Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 09:48 PM

Talking CALGARY CHILDRENS HOSPITAL total $9707!!!

Same as last year, today starts the third part of the thread. The Charity event will begin in a while, this first part is just for fun.
This thread will run for ~six weeks, unless it fizzles.

THE RULES! READ BEFORE YOU PARTICIPATE!

-YOU MUST GIVE BEFORE YOU TAKE. If you say "I want 'x' and ''y" is my offering I will have your reply deleted, and you will not be able to continue in the thread.

-THIS IS NOT AN AUCTION, NOTHING IS FOR SALE. Your gift is just that, a free gift for anyone that has given already. Do not treat it like an auction, you may and are encouraged to show the value of your item, but you can not say "I want .... For it".

-For every item you PIF you may take another's gift, but please keep the value of the item you TAKE roughly equal to the item you GIVE within reason. Ie, do not expect to get a riding lawnmower if you give a matchbox car.

-your items do not have to be claimed before you can take someone else's gift. Do not claim a higher number of gifts than you have given.

-After you have given your item(s) YOU are responsible for ensuring it gets to the person that claims it UNLESS you make it very obvious it has to be picked up. That said;

-PLEASE DO NOT LIST ITEMS AS 'PICK UP ONLY'. By doing this most of the time you are limiting your audience. The entire point of this thread is to have fun with Members across Canada, not across the back alley.

That said, if you have 'an item' that is difficult or maybe too expensive to ship, please make note of it in the thread and we will try alternate methods of delivery to minimize cost to the person generously giving the donation.

-when your item has been claimed, get it on the way to the person that claimed it. Do not wait for your item to get to you before you send your item out. If you feel cheated contact me, NOT THE MODERATORS, they are busy enough. There are always a few people that do not receive their gifts, let's not repeat that this year.

-if you see a PIF that you would like to claim, do so by hitting the quote button for that particular item, and say "I WOULD LIKE TO CLAIM THIS PLEASE". Do NOT claim by using pm, let's keep it in the open.

-try to put up a picture of your gift, if you need help posting pictures one of us can help.

-I will do the thread inventory, I can handle it, and it keeps confusion down.

HAVE FUN!
Please let people know in the other forums if they do not come into general, and let's make the fourth year as big a success as the last three!

GO!!!

IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE A PIF THAT YOU CLAIMED LAST YEAR LET ME KNOW, THEY WILL BE ADDED TO THE BAN LIST.
-if you feel the need for negativity please keep it to yourself. This thread is for the enjoyment of the members, not whining and complaining. Pm me if you must.

2013 BAN LIST
Fishingmom
Honda450
Lahey99
Ostroski
Forty Seven

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....

Last edited by Pixel Shooter; 11-11-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:49 PM

A few things to get us going. I am coming to Edmonton later this week, can get items that far.

Arctic cat atv windshield, new never used value $50.00. (difficult to ship, may have to get it to you via a member)

Digital satellite dish aiming tool value $40.00

Set of new 4 1/2" spot lights unused

New set of hid lights H7 pure white value $85.00

Rifle rest used once

Organizer thingy about 2.5' x 2' x 1'

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 11-10-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:13 PM

Default 4 G5 Montec Broadheads

As pictured in the link. Carried in my quiver but never shot. Not sure if I can find original packaging or not. 100G

http://www.g5outdoors.com/product_detail/25
Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 PM

Default Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle30 View Post
As pictured in the link. Carried in my quiver but never shot. Not sure if I can find original packaging or not. 100G

http://www.g5outdoors.com/product_detail/25
I actually have 5 broad heads and I forgot that I have the practice head in my bow case. I am now up to 5 heads and 1 practice head. Note, the practice head has been shot.

I think I paid $45 for each package so I will value this at $70 I guess, assuming that's ok with Ken.

Doodle
Old 11-11-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I actually have 5 broad heads and I forgot that I have the practice head in my bow case. I am now up to 5 heads and 1 practice head. Note, the practice head has been shot.

I think I paid $45 for each package so I will value this at $70 I guess, assuming that's ok with Ken.

Doodle
Absofrickenlutely!

We don't need receipts guys, just fair and reasonable.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:06 PM

I'm going through my stores tomorrow, I'll have pictures that evening

And there is a lot of good stuff, I see a lot of Christmas gifts ( yes I'm trying to shop early) and there the good kinds not the bad ones,
Old 11-11-2013, 11:45 PM

I'm posting some ammo but will split it up as a few small PIF's. Naturally having a PAL applies and being that its a PITA to ship its for local pick-up only, or meeting at a mutually convenient spot.

I have one full box of 20 plus one partial box of 16 rounds of Hornady .338 Win Mag 225 grain SP Heavy Magnum ammunition, same lot #. I'm valuing this PIF at $80:

One Box of Remington Express Power-Lokt .243 Winchester 80 grain PLHP ammunition. I'm valuing this PIF at $22:

Three boxes of Hornady .223 Rem 40 grain V-Max Moly ammunition. I'm valuing this PIF @ $55

One unused Butler Creek 25 round Hot Lips magazine for a Ruger 10/22. This one has plastic feed lips so I'm valuing it @ $20. I will ship this on my dime as its not dangerous goods like my other PIF's:

Old 11-12-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:

Doodle
Ill gladly take these I have been wanting to try Montecs out!!

