Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-20-2011, 11:24 PM

Default pine coulee, conditions????

headed out for the first time this year so far, leaving in the am. but i have never fished there before, so i have no clue on places to go or what to use?any and all help would be appreciated.

should I be ok if i took the car or should i be calling the friends that i know that own snowmobiles and quads?

and i heard there is burbot there, should be a good time, ill post some pics on what we get. thanks guys.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
headed out for the first time this year so far, leaving in the am. but i have never fished there before, so i have no clue on places to go or what to use?any and all help would be appreciated.

should I be ok if i took the car or should i be calling the friends that i know that own snowmobiles and quads?

and i heard there is burbot there, should be a good time, ill post some pics on what we get. thanks guys.
check the Mac thread.....im not sure what a mazda 3 is
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=83528
Old 02-20-2011, 11:32 PM

hahaha thanks chub, a mazda 3 is about the same size as a jetta, now that that question is answered, have you fished there before? lookin for what to use and where to go. althought i dont need directions to you fav secret spot, but some general knowledge would be good, all i know is there is pike burbs and wallys in there, but can you use smelts?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
hahaha thanks chub, a mazda 3 is about the same size as a jetta, now that that question is answered, have you fished there before? lookin for what to use and where to go. althought i dont need directions to you fav secret spot, but some general knowledge would be good, all i know is there is pike burbs and wallys in there, but can you use smelts?
Sorry dude. closest ive been is the sign to pcr on the highway..lol
try a search...theres alot of threads on pcr
im pretty sure you can use smelts
Old 02-21-2011, 06:30 AM

there where cars on the ice about a week ago when I was there.. I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem...
Old 02-21-2011, 07:20 AM

fish just out from the boat launch you will see about a thousand old holes. if you go early bring a book, you wont get a bite til dark most likely. Use 1/2 ounce glow jigs with a piece of smelt or minnow.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-21-2011, 07:29 PM

has anyone ever thought of fishing any where else on that lake?
Old 02-21-2011, 07:58 PM

Ya Darter I have fished else where in the summer in the little tinner boat and had some really good days.

The only reason I go there these days is to try and break slumps in my fishing game. I also don't mind heading there if I have someone new to fishing to try and get them into a bunch of fish.

I have never tried anywhere else on the lake in the winter because I am lazy and don't want to walk to far away and try to find my way back in the dark. If I had a quad or snowmobile then yes I would go roam around and find other spots to fish.

A couple summers ago me and a buddy maxed out a golf counter catching walleyes. We were so bored after only a couple hours that we left. We caught them on everything and anything you could chuck in the water.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:15 PM

Yeah lots of threads on PCR. Was just there on Sunday and left a note at the McGregor thread as Chub pointed out.

Totally agree with Wayne's post. Its mid-winter...fish are quite dormant til first or last light. Jigs and smelts...deepest parts of the lake.

We actually caught 2 burbs...one around 2pm the other at last light. We were by the launch.

The bridge area is very popular as well at PCR...but be very careful when you approach the bridge area it might be open water.

Another word of caution: check the weather before you head out. The wind could pick up at any moment and actually went up to 100km/h a few times recently.