Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Banned

Default Surge in fake hate crimes.

These people across Canada and the US are faking hate crimes and using up valuable Court and police time...all at taxpayers expense, in a sick attempt at scoring political points. Hopefully the courts will take this seriously before it gets too far out of control. (and many will argue that it already has)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle34243927/
Quote:
A bail hearing for the suspect in an alleged bomb threat against Muslim students at Concordia University began Wednesday and was struck by a publication ban requested by his lawyer.

Hisham Saadi, 47, faces three charges stemming from the March 1 incident: mischief, uttering threats and inciting fear of a terrorist-related attack.

Three university buildings in the downtown area were evacuated for several hours after Concordia received what it called bomb threats targeting Muslim students.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/..._guilty_1.html
Quote:
A 21-year-old Ann Arbor woman pleaded guilty as charged to one count of false report of a misdemeanor in 15th District Court on Monday, March 6.

Halley Bass admitted in court that she fabricated a story about a strange man scratching her face in downtown Ann Arbor on Nov. 15.

"I was suffering from depression at the time," Bass told Judge Elizabeth Pollard Hines. "I made a superficial scratch on my face. It was visible and I was embarrassed about what I'd done. So I made up a story and told a friend that a stranger had done it while I was walking. I was encouraged to report it to the police. I made the mistake of doing that."

At the time, Bass claimed her attack was part of the surge in hate crimes following the election of Donald Trump a week earlier. She told police she was targeted for wearing a solidarity pin connected to Great Britain's "Brexit" vote.

Bass admitted to scratching her own face with the pin after becoming upset during a Woman's Literature class at the University of Michigan, according to the Ann Arbor Police Department report.

The list of these fake reports goes on at some length:
http://www.fakehatecrimes.org
Old 03-08-2017, 10:23 PM

Must be "Fake News"!
Old 03-08-2017, 10:31 PM

See how well it played out for the science project kid lol.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:27 AM

When they can be blamed on Trump these incidents are front page news, when it comes out that they were faked, you can read all about it on page 32.