PM sent!!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:26 AM

Ill add 270 WSM ammo 15 shells total
150 Grain Federal Fusion
Approx. Value $25??
Old 11-13-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:

Doodle
i would like to claim this item , do i pm doodles to claim it ??

thanks
Old 11-13-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
i would like to claim this item , do i pm doodles to claim it ??

thanks
too slow , someone has claimed before me .
Old 11-10-2013, 10:21 PM

Okay I have 3 different scopes I will put up . One is a Spy hill 4x scope , Second is a weaver K4 and Third is a Weaver Marksman 4x. All three are serviceable scopes that were on 30 cal rifles and working fine. The Spy hill scope is missing the one adjustment dial cover. I put a value of $35 on each Weaver scope. and $20 on the Spy Hill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spy Hill 4x .jpg (15.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg weaver k4.jpg (31.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg weaver 4 x.jpg (20.1 KB, 25 views)
Old 11-10-2013, 10:50 PM

Default Yay Ken!! The fun begins

Up for grabs, a pair of korker fly fishing boots. Size 10. They have the reversible bottoms for hiking grip or felt. Never used. I don't have the box though. Value is $170 (i think).

Last edited by BrownTrout; 11-18-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:28 AM

Okay..first off let me say i am sorry to say that i am now going to give away my clarinet that has not sold in the buy and sell..i have never played more than a few notes on it as i found it very hard to play after my throat surgeries...everything works good and i am sure someone can play it..I value this item at $125.00,I live just south of Peace River and if your not close i will mail it out to you..Thanks "Zip"

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-11-2013, 10:38 AM

Pif from Orv.
12 V 800 watt invertor, value $150.00

Old 11-16-2013, 01:45 PM

Default Still up for grabs everybody!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Okay..first off let me say i am sorry to say that i am now going to give away my clarinet that has not sold in the buy and sell..i have never played more than a few notes on it as i found it very hard to play after my throat surgeries...everything works good and i am sure someone can play it..I value this item at $125.00,I live just south of Peace River and if your not close i will mail it out to you..Thanks "Zip"

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-12-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
Up for grabs, a pair of korker fly fishing boots. Size 10. They have the reversible bottoms for hiking grip or felt. Never used. I don't have the box though. Value is $170 (i think).
I would like to claim this please.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Okay I have 3 different scopes I will put up . One is a Spy hill 4x scope , Second is a weaver K4 and Third is a Weaver Marksman 4x. All three are serviceable scopes that were on 30 cal rifles and working fine. The Spy hill scope is missing the one adjustment dial cover. I put a value of $35 on each Weaver scope. and $20 on the Spy Hill.
bump
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weaver k4.jpg (31.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg weaver 4 x.jpg (20.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Spy Hill 4x .jpg (15.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-28-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I would like to claim the Weaver K4 if it's still available.

Thanks
Old 11-28-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohlic View Post
I would like to claim the Weaver K4 if it's still available.

Thanks
It's all yours
Old 11-28-2013, 12:54 PM

Default Para cord rifle sling

[IMG]C:\Users\Norene\Pictures\2013-11-28 Rifle sling[/IMG]Custom made sling, can be used as standard 2 point sling or 1 point tactical
your choice of color valued at $50.00
PG

sorry trying to get pictures
Old 11-17-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
A few things to get us going. I am coming to Edmonton later this week, can get items that far.

Arctic cat atv windshield, new never used value $50.00. (difficult to ship, may have to get it to you via a member)

Digital satellite dish aiming tool value $40.00

Set of new 4 1/2" spot lights unused

New set of hid lights H7 pure white value $85.00

Rifle rest used once

Organizer thingy about 2.5' x 2' x 1'
I would like to claim the rifle rest please
Old 11-17-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
You got it!

Old 11-23-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
I'd like to claim the driving lights please ken.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 11-23-2013, 06:22 PM

I'll put up a small oil heater, b/n in package. Will get specs tonight. $30.00
Let's dig through our garages and basements, and keep this going!
Old 12-07-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmitty27 View Post
I'll put up a small oil heater, b/n in package. Will get specs tonight. $30.00
Let's dig through our garages and basements, and keep this going!

Sitting here reflecting on the current state of the whole global warming thingy and I came to the conclusion that there may still be a few days in my future where some extra heat may be required . I would like to claim this heater if it is still on the block
Old 11-23-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
I'd like to claim the driving lights please ken.

Andy
They are yours Andy! Is it ok if I just bring them to Edmonton with me in the next week or so?

Old 11-23-2013, 07:18 PM

Yeah no rush Ken.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 11-15-2013, 08:15 AM

One pair of tire chains. I've used them a few times to get me out of things I shouldn't have been in but no longer have the vehicle and don't expect to need these again.

ARG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chains-2.jpg (38.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg chains-1.jpg (54.5 KB, 46 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:31 AM

I have 2 submissions for this thread.

First, a Wielder Bench Press, with a loadable bench press (with 60lbs of dumbbells). Perfect for someone starting some home workouts.

Second, a set of ram golf clubs. Pitching wedge to 4 iron, 3 hybrid, 3,5 wood and a driver. Just missing the putter… comes with a bag that is in good shape.

In Calgary, would prefer local pick-up as I'm a poor student and they're bigger awkward items to ship.

Brett
Closed Thread