Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2017, 01:03 PM

He's fiscally conservative socially liberal. That's what will win the election. And stop comparing him to Trump. Their policies are not at all alike. Wow they have no political experience and came from TV. So??? That's the argument a 16 year old girl would make. Olearys is pro immigration, not protectionist, and others.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_forget View Post
Why are you lying. He's at the top of the polls vs other candidates.
Well if that's the case and O'Leary wins the leadership, I'd have to agree with Mac that the cons will be dwelling with the swamp creatures for a long time during a lib dynasty.

I highly doubt he will win due to his lack of organization and political experience - as well as his lack of engagement with party leadership debates and functions.

He's all show and ego with precious little substance. Unfortunately for the party, with so many candidates running - there's really precious little to choose from in terms of leadership.

If that's what the lowest common denominator wants - so be it.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:30 PM
Banned

The leadership vote shouldn't be a popularity contest, it should be a vote for the individual who has the best chance of beating Justin. After all, that is the ultimate goal. I will be voting with that in mind and I will vote accordingly. O'Leary is not the best candidate to do it. What French speaking Quebecer is going to vote for someone that doesn't have a firm grasp of their language? He's also an easy target to discredit as "Trump North", for example.

Kelly Lietch is another candidate that has no hope of beating Justin. Just look at the negative press that both her and O'Leary have generated. They are both soft targets to discredit.

I want someone elected who can beat Justin.....PERIOD!
Old 03-02-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post
Well if that's the case and O'Leary wins the leadership, I'd have to agree with Mac that the cons will be dwelling with the swamp creatures for a long time during a lib dynasty.

I highly doubt he will win due to his lack of organization and political experience - as well as his lack of engagement with party leadership debates and functions.

He's all show and ego with precious little substance. Unfortunately for the party, with so many candidates running - there's really precious little to choose from in terms of leadership.

If that's what the lowest common denominator wants - so be it.
How can you claim he has no substance. Lol. Have you never watched a debate or seen him on the news???
Old 03-02-2017, 01:39 PM

3 months till the conservative leader is chosen. General election is in October 2019. He will learn French. It's not an impossible language to learn ! Of course quebecers want a bilingual PM. Good thing the election isn't tomorow.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Why can't we follow one of our Canadian adages that (used to) set us apart from our southern neighbours; "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" ?
I do not think that is a Canadian adage. We have the reputation of being polite and often not saying poop even if we have a mouthful of it.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why are you lying. He's at the top of the polls vs other candidates.
I see that now. Last poll I saw placed Bernier at the top.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Can we be assured the Canadian Left is not having to swallow hard to keep it down?
It is a real concern, how revolting will they be if the Conservatives win the next election?
I think they will be about as revolting as the cons were when the libs won.
At the end of an election one party will have to puke in their mouth a bit and hold it down.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:20 PM

I thought the cons took their defeat well. Nothing like the American gems!
Old 03-02-2017, 11:59 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
And there lies the problem.

Political parties will choose any amoral clown to be a leader if the unethical and amoral clowns who choose that leader - deem that person to be electable.

No wonder politics attracts these loathsome creatures from the swamp.
Nope swamp people are more intelegent just move a little slow and talk funny politicians seem to come from the urban areas, concrete jungles, fancy coffees etcsmell like flowers, wash twice a day, pluck eye brows, groom often, don't have a pocket knife.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-03-2017, 05:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
I see that now. Last poll I saw placed Bernier at the top.
Now isn`t he the one that left secret documents at his girlfriends apartment? The girl with romantic ties to the Hells Angels?
Yeah for sure vote for him.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
Now isn`t he the one that left secret documents at his girlfriends apartment? The girl with romantic ties to the Hells Angels?
Yeah for sure vote for him.
Yes that is him.

If I were to vote with my conscience I would vote Andrew Scheer or Kellie Leitch. But in this day and age one needs to vote strategically. Bernier is the only one who will defeat Trudeau. O'Leary will not.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:52 AM

O'Leary has such a nice sneer how could anyone resist voting for him? I suspect it's a reflection of his inner character.

