Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-19-2011, 11:57 PM

Default Gull Lake?

I was just wondering if anyone knows how the driving conditions are by wilsons beach. I know brownlows is ok but it was a little tough going past there to the bay and point to the north so I'm just wondering how the path is on the other side of the lake. Thanks for any info.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbotman14 View Post
I was just wondering if anyone knows how the driving conditions are by wilsons beach. I know brownlows is ok but it was a little tough going past there to the bay and point to the north so I'm just wondering how the path is on the other side of the lake. Thanks for any info.
Was there today and there's a good track that has been plowed. It's easy to get on the ice but you really can't venture off the track as it can get deep fast. With the wicked wind today, the main track got drifted in pretty good the further you get from the launch so you have to have a decent 4x4. We didn't see what it was like going south from Wilson's as we headed north.

Definitely a place for snowmobiles.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM

well the trail to the south is good now i showed up mon am at 730 shouldve chained up but didnt till i got stuck, eventually got moving again, spent the next 2 hrs helping people get turned around pointed north, the trail did get broken in enough by the end of the day that a good 4x4 will make it as far south as you need to go had pretty decent luck. ice was 26 inches or so