Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 08:51 AM

Default What is Islamophobia to you

Seen on news last night Alberta Muslim girls speaking about it in Parlament.
Couldn't really get what is all that about
So, what is Islamophobia ?
Been scared of been blown up, raped, beheded, tortured or it is all Fale News?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:01 AM

The latest liberal buzz word that means some Canadians have more rights than other Canadians.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:07 AM
Banned

Part of the "ist" family of words used by fasc"ist" liberals to attempt to silence meaningful debate.

Last edited by rugatika; 03-09-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:11 AM

20% of the population makes 75% of the daily news
Old 03-09-2017, 09:11 AM

pho·bi·a
ˈfōbēə/
noun
noun: phobia; plural noun: phobias
an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.
"he had a phobia about being under water"
synonyms:
fear, irrational fear, obsessive fear, dread, horror, terror, hatred, loathing, detestation, aversion, antipathy, revulsion;

Having phobias is natural...............I have many of them
Old 03-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Banned

Smile

At one time I had a fear of black cats, I got over it.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:16 AM
Banned

If the US, UK, and Europe - the entire west - decided to send drones into Canada, bomb targets that they deem terrorist threats. Innocent civilians, women and children die in the process. What would the result be?

There are generations of kids that have grown up - never knowing what peace is. Much of that is caused directly or indirectly by what we deem "the good guys". Put yourself in the middle of a war zone (I don't think you could personally), raise your children in it. Would you be upset, want revenge? I think you would.

This war on terror, call it whatever you want, is a holy war started by George Bush Junior. Islamaphobia? I'd be more scared of Christian ideals personally.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:20 AM
Banned

Default Very Good Question

It's a diversion. I have some really great Muslim friends.

But they warn me about fundamentalists. They are concerned as well.

Just read up on this article that explains the root cause of the fear and see at the end of the article how you feel. Everyone will have a different view but this article helps understand your question.

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/a...d-global-jihad
Old 03-09-2017, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
If the US, UK, and Europe - the entire west - decided to send drones into Canada, bomb targets that they deem terrorist threats. Innocent civilians, women and children die in the process. What would the result be?

There are generations of kids that have grown up - never knowing what peace is. Much of that is caused directly or indirectly by what we deem "the good guys". Put yourself in the middle of a war zone (I don't think you could personally), raise your children in it. Would you be upset, want revenge? I think you would.

This war on terror, call it whatever you want, is a holy war started by George Bush Junior. Islamaphobia? I'd be more scared of Christian ideals personally.

Yes. I would want revenge on the dictator that had been shooting his mouth off about killing leaders of other countries and gassing his citizens. And the Iraqi's got it. They hung him I believe.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:

What Christian ideals would you be scared of?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:26 AM

Def: dislike of or prejudice against Islam or Muslims

Basically, if you aren't a racist a-hole, it is nothing you need to worry about. If, on the other hand, you are then you may want to learn what the word means.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
How many God fearing christians on here are screaming to nuke the middle east? Wipe them off the face of the earth? Is that a christian ideal?

If you're Christian, you believe in a God. Muslims believe in a god. The ideals probably don't coincide. And Christian history isn't pretty, steeped in blood, war and it's still going on today.

Do you really believe that the war on terror has nothing to do with religion?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Yes. I would want revenge on the dictator that had been shooting his mouth off about killing leaders of other countries and gassing his citizens. And the Iraqi's got it. They hung him I believe.
Do some historical research on the Ba'ath party. Yeah, Hussein deserved what he got, but where did he come from and how did he assume power?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
pho·bi·a
ˈfōbēə/
noun
noun: phobia; plural noun: phobias
an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.
"he had a phobia about being under water"
synonyms:
fear, irrational fear, obsessive fear, dread, horror, terror, hatred, loathing, detestation, aversion, antipathy, revulsion;

Having phobias is natural...............I have many of them
WHEW!!.......glad I seen this definition......

So whats it called when your fear is RATIONAL?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
Oh you don't know? The entire NT theme is based on "love your neighbour as yourself". Now THATS scary! Or maybe "bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse", or maybe even "above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins"........ Those crazy Christian ideals... Keep them far away!

Islamaphobia is just another leftist ad hominem buzzword, much akin to "fascist/white privilege/bigot/etc." designed to silence someone (usually someone capable of using logic and objectively critiquing another worldview) with different beliefs or convictions.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:

So your saying because these people hate me, my religion , my free speech , and my life style I must be forced to be the tolerant one.. got it
Old 03-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Banned

