Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-23-2021, 12:03 PM

Default Help me go ice fishing this year

It doesn’t matter where we go but I’d like to get out a lot more than past winters (1-3 times max)

The issue is I don’t have a vehicle that can reliably do the job. It can get me around town or to a meet up spot though!

Pretty much have all the equipment we’d need down to a tent with heater, extra tip ups, and a gas auger.

Let me know if anyone has a spot for a noobie wanting to learn and get out on the ice as much as possible. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Old 12-23-2021, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlr17 View Post
It doesn’t matter where we go but I’d like to get out a lot more than past winters (1-3 times max)

The issue is I don’t have a vehicle that can reliably do the job. It can get me around town or to a meet up spot though!

Pretty much have all the equipment we’d need down to a tent with heater, extra tip ups, and a gas auger.

Let me know if anyone has a spot for a noobie wanting to learn and get out on the ice as much as possible. Any and all help would be appreciated.
You haven’t said where you live and if you are splitting gas money. For some knowing if you are primarily catch and kill, catch and release or a mix.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-23-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
You haven’t said where you live and if you are splitting gas money. For some knowing if you are primarily catch and kill, catch and release or a mix.
Pardon me you’re very correct and thank you

I am in Calgary and can get to anywhere in the city safely with my car but I’d never take it out of town in it’s current state. I would be more than happy to split gas and bring snacks or anything I can that would help!

It doesn’t matter to me if you are Catch and Release or Catch and Kill but mainly I want to learn so either would be peachy with me!
Old 12-23-2021, 12:45 PM

Also maybe consider posting a smiling picture of you holding a fish. Putting a name to a face considering you want to hang with people and are a brand new member would be useful.

Also some people would like to know if you are fully vaccinated against Covid in case some re high risk or have loved ones at potential risk.

People…please don’t make this a Covid thread to discuss pros and cons. Some people just need to know either way as they will be in a vehicle or a tent for a while.

Wish you luck getting out.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-23-2021, 12:51 PM

Your account name is hustler haha

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 12-23-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Also maybe consider posting a smiling picture of you holding a fish. Putting a name to a face considering you want to hang with people and are a brand new member would be useful.

Also some people would like to know if you are fully vaccinated against Covid in case some re high risk or have loved ones at potential risk.

People…please don’t make this a Covid thread to discuss pros and cons. Some people just need to know either way as they will be in a vehicle or a tent for a while.

Wish you luck getting out.
I can add a photo for sure. I’m a "normal" guy just turned 30 and spending too much time in the basement gaming and such I just want to get out there. I’ll see what I can do. I’m not sure how else I could find a group to go fishing with if I have no friends that’s why I’m here.

I have my vaccine and passport yes and am getting my last booster on the 26th actually.

And to the guy commenting on my username, it’s just my gamertag since I was <10 no need to let your mind run any further.

edit: I got a photo up of myself best I could find. If someone is willing to take a chance on me I’ll give them any peace of mind I can.

Last edited by Hustlr17; 12-23-2021 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-23-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I can add a photo for sure. I’m a "normal" guy just turned 30 and spending too much time in the basement gaming and such I just want to get out there. I’ll see what I can do. I’m not sure how else I could find a group to go fishing with if I have no friends that’s why I’m here.

I have my vaccine and passport yes and am getting my last booster on the 26th actually.

And to the guy commenting on my username, it’s just my gamertag since I was <10 no need to let your mind run any further.
haha all good Just playin. I would take you fishing but i'm in edmonton

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 12-23-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:

edit: I got a photo up of myself best I could find. If someone is willing to take a chance on me I’ll give them any peace of mind I can.
What quadrant of the city do you live in? Which days off do you fish? I go out a lot but often last minute. I can keep you in mind. Having a tent and heater makes it easier. What size tent do you have?
Old 12-23-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:
What quadrant of the city do you live in? Which days off do you fish? I go out a lot but often last minute. I can keep you in mind. Having a tent and heater makes it easier. What size tent do you have?
I am definitely down for one of those spur of the moments! I’d be willing to send you my number via private message for that. I am the same way

I work online from home and can move stuff around so pretty much any time is good for me as long as we’re not gone like overnight and into the next day haha!

Tent is actually brand new and I haven’t used it yet but it says 3-4 people square and its from Amazon. I have a little heater attachment that sits on top of a propane tank for heat from Crappy Tire

edit: oops, I am right along Bow Trail near Sarcee in the West side of the city.
Old 12-23-2021, 03:57 PM

HMMM, I have the truck to go anywhere. 2006 dodge Ram but would and do take it anywhere. Also looking to do more ice fishing but only have basