Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-23-2016, 02:27 PM

Freezer is empty and I did not get drawn for moose this year.
Anyone in the Edmonton area that got drawn and needs a partner for moose give me a shout.
What I can bring along to the table is an ATV , tub trailer , truck , walk in cooler, heated shop to butcher in plus meat grinder and of course many years of moose hunting experience .Give me a shout and lets set up an Oct hunt.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:38 PM

Default Newbie to the West from out East

I just moved to High Prairie (WMU 523) and am looking for someone who wouldn't mind a hunter tagging along to learn the ropes of elk hunting.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:42 PM

Default Waterfowl mentors

Looking for a group of guys that would let me tag along and learn the ropes. I tried a couple times last year at a couple DU spots no luck, this month tried to ask for permission at a few spots also no luck. willing to put in work with others to scout, set up decoys. I do have my own gear. I live in edmonton, willing to travel.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:16 PM

Looking for a puddle hopping partner. I don't have a great deal of waterfowl experience nor do I expect that from you. just looking to enjoy a nice fall day with a possibility of a few ducks or geese.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:42 PM

Hello!
I am a 21 year old who just recently moved to the Edmonton and am looking for a hunting partner within the area. I have mainly hunted Whitetail and have been hunting since i have been 15. I also love waterfowl and love to learn and get new experience hunting as i am very passionate about it. I am originally from the Whitecourt area and would love to hunt or even go poke some paper with anyone in area!
Old 09-28-2016, 05:48 PM

Default Calgary family man

Hello to all the Family men out there who hunt around the Calgary area. I am a family man myself looking to see if there's any other guys on here who would like to get together and do some hunting this year. I have been hunting since I was a kid and love getting out in the bush or field.
I have a few good hunting partners but most work shift work up north and are busy a lot when they are back home so there's limited time out. I can appreciate the fact that having a family restricts a lot of time and limits most hunts to day trips which is mostly what I do. I have some access for duck goose hunts and know a few areas for big game but I'm not about to just through them out there.
I am currently working on a website/blog about just getting out there and hunting, respecting the environment and the like. I am very safe and respectful towards others and expect nothing but the same in return. I would like to hunt with people who don't smoke, don't do drugs , party crazy and not commit the next day ( I've been burnt before when helping Newbies).
Looking for hunters with similar priorities and expectations and hopefully create a relationship that can allow for possibly even camping and/or fishing with the Families etc. I work Mon-Fri so weekends usually work the best for me. Oh and I'm 34 and like long walks on the field. Have truck and all my own gear of course. Let me know and we can meet up for a coffee- we can take it from there

HunterFisher
GooseBusters
Old 09-28-2016, 05:56 PM

Default Hunting Partner in Grande Prairie

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to hunting. But have been shooting my whole life, army and shooting with buddies. Now I'm looking to get into hunting. I have my tags for muley, black bear, elk, and white tail. As the recent grizzly attacks, I think I should go out with a partner. I'm normally a do it alone type of guy. I dont know anyone to hunt with really. But, I'm a down to earth guy who likes his beer and whiskey. please shoot me a txt or a phone call if you need a partner. Thanks, cheers.

-Chad
780-814-2540
Old 09-28-2016, 06:28 PM

Default Rookie bow hunter.

I was looking for a hunting partner I have two quarters of land I can hunt. I'm still learning. Hope you can offer some knowledge. Thanks Jeff
Old 10-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Banned

Yeah any day now, geared up and ready to go within 3-4 hr drive of Calgary, I want to hunt geese/waterfowl but I don't mind hiking as long as it takes, will drive, will help haul anything out, just already have permission is all that I ask cuz I ain't knocking on doors. No drugs, no drinking, non smoker no vaping. Any smokers/vapers are not welcome in my truck, neither is alcohol. Other than being new at this and already frustrated with some aspects of it I'm a rather normal and boring guy, very safety oriented person and respectful of the land I'm on.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:30 AM

