Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-10-2016, 08:07 AM

Default tumbler

Canadian tire has a mastercraft tumbler on sale for $50.00 Does anyone know if this would be suitable for brass cartridges?
Thanks
Old 12-10-2016, 08:29 AM

I got one. Works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken hofer View Post
I got one. Works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 12-10-2016, 08:49 AM

Default tumbler

Thanks ! They are on for $49.99 I think I'll go down and get one. My RCBS is on it's last legs. Lasted 20 years though!!!
Old 12-10-2016, 09:06 AM

Buy today 20X cdn tire cash
Old 12-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Banned

I bought one last time they were on sale. I picked up some walnut media at Bass Pro, their house brand stuff, and I've been really happy. I'm at the point now, 8-900 308 and 243 cases later, that I need to put a bit of polish into the walnut to help clean it up but the tumbler is still going strong.

I have found that an hour is more than enough but I have forgotten about mine and it's been on for upwards of 7 hours at a time, a few times.

I normally fill mine about 5/8 of the way full. The polish that has been recommended to me was NuFinish car polish. About a teaspoon should be all you need.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:28 AM

I saw this tumbler on sale last year when I bought my Frankford Arsenal tumbler. I think I paid $90 on sale at wholesale for that. The mastercraft was on sale for $90 at the time, and I just figured I would go with a brand that actually built it for the intention of cleaning brass. If I saw the mastercraft on for $50.00, I would have totally bought it. I hope it works out well for you!!
Old 12-10-2016, 11:52 AM

I bought one the last time they were on sale. Worst purchase I ever made. Cheap and loud and heated up to the point that I started to get worried about a fire. The thin aluminum screw shaft in the middle stripped so the lid wouldn't sit properly.

There are a lot of people who think they are great and a good price and then there are a lot who have had nothing but bad experiences - me being one. There is an interesting thread on that other Canadian site about guns that reflects some of the bad feelings. I thank God that CT has the great return policy it does. Got my money back and ordered a real one from Amazon .ca.

Good luck - yours may work great

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 12-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollGRG View Post
I bought one the last time they were on sale. Worst purchase I ever made. Cheap and loud and heated up to the point that I started to get worried about a fire. The thin aluminum screw shaft in the middle stripped so the lid wouldn't sit properly.

There are a lot of people who think they are great and a good price and then there are a lot who have had nothing but bad experiences - me being one. There is an interesting thread on that other Canadian site about guns that reflects some of the bad feelings. I thank God that CT has the great return policy it does. Got my money back and ordered a real one from Amazon .ca.

Good luck - yours may work great
How long ago was this? I can verify that they have changed some parts of the design. The center shaft to hold the lid on is steel (i just verified with a magnet), and mine, even after the 7 hour stint, was only slightly warm. Maybe they had so many problems with older ones that they had to change them up a bit?