Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-05-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
I know that they come with a LH bolt. I haven't seen one but I am told that the ejection port remains on the right side IIRC. As far as extraction, I don't necessarily chase hyper velocities and confirm easy extraction of my loads before rolling a bunch. Plus, I've also lightly lapped the recoil lugs to the receiver with Clover Leaf 120 lapping compound. Both guns featured above will also be jewelled in the very near future. I'll post more pics when done.
Yeah please do post pics, sounds interesting.

You put any thought into building or replacing that trigger guard or lower bottom metal? Seems like they over engineered parts of it and then went cheap on the bottom to compensate.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Banned

Well, I'm not wanting to try and turn it into a classic. My goal has been to make it shoot to it's utmost potential, function reliably and pretty it up a bit without getting too carried away.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:47 PM

Very nice work.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 12-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody c View Post
Yeah please do post pics, sounds interesting.

You put any thought into building or replacing that trigger guard or lower bottom metal? Seems like they over engineered parts of it and then went cheap on the bottom to compensate.
I certainly will post pics of my wooden butt pad making process as well of the bolt jewelling. Keep in mind though that when Remington introduced this rifle model, it was intended to be an affordable budget rifle. Thus a reason ws to why the bottom metal isn't up to par by more higher end rifles. It does however remain as a tack driver and solid very desirable platform. Certainly something more desirable than an Axis, 710, and 770 currently offered.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
I certainly will post pics of my wooden butt pad making process as well of the bolt jewelling. Keep in mind though that when Remington introduced this rifle model, it was intended to be an affordable budget rifle. Thus a reason ws to why the bottom metal isn't up to par by more higher end rifles. It does however remain as a tack driver and solid very desirable platform. Certainly something more desirable than an Axis, 710, and 770 currently offered.