First...though I do not in any way agree with what radical Islam is all about...so few here have an actual grasp of what's got us here.
"is a holy war started by George Bush Junior"...give me a break. Why do so many people think that if it didn't happen in their lifetime it never happened.
George Bush Jr is just one in a long line of the west's (including France and England's) handling of the mid-East.
How about all the promises we made to Arabia and others in WWI if they helped us defeat the Turks...promises we never kept. Instead of (as we promised) helping the Muslim states self govern themselves, we set up borders that benefited France, England and the US.
How about how we promised to help these countries and then stood idly by when the Turks slaughtered millions of Armenians in what was in actuality the first 'holocaust'.
How about after WWII we rewarded the Jews with Israel...and be damned with all the Muslims that had lived in the area for a thousand years.
How about France in Algeria.
How about...I could go on and on.
Again...in no way do I condone what is happening now...but I can sure as heck see why it is.
The old...you reap what you sow is very applicable to our current situation.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
The latest liberal buzz word that means some Canadians have more rights than other Canadians.
X2 and votes
Old 03-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by super7mag View Post
So your saying because these people hate me, my religion , my free speech , and my life style I must be forced to be the tolerant one.. got it
Why do you think they hate Christians? Christian nations bombing them? The US is predominantly Christian. Do you like Islam - or do you hate it? Do you fear it? Why?

Nobody is forcing you to be tolerant, they can pass laws all they want, you don't have to follow them.

If religion would disappear, this world would be a far better place to live in.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Gone Hunting

A crock of horse manure, used to justify the Human Rights Commission's kangaroo court!!!!! It is a new word that keeps the "progressive" busybodies have seized on to over accomodate a particular religious sect that they now sympathize with to throw more of our tax money at. My muslim acquaintances find the word to be a joke!!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
First...though I do not in any way agree with what radical Islam is all about...so few here have an actual grasp of what's got us here.
"is a holy war started by George Bush Junior"...give me a break. Why do so many people think that if it didn't happen in their lifetime it never happened.
George Bush Jr is just one in a long line of the west's (including France and England's) handling of the mid-East.
How about all the promises we made to Arabia and others in WWI if they helped us defeat the Turks...promises we never kept. Instead of (as we promised) helping the Muslim states self govern themselves, we set up borders that benefited France, England and the US.
How about how we promised to help these countries and then stood idly by when the Turks slaughtered millions of Armenians in what was in actuality the first 'holocaust'.
How about after WWII we rewarded the Jews with Israel...and be damned with all the Muslims that had lived in the area for a thousand years.
How about France in Algeria.
How about...I could go on and on.
Again...in no way do I condone what is happening now...but I can sure as heck see why it is.
The old...you reap what you sow is very applicable to our current situation.
All wars have basically holy wars, war on terror is just another crusade.

Just hope Trump starts pulling back.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:58 AM
Banned

Islamaphobia is being uncomfortable with someone forcing their fanatic religious beliefs in my face, and telling me I have be good with that,,,,OR ELSE !
Old 03-09-2017, 10:01 AM

I believe this term has been created because of people's concerns or fears of the unknown. There seems to b a fine line between acceptance, tolerance and people's values being threatened.

Elkster
Old 03-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkdump View Post
Islamaphobia is being uncomfortable with someone forcing their fanatic religious beliefs in my face, and telling me I have be good with that,,,,OR ELSE !
arachnophobia is fear of spiders.
Claustrophobia is fear of small or confined spaces
Acrophobia is a fear of heights

so... Islamaphobia?

Fear of a specific religion.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Banned

Islamophobia = the good ole' boys. The flea market on Sunday. The wrong kind of Conservative.

I'm totally new to this, haven't even hunted yet and with how unwelcoming some hunters are I could only imagine what a refugee or immigrant is feeling if they wanted to partake in this great Canadian activity.

Unless I'm surrounded by AK toting masked nutjobs, I do not fear Islam one bit.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
arachnophobia is fear of spiders.
Claustrophobia is fear of small or confined spaces
Acrophobia is a fear of heights

so... Islamaphobia?

Fear of a specific religion.
Fanatical religious beliefs do not weigh any respect from me, never will,

No matter, fanatical Catholic, Jew, Muslim , Harikrishna ,or moon worshippers ,

DO NOT SHOVE THEIR PERSONAL CRAPP IN MY FACE , and I won't tell Em fo
Old 03-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkdump View Post
You a bible banger? You believe in a magically appearing man and woman and talking snake and a magical apple?

Cuz if you do, don't force that garbage on me. Makes me uncomfortable.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
How many God fearing christians on here are screaming to nuke the middle east? Wipe them off the face of the earth?
Not sure I've ever read that on here.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot1 View Post
You a bible banger? You believe in a magically appearing man and woman and talking snake and a magical apple?

Cuz if you do, don't force that garbage on me. Makes me uncomfortable.
If you have to ask, pretty sure he's not forcing it on you.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Not sure I've ever read that on here.
Read on McDuff, lots of it on here.

Religious fanaticism? How about brainwashing kids from a very young age to believe that there is only one God, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me". Or that the world is only 5000 years old and we all came from the genetics of one man and one woman.

That's how I was raised. At some point, I started thinking for myself. Christians are fanatical. Look at the KKK, recent history. And there are plenty of Christian fanatic groups around the world today.

I don't fear religion. There is good and bad in every culture, race, creed etc - including whites.
Closed Thread