeness gets deleted before the thread gets locked, so it is eternally a happy and wonderful thread.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmeNoah View Post
It is too bad that this thread ended this way.

Duckchaser is my father-in-law and he is one of the kindest, most gernerous people I know.

Great job Ken! Thank you for everythingyou do!!!
Good post theycallmeNoah...i am just going to add a couple things here if you don't mind?

Yes...Ken did a great job,as well did alot of the members by way of the AO pony express..Thank you to them as well.

And most importantly...
Duckchaser don't let one single post put a sour taste in your mouth...as you can see from other posts on here...you are most welcome here for sure..focus on the positives and the negatives will soon be forgotten...again welcome to the AO family of which most are great people..

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-17-2013, 02:20 PM

did the black wagon sell?
Old 12-17-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Good post theycallmeNoah...i am just going to add a couple things here if you don't mind?

Yes...Ken did a great job,as well did alot of the members by way of the AO pony express..Thank you to them as well.
No I don't mind! You are 100% correct, I should have thanked everyone for a job well done.

Thank you everyone for a job well done and for coming together for such a great cause.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:49 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post

And most importantly...
Duckchaser don't let one single post put a sour taste in your mouth...as you can see from other posts on here...you are most welcome here for sure..focus on the positives and the negatives will soon be forgotten...again welcome to the AO family of which most are great people..
Duckchaser you win a bonus sour taste in mouth removing item I'm going to make you one of my chocolate cherry cakes as a bonus prize for joining the forum and participating in the pif thread I'm making arrangements with your family so you can all enjoy it when you come to town for Christmas Holidays

Dave
Old 12-17-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
Duckchaser you win a bonus sour taste in mouth removing item I'm going to make you one of my chocolate cherry cakes as a bonus prize for joining the forum and participating in the pif thread I'm making arrangements with your family so you can all enjoy it when you come to town for Christmas Holidays

Dave
That's Awesome...

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-17-2013, 03:33 PM

Thanks guys.

Not a single envelope in the mail again today though

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-17-2013, 03:56 PM

You shouldn't live in the middle of nowhere, big Guy. I know because as you know I know where PV is. I think the AO Pony Express would be faster than Canada Post. I can throw a letter in the Post Office at 7AM and the vehicle going south to Calgary picks it up at 2;30 PM. If the roads are bad who knows. Then it gets sorted at the hub then on to ED for further sorting. After Ed maybe Lloyd then onto you. Voila, you should get a cheque by Fri. Lets get a pool going for charity and I'm not in.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Thanks guys.

Not a single envelope in the mail again today though
That seems odd. I think my first purchase was 4 days and you had the cheque. I'm pretty sure the wife mailed the second check early last week. I'll ask the wise one when I get home.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
ANOTHER AUCTION!

Courtesy of Tussell;

This is a set of Helly Hanson size large bibs and jacket, used but in good condition.

Auction ends Saturday 9:15 pm

Here is the pic of the clothing...did i win as i will need to send Ken another cheque right away..Help?

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-17-2013, 04:25 PM

Hey Zip, from what I can see you got it! Shoot me a pm with some info and I will get it out.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:26 PM

I am sorry guys, been running non stop and only get to check the thread when I get a chance on the phone.

Getting 30-50 PM's daily asking 'did I win, how much time is left, was my thing claimed, do I still have credits left and so on' may not get answered daily, as I have to do the same as you, go back and look.

I just go back to the day the auction started, then go through and see who the top bidder is. I am hoping some of you can do this as well, if not please accept my apologies and I will update when I can.

The PIF thread is over.

The Last auction ends tonight.

Again, thank you for being patient, for giving and for playing along. Wonderful success this year, if everyone pays.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-17-2013, 04:41 PM

You Rock Ken. Thanks for your time on this and Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Old 12-17-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin455 View Post
You Rock Ken. Thanks for your time on this and Merry Christmas to you and yours!
x100!!! THANKS FOR ALL THE EFFORT & HELP KEN!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

THAT WAS A BLAST ONCE AGAIN!

ORV.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:57 PM

Default Fantastic Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post
As shown below. Too small for my fat head, probably a S or M.

Arrived today. It's awesome and fits my young red headed fellow to perfectly! Thanks again Lone wolf.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwan View Post
You shouldn't live in the middle of nowhere, big Guy. I know because as you know I know where PV is. I think the AO Pony Express would be faster than Canada Post. I can throw a letter in the Post Office at 7AM and the vehicle going south to Calgary picks it up at 2;30 PM. If the roads are bad who knows. Then it gets sorted at the hub then on to ED for further sorting. After Ed maybe Lloyd then onto you. Voila, you should get a cheque by Fri. Lets get a pool going for charity and I'm not in.
? You aren't in?

I ordered from the Reel Dr in Edmonton and it was here overnight, but that wasn't this close to Edmonton.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post

Dave
Thanks for the offer the cake sounds great, however I am diabetic and can't have any. Thanks to ALL for your support as a new member to this forum I will continue to support the organization in it's fundraising efforts in the future.
Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the offer the cake sounds great, however I am diabetic and can't have any. Thanks to ALL for your support as a new member to this forum I will continue to support the organization in it's fundraising efforts in the future.
top shelf, thumbs up!

Old 12-17-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
You can have a small piece! His cake is famous on AO
Old 12-17-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
This gentleman is one very kind CLASS ACT
We need more AO members like duckchase.
Welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 12-17-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteyrSSG View Post
Arrived today. It's awesome and fits my young red headed fellow to perfectly! Thanks again Lone wolf.
You are very welcome sir. Great to hear it fits, and very grateful that someone can get some use out of it

Duckchaser......welcome, and I hope you stick around ........ we can always use more like you !!

Last edited by lone wolf; 12-17-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
This gentleman is one very kind CLASS ACT
We need more AO members like duckchase.
Welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas.
I've been following the PIF thing with great interest this year, there were some BIG auction items!!
And to duckchaser, Howdy and Welcome to AO!
Cat
Old 12-17-2013, 10:25 PM

Default pif framed Jethro Tull shirt

Hi Ken,
Shirt was picked up yesterday (Monday) by Grizzled,and i received the scope i claimed, thanks again guys.
Tullfan
Old 12-18-2013, 04:28 AM

I had a good time partaking in the thread
Thanks Ken for all the hard work, my check should have been there Monday (said the mail girl)
I received all my PIF, and send out all most all of my stuff , just waiting on the AO express for the last of the big stuff
Old 12-18-2013, 11:31 AM

well my violin is getting delivered today thanks to a helping hand from my wonderful wife...my last cheque is being put in the mail today for the Helly Hanson clothing that i was lucky enough to be the high bid on.
This was my first year in taking part..so next year i hope to be able to snag a few more items as well as put a few more up for others to snag..anyway Thank You everyone that did their part in this Charity Fundraiser for the kids..Very Awesome of everyone!
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Closed Thread