Default Looking for a hunting partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticKnight View Post
I am a 52 year old Canadian Forces Veteran who is looking to team up with hunting partner/partners for the general Whitetail and Elk rifle season. I am semi retired and can hunt anytime within the rifle season. I would prefer to hunt as close to Edmonton as possible(within a few hours drive radius) unless you have a camp available. I have all my own gear; 4X4; 3 decades of safe firearms handling, and 15+ years safe and successful hunting experience. I am able to help out with most tasks; although, due to back injuries during Military service, I am limited to the extent of heavy labour using the back. I am certainly capable of carrying a rucksack of gear, hiking, chopping wood, field dressing, etc., although, will need to team up for tasks such as dragging game out of the bush. If you have room for an extra hand; are responsible and safe hunter/s; and have access to good hunting land, please fire off a message to me. Cheers.
Hi my name is Rodney and I am also looking for a hunting partner.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:42 PM

Default Looking for a partner

I am new to hunting since 2012 or so. I am a non partier and am looking for the same. I will be hunting in area 509 starting in November. It is in the Athabaska area. If I could find someone with experience that would be good or someone that is learning as well but not totally new to hunting. Thanks
Rodney
Old 10-03-2016, 08:47 PM

I'm hunting 511/542 Oct 6-11.
I have a friend coming out Oct 7-9.
If anyone wants to join, shoot me a PM.
No draws for the area, just enjoy being up there.
No quad, mostly truck then foot kinda guy.
Love stories by the fire with a whiskey or 2 in the evening.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:18 PM

28 yr old current serving member, Planning to head out for whitetail this weekend but my usual spots are really overcrowded. In Edmonton willing to travel 3-4 hours if anyone wants to team up or add an extra to the group.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:52 PM

Live in Calgary and usually aim to get out on weekends. Looking to hunt anywhere within 3 hours of Calgary whether it is deer elk or water fowl. I have a truck and some experience but looking to get out with a few more seasoned hunters this year to learn the craft a bit better and have some laughs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2016, 02:06 AM

Default Hunting partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw12 View Post
Hey guys im a 30 year old family man that has recently moved to Edmonton and am looking for a hunting partner this comming season. I enjoy all types of hunting have done lots of waterfowl hunting but am looking at doing more big game hunting this year. I also enjoy archery. If anyone wants to meet up chat or even go shooting sometimes send me a pm.
Message me if you like. I'll be hunting in November
Rodney
Old 10-04-2016, 02:53 AM

Default Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw12 View Post
Hey guys im a 30 year old family man that has recently moved to Edmonton and am looking for a hunting partner this comming season. I enjoy all types of hunting have done lots of waterfowl hunting but am looking at doing more big game hunting this year. I also enjoy archery. If anyone wants to meet up chat or even go shooting sometimes send me a pm.
Hey message me if you are still looking for a partner
Old 10-05-2016, 08:03 PM

Default Sheep hunting partner

My regular sheep hunting partner got injured, so I'm looking for someone else to tag along with. We were planning on heading out on Tuesday the 11th, I'm still planning on going for 7 or 8 days, if anyone is interested. Thanks
Old 10-06-2016, 10:21 AM

Default Looking for a hunting partner

My name is Jeff I'm looking for someone to hunt with. I have two quarters with permission big whitetail deer. I hunt with bow. I have taken all my courses and I'm very safety orientated. I have taken my pal but haven't received it yet so I can't buy a gun but I can hunt with rifle as long and that person has one. I would like to hunt elk but I don't know where to find them. If interested please pm me.

Thanks jeff
Old 10-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Banned

Default Looking for Hunting Partner

Hi. My name is Kevin and I'm 44 years old.
I live in Lloydminster on the SK side, but I can buy tags for hunting in AB. I just moved to Lloydminster just over 1 year ago, but spent 8 years hunting the Wandering River to Fort McMurray area and would love to go back there again hunting. Deer, bear and birds is what I can get tags for.

I can also just buy a general tag for Moose here on the SK side and maybe we can do that and split the meat if we get a moose over here.

PM me if you are interested.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:26 AM

Default klondiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by klondiker View Post
My regular sheep hunting partner got injured, so I'm looking for someone else to tag along with. We were planning on heading out on Tuesday the 11th, I'm still planning on going for 7 or 8 days, if anyone is interested. Thanks
send me a pm, we talked alot about sheep hunting last fall and were supposed to hook up however in the mean time i got laid off so i gave back my phone and we lost touch.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Freezer is empty and I did not get drawn for moose this year.
Anyone in the Edmonton area that got drawn and needs a partner for moose give me a shout.
What I can bring along to the table is an ATV , tub trailer , truck , walk in cooler, heated shop to butcher in plus meat grinder and of course many years of moose hunting experience .Give me a shout and lets set up an Oct hunt.
I live in Lloydminster on the SK side. I can just buy a moose tag for north of Lloydminster on the SK side.....just nobody to go with.
Old 10-07-2016, 04:35 PM

Default Upland hunting

Thought id see if anyones looking for a hunting partner im outside of canmore. gone to hopewell twice would like to go for grouse. Have gun will travel. Havent gotte anything yet so id love to go out and learn how its fone.
Old 10-09-2016, 06:34 PM

Hi,

Thank you for having this post.

