Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-21-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumtan View Post
We recieved your gift box today, Thank You Very Much ! Then I met up with Gord and he handed me $100 to go for the derby, he said $75 was from you and $25 was from him.
no problem.....gord is getting a tripod from me for donating

thanks gord and all the organizers....keep up the good work
Old 01-21-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
We recieved your gift box today, Thank You Very Much ! Then I met up with Gord and he handed me $100 to go for the derby, he said $75 was from you and $25 was from him.
p.s. the hundy was from Gord's heart...i asked for a 35 minumum donation....he stepped it up!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Gone Fishing

I should mention that last year we had 8 earlybird prizes (each worth more than the entry fee) and only 11 entries..........ya gotta like them odds?
Old 01-21-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I should mention that last year we had 8 earlybird prizes (each worth more than the entry fee) and only 11 entries..........ya gotta like them odds?
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
be cool if the prize the kid and me donated registers a fish as well. super cool if its a youngin
Old 01-22-2011, 11:14 AM

murry im game for the derby and ill look into getting a towstrap and a couple clevises for a prize as well from my old boss
Old 02-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Gone Fishing

The earlybird prizes were drawn last night. Thank you to all who entered the draws. Lots of first=timers will be contacted of their winnings as well as the many repeat offenders who have continually supported this fun event.
Hope to see everyone out on Feb 20th !
Old 02-01-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
The earlybird prizes were drawn last night. Thank you to all who entered the draws. Lots of first=timers will be contacted of their winnings as well as the many repeat offenders who have continually supported this fun event.
Hope to see everyone out on Feb 20th !
Hey Rumtan who won the prizes anyone from here ?

Also not to sound like a prude but since I might be able to make it to your derby what are the Prizes this year I know youve had some great prizes in past years .
Old 02-02-2011, 05:31 AM
Gone Fishing

The first place prize will be $500 cash and the 2nd place gets the blueray DVD player or the BBQ (we havent seen it yet because its being donated by the Home Hardware out at Wabamun ) which ever is of greater value or their choice.
The earlybird draws were a blast and tons of prizes went out including the golfcart/caddy and the GPS and the stay at the hotel and chairs and ice fishing gear (donated by chubbdarter) and gift certificates from Wholesale sports (value $150).....all in all it was a fun draw and everyone has been notified of their winnings. Thank you all so much for helping make this event of to a great start.......now we just need a good turnout at the derby on Feb 20th.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:28 AM

I have a few questions about this Durby. What are the rules for this event, are you allowed to use your tent, camera. What are the prizes to be one? I have a few people that wanna go and are asking me these questions. Anyhow thanks.....
Old 02-08-2011, 10:38 AM

Rumtan, I take it we can buy tickets the day of the event. As usual I missed the early bird thing. Not smart enough to remember from year to year. Looking forward to it.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Gone Fishing

1st place will be $500 cash and the 2nd place prize is a Blueray DVD player and the 3rd place is $100, but there are all sorts of other prizes which make the derby fun. The local HomeHardware is teaming up with the marina to donate a prize......all sorts of goodies will be given out.
YES you can get tickets at the gate and all money raised goes to the Make-A-Wish Foundation ! The only expenses are the food for the BBQ and the cost of the licence. Everyone working the derby is a vollunteer so please be kind to them.
Dont forget the pre-derby party on Saturday Feb 19th night at the Wabamun Hotel !!!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:10 AM

murry i got 2 16000lb tow straps and 4 32000 clevasis for door prizes see you out there.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Gone Fishing

If this weather keeps up we may need those tow straps to get off the ice lol. Thanks Kevin we appreciate your help.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclennanchris View Post
I have a few questions about this Durby. What are the rules for this event, are you allowed to use your tent, camera. What are the prizes to be one? I have a few people that wanna go and are asking me these questions. Anyhow thanks.....
Good question... Are you allowed to use a tent?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Gone Fishing

Tents are fine but cameras are not. What we would like is everyone to be on the same level playing field......this is a fun derby.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Gone Fishing

So how many from this forum will be attending? and it would be fun if you identify yourself at the registration booth as being from AO.....would be great to report back here how many attended !
Old 02-15-2011, 12:35 AM

I hope the weather cools off so everyone isnt having to wear there rubber boots and hip waiters . Only good thing is that there will be ice this year .
Old 02-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Gone Fishing

Thank You HillbillyBarry for dropping off those cool prizes last night......that helped out tremendously. See you out there Sunday !
Old 02-19-2011, 10:34 PM

see you all tommorow. might be a chilly one bringing my lil 2 person tent and heater.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:11 AM

Default Good luck folks

Good luck to everyone tommorow I will pop by around noonish as I have to drop off the Free fishing trip and will Give a few fish hooks for the kids . but wont be fishing , Good luck to everyone .
Old 02-20-2011, 02:44 PM

It was very nice meeting you today Murray. Thanks again for the burger.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 02-20-2011, 06:16 PM

so how many fish were caught today?
Old 02-20-2011, 08:58 PM

Default derby

well boys how did the derby go? did everyone have fun?

Old 02-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Gone Fishing

I have to say it was a great day for the derby......started out coolish but sunny and no wind and towards 1:30 the wind started to pick up making it feel really cold but everyone was dressed for it.
I would like to thank all the participants for being great sports and toughing the derby out even though very few fish were caught. A total of 6 fish were contending for the prize money and the largest was a 66cm pike.
Met some of you from the forum and have to say, you guys are OK in my books. There was an excellent turnout and most people took home a prize of some kind or another.
On a side note.....I met the winner of chubbdarters prize, he turned out to be the oldest contestant and he was fishing with his daughter, they were thrilled and his daughter came in 3rd in the prize money.
Good Job all who came out, that was fun and next year should be be even better !

Murray (aka Rumtan )
Old 02-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Gone Fishing

Oh yeah I forgot to mention.....we raised $3,315.00 for the Make-A-Wish
Old 02-21-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I have to say it was a great day for the derby......started out coolish but sunny and no wind and towards 1:30 the wind started to pick up making it feel really cold but everyone was dressed for it.
I would like to thank all the participants for being great sports and toughing the derby out even though very few fish were caught. A total of 6 fish were contending for the prize money and the largest was a 66cm pike.
Met some of you from the forum and have to say, you guys are OK in my books. There was an excellent turnout and most people took home a prize of some kind or another.
On a side note.....I met the winner of chubbdarters prize, he turned out to be the oldest contestant and he was fishing with his daughter, they were thrilled and his daughter came in 3rd in the prize money.
Good Job all who came out, that was fun and next year should be be even better !

Murray (aka Rumtan )
good stuff Murray!!!!!!!!!!! your a good man for doing what you do.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:44 AM

Good Good glad to hear you guys had fun and the weather was good for ya.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Gone Fishing

Only problem is......ive been diagnosed with bronchial pneumonia and will be out of commision for up to ten days.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:24 PM

wooooooo that not good Rumtan well get better i wish you good luck with your speedy recovery!

Old 02-22-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Only problem is......ive been diagnosed with bronchial pneumonia and will be out of commision for up to ten days.
what kind of wrap up party was it??????????????

get well soon buddy