Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-18-2019, 08:49 PM

Default Tika x3 Cabela’s Canadain Addition

Who has the Cabela’s Tika x3 Canadain addition reviews please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2019, 07:08 AM

I've had lots of Tikkas and all have been really good. The oversized bolt is really nice. Cerakoted stainless is about as impervious as you can get to the elements. And, a set trigger is also a super nice option to have at the range. As long as the gun came with a threaded end cap for the muzzle brake then what's not to like? I can't imagine someone not being happy with it. I looked at the ad online but could not see anything about an end cap, though I am sure you could get one. Buy it. You won't regret it.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:32 AM

Typical Tikka accuracy but the set trigger and brake drive the price up, to where it is more than I would pay for a Tikka with that plastic stock. I have owned Tikka rifles with the set trigger, and after trying the trigger set, I preferred not to use that feature for hunting. As for the brake, I would never use one for hunting, and the braked T-3X that I looked at did not come with a threaded cap, requiring a person to spend even more having one made and coated to match. For that price, I would buy a regular T-3X, and a B&C stock, instead of paying for the set trigger and brake.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:37 AM

I have a t3x canadian edition CTR in 6.5cm and it is a tack driver. It came with a threaded muzzle cap and I haven't put the brake on. The trigger is good and the set trigger feature is a great feature to have available. Wait for it to go on sale at Cabelas and you will get good value.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:35 AM

I have it in 7mm. It does come with the brake and a muzzle cap. Really like it so far. Stupid accurate. Shooting bug holes at 100 yds with crappy factory 150 federal ammo. Handles really nicely and is about 7.6lbs with a leupold VX5 hd 3-15x44 in Talley lightweights. Many will say it's overpriced, but it had the features I wanted and I didn't really "need" it anyway.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:57 AM

I don't think it is overpriced if it comes with the end cap. Nice gun.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:37 PM

Default Tika x3 Cabela’s Canadain Addition

I am told it’s lighter then the hells canyon speed and more slender in the stock , I hope to get there to choose between the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2019, 05:42 AM

I handled one at cabelas.found the bolt sticky.not smooth like a regular t3x.sales guy said it was because of the cherokote.