Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-22-2011, 10:19 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
Us doukhabours only go to Brilliant for funerals these days.
Oh man that was funny. It almost made me fall out of my chair laughing. Nice one buddy.

Hey Npauls, I have taken my 13 foot Metzler down the Columbia with a 30lb thrust electric. I didn't use the motor much. Just rowed from place to place across the river and back. It's not too bad of a river. Just watch out for the whirl pools and stay away from them. Also the top end of the river from Castlegar to Genelle is where your going to find your best rainbow fishing. From Genelle down to Trail the river gets really deep. Not that you can't get any fish downriver of Genelle. Because you certainly can. But you'll have to go deep or fish later in the day in the back eddies.

Have a great time down there. I haven't been back to the Columbia in a few years. I'll have to try to make it down there again.

On the list for this season is the Loc Style Fly Fishing Championships which will be held near Kamloops BC this year. The spots for the tournament filled up fast. I was lucky enough to be one of the first alternates on the list. I just got an email from a friend of mine who asked me to join his team. I am very stoked about that tournament. I'll have to take a week off and figure out where the heck I'm going to stay out there.

As for other fishing this season. Well I have to admit this is the first time in many, many years that I don't have my whole season planned out ahead of time. I will be taking an old friend of mine out on a float trip on the Elk River which will be July or August.

That's it for me. This year is going to be an open slate.

Tight lines to all,
Rob
Old 02-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Banned

Other than the usual chasing eyes on various lakes around southern and north eastern A.B. Planning on hitting the island for hopefully 2 trips this year. One in April or early May and then again in August out to Tofino. I already have the condo booked for this trip the spring trip we will see..
Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM

1. Surf casting in Mazatlan maybe a panga trip.
2. Golden trout
3. Usual family trips to the cabin at Dory
4. Teach skunkboy how to fish the Bow.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:05 PM

Im not going far but.. were going down the north sask river for three days each day we set up a new camp for the night.. Did it last year we caught 1 sturgen 2 walleye and 1 pike all fair size but was a good trip
Old 02-22-2011, 05:16 PM

I plan to spend most of my time fishing the FTR between here and Nordegg this year.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:50 PM

Fraser for sturgeon and Barnaby for Golden (looks like we will be able to hold a convention up there).

Other than that hoping to do quite a bit of hiking in K country with the family with fishable lakes along the way.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:55 PM

If you head out to the columbian you should look at some small mouth fishing. One of the best places in the world. Also, watch out for the wind. Known as a super popular wind surfing area.