I live in Washington state, and I'm a lifelong hunter. I'm an engineer by profession. Please don't hold that against me. http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/images/smilies/smile.gif

I want to start hunting up north every year in AB if you don't mind.

In AB I'd like to hunt moose, elk, and deer in addition to all that flies if time permits during a big game hunt. If bison and caribou hunts ever are available to me, I'd jump on that.

If anyone would like to chat about hunting together, I'd be happy to talk.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:45 AM

Default Elk

My wife and I are hoping to join someone this weekend for general elk, anywhere within 4 or 5 hours of Edmonton. I have a spot 2 hours from Edmonton but there hasn't been any sign or activity this year. Not looking to steal any spots, just make friends and find the game! We are both professional Biologists.

Thanks,
Old 10-14-2016, 09:46 AM
Banned

Trying to hunt waterfowl or grouse, been out twice on my own no idea what I'm doing no clue how to figure out where they're gonna land, don't know anyone that hunts need some help big time this is frustrating. Been shooting for a while really safe about it no drugs no booze but the shooting and hiking are the easy parts for me just really need help knowing where to look and what to look for.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:05 PM

Hi everyone, My name is Adam and this is my first time posting on the outdoorsmen forum. I am from Calgary and have been hunting most of my life around southern Alberta. I have mostly rifle hunted big game in the past and am looking for some new hunting partners and land permission. I have all my own gear and truck and am willing to travel to hunt. I have also been really taking an interest in bow hunting but have not had a chance to try it yet. I have Hunted lots in and around 312 but I am looking to try some new areas. I mostly hunt for deer and elk. If anyone is looking for a new hunting partner in the area please let me know.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:23 AM

Default Ducking hunting

I am look for someone to go ducking hunting
I have all my own gear and gas money

Looking for around the calgary area
Send me a private message

Thanks
Paul
Old 10-16-2016, 05:59 PM

Default Whitetail Deer

Hey guys, hope your hunting season is going well.

I live in Leduc and I'm looking for a hunting buddy. Would love to hunt some WTD in November with a bow. I have all the gear required, bow, gps, trail camera, quad, a climbing tree stand, etc. Basically just looking for someone to hunt with, whether it be crown land or if you have permission to hunt farmland that works too. Would like to do some scouting to find a spot for November.
Basically just looking for a new hunting partner as most of my friends don't hunt and my old partner moved away. Willing to travel a couple hours. I work Monday thru Friday so good to go every weekend. Also if things go well maybe we can plan a week long hunt for moose or elk next fall.
If you're interested in having a chat about it or meeting for a coffee PM me.

Thanks and good luck out there.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:20 PM

Default 414 antlered moose

I've drawn my tag for 414 moose this year and am looking for someone with experience in that zone to tag along this weekend hunting. I have a 4x4 truck but sold my quad so if you have one that could be an asset. Must be a respectful and ethical hunter.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:35 PM

Default Waterfowl hunting to start

Hi. My name's Vince, 44yr old. Ex cop/security/mechanic from South Africa. Lived in Canada 14 years. No tags yet but enjoy being out getting a grouse or 2, a few ducks and next is rabbits.
Been introduced to a pond for some good duck hunting if anyone is interested to go on a Monday or Wednesday morning for a few hours. It's about 35min from downtown Calgary, Once there a 25minute walk and 3 minute walk through ankle deep marsh to the blind.

Enjoy walking the hills and bush as well to find rabbits or other fowl.
Also help a farmer in the Spring and Summer months rid his land of gophers, great for target practice.
Summer time it's all about fishing and camping.

In saying all that, I'm up for some waterfowl, grouse, rabbit hunting with a partner. Could learn a few new spots as well, share stories and have some fun.
403 401 1078

Last edited by Aqr8; 10-18-2016 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Better wording