Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2013, 01:42 AM
Banned

Default iphone:itunes as android:??????

What's a good music app for an android phone? Just got an HTC one and want to start putting some music on it. Used my last smart phone as a phone...ie: I have no clue about apps, loading music etc. I have an ipod that I rarely use, but I really have very little love for iTunes. Got a bunch of cd's I'd like to download onto my phone and be able to grab songs off the net and download those as well.

Suggestions from the more phone savvy people?? (ie: everyone other than me...haha)
Old 10-27-2013, 02:53 AM

Also have an HTC One, this is currently what i'm using MusicManiac, besides doing the transfer from iTunes on the computer over to the phone with the HTC software
Old 10-27-2013, 04:18 AM

I just grab the music from my pc, drag and drop them onto my phone but I know many people are partial to winamp.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:18 AM

Presently going through the IPhone vs. Android debate and iTunes is one of the debates....as much as I hate the being locked in if iTunes I like the ease with which it works, particularly regarding movies, and I've got a bunch of movies for the kids already which I can't transfer over.

Right now Android has Play Music as the competition to iTunes, and it even has streaming music. The problem is, you can't get it in Canada (at least legally) as they are in a fight with the recording companies still. It is available pretty much everywhere else in the world, but not Canada.....there have been rumors but no results for a while now of it coming here....suspect it will eventually.

For music, easiest thing is to put your music onto your computer or iTunes, plug your phone into your computer and do a simple file transfer from the computer to phone, just select and drag and drop, simple as that.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
What's a good music app for an android phone? Just got an HTC one and want to start putting some music on it. Used my last smart phone as a phone...ie: I have no clue about apps, loading music etc. I have an ipod that I rarely use, but I really have very little love for iTunes. Got a bunch of cd's I'd like to download onto my phone and be able to grab songs off the net and download those as well.

Suggestions from the more phone savvy people?? (ie: everyone other than me...haha)
What's wrong with the oem app that comes with your phone? I download/transfer/listen to a whackload of music on my phone. I've got about 4,000 songs on the phone and about 20,000 on my computer.
The android music player does everything I need. Sort by artist, song, album or genre. Ratings. Playlists. Album Art. Has an equilizer. Can Shuffle, repeat....I've never needed anything else.

I just attach the phone via usb and drag and drop all my music onto the phone. Even the music that was in my iTunes library (which is now gone!).

On my computer, I just use Windows Explorer to move files around and Windows Media player to manage playlists etc.

Last edited by Clgy_Dave2.0; 10-27-2013 at 08:39 AM.