And then there is the issue of him living in Boston for years. Didn't the Liberals try to fly in a candidate like that too? Someone that won't live in our country that thinks they can waltz back and do us all the favour of being our political leader.

If you want more of Trudeau then by all means put in O'Leary, it's the smart thing to do.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:29 AM
Banned

Oh , believe me, I think O'Leary is an arrogant P.O.S. who has never had a good old fashioned punch in the mouth.Actually there is not one candidate that I like. But if a Trump can get to be POTUS then anything can happen.I can hardly stand to watch the news anymore. I think I picked a bad decade to give up acid. Or maybe this is just a bad flashback?
Old 03-03-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Oh , believe me, I think O'Leary is an arrogant P.O.S. who has never had a good old fashioned punch in the mouth.Actually there is not one candidate that I like. But if a Trump can get to be POTUS then anything can happen.I can hardly stand to watch the news anymore. I think I picked a bad decade to give up acid. Or maybe this is just a bad flashback?
That's funny.

Not to worry - LSD and psilocybin are on the verge of making a huge comeback.

Researchers have now found very mild doses will cure depressed patients in 30 seconds. These patients would normally have to take pharmaceutical antidepressants for months in order to get the same desired results.

Wait till the anti-big-pharma Millennials get going on acid - you'll have lots of new bright young minds to share ideas and flashbacks with!

Your new decade is about to unfold. O'Leary will scurrying like a rat to invest his money in Pfiezer - or is it Sandoz?.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/resea...nds-using-lsd/
Old 03-03-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
He's fiscally conservative socially liberal. That's what will win the election. And stop comparing him to Trump. Their policies are not at all alike. Wow they have no political experience and came from TV. So??? That's the argument a 16 year old girl would make. Olearys is pro immigration, not protectionist, and others.
Not much of a difference between him and the libs then, especially if he's donating to their campaigns in 2004 and even entertaining the idea of running for liberal leadership as of a year ago...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/kevi...ship-1.3467710

So far you have made the case for the left-wingers to vote for O'Leary, now why should we?
Old 03-03-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdave View Post
how would o'leary do in a french debate with justin if he can't even speak french? ***getaboutit!

Maxime bernier is the best bet to oust justin and he will get my #1 vote.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I can hardly stand to watch the news anymore. I think I picked a bad decade to give up acid. Or maybe this is just a bad flashback?
Quote:
Wait till the anti-big-pharma Millennials get going on acid - you'll have lots of new bright young minds to share ideas and flashbacks with!

Your new decade is about to unfold. O'Leary will scurrying like a rat to invest his money in Pfiezer - or is it Sandoz?.
Two of the funnier posts of the week....

LSD and Sandoz....the original Sandoz works best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWQkJwdt3CQ

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-06-2017, 01:29 PM

Well, after watching a replay of the Edmonton CPC candidates debate on Sunday, it's pretty clear there is no one in that rat pack that has the potential to win a general election and become PM in 2019.

That's a pretty hurtin' candidates slate. I'd be surprised if any of them even have what it takes to be a good leader of the Official Opposition.

That's a truly embarrassing group of special interest losers and shysters. Watching them fumble around a stage looked more like a comedy or an episode of the Rick Mercer Report than a serious a political debate.

There's a lot of collective political experience in that pack, but none of them appear to have the leadership ability, the charm, the charisma or the ability to reach out to Canadians on anything more then special interest issues.

And besides that, a lot of them are carrying around dirty old baggage. The CPC will never govern again if they continue to only attract voters in Legion halls and church basements across the country.

I hate to say it, but maybe O'Leary may be the only guy that can rejuvenate the party and appeal to the demographic that got the Liberals elected.

Here's a quote from O'Leary - I think he's right on this one - he's the only one with a strategy to become PM. O'Leary is all about winning the youth vote back from Trudeau.

O’Leary: “[Trudeau] motivated people between the ages of 18 to 35 to vote, and 82 per cent of them voted for him. That changed Canadian politics forever. If they stay motivated, and believe me, they are, no party can ever get a majority mandate again without winning at least 60 per cent of those voters. There hasn’t been a Conservative candidate in 15 years that ever got on a campus anywhere here in any Canadian university and wasn’t thrown stones at.”

O'Leary is all about winning the youth vote back from Trudeau.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:24 PM

my party vote will go to bernier .
Old 03-06-2017, 08:38 PM

From what I can see the only difference between Trudeau and O'Leary is O'Leary is more fiscally conservative but a *******. Why would I vote for someone who is marginally different and stands virtually no chance of beating Trudeau? I think bernier is the only real alternative who may be able to win votes from what I have seen, some of the others have a few good ideas and such but bernier seems to be the only one who is presenting an electable conservative option. O'Leary is a liberal
Old 03-06-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
From what I can see the only difference between Trudeau and O'Leary is O'Leary is more fiscally conservative but a *******. Why would I vote for someone who is marginally different and stands virtually no chance of beating Trudeau? I think bernier is the only real alternative who may be able to win votes from what I have seen, some of the others have a few good ideas and such but bernier seems to be the only one who is presenting an electable conservative option. O'Leary is a liberal
Olearys being socially liberal is necessary to win. We don't need another leader who's against pot. Olearys is the only one who can get the youth vote. Olearys isn't against immigrants like trump. And olearys pro trade and pro oil.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Olearys being socially liberal is necessary to win. We don't need another leader who's against pot. Olearys is the only one who can get the youth vote. Olearys isn't against immigrants like trump. And olearys pro trade and pro oil.
Methinks that maybe Peter McKay may be the only electable con leader that can save the CPC from embarrassing itself and insuring a Trudeau majority government until the last Canadian voter born before 1964 is dead.

It's quite conceivable the Libs could rule for the next 20 to 25 years.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:18 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
And there lies the problem.

Political parties will choose any amoral clown to be a leader if the unethical and amoral clowns who choose that leader - deem that person to be electable.

No wonder politics attracts these loathsome creatures from the swamp.
That is why I'm not following this circus this time round.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-07-2017, 12:02 PM

Thumbs up Maxime Bernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow? View Post
my party vote will go to bernier .
I'm thinking of voting the same ^

Mac
Old 03-08-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Socially moderate is what is needed, if there is literally no difference other than a marginally smaller government with lower taxes there really isn't enough to separate the 2. I agree on the pot thing as it's a waste of time and resources but by the next election it'll be legal anyways so that'll be a non issue. I find myself firmly to the centre right and given the option of the 2 I would actually prefer Trudeau, granted I like my conservative mp so that's likely where my vote would go but O'Leary is just as liberal or perhaps even more so than Trudeau.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dropper View Post
Regardless, Oleary will never win the swing vote, the fact that young folks associate him with trump is not good ( you saw how that worked in the last election MYGAWD) Like it or not I don't think French speaking voters will like him so hes a waste of time to make him party leader only to win the election without a majority government. We need a solid leader with the right platform. I watched Kevin O speak on gun control and change, not the right guy for that for sure. Looking hard at Mad Max JMHO
Young people don't vote. Just riot.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
Socially moderate is what is needed, if there is literally no difference other than a marginally smaller government with lower taxes there really isn't enough to separate the 2. I agree on the pot thing as it's a waste of time and resources but by the next election it'll be legal anyways so that'll be a non issue. I find myself firmly to the centre right and given the option of the 2 I would actually prefer Trudeau, granted I like my conservative mp so that's likely where my vote would go but O'Leary is just as liberal or perhaps even more so than Trudeau.
How is he more liberal than Trudeau. He won't be spending tax dollars like Trudeau
Old 03-08-2017, 12:41 PM

If you think all the secret service and police protection now required for Trump Tower and Trumps' place in Florida is ridiculous, wait until the RCMP has to start protecting Prime Minister O'Leary's home in Boston. LOL

On the other hand, it will be interesting to watch Bombardier executives have to go on Dragon's Den and make their pitch for subsidies on network television!

Jeeze... there's an idea to open and democratize government. Make every organization that wants tax dollars have to go before the government in a televised broadcast to make their pitch. No cocktail party discussions or meetings behind closed doors.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Methinks that maybe Peter McKay may be the only electable con leader that can save the CPC from embarrassing itself and insuring a Trudeau majority government until the last Canadian voter born before 1964 is dead.
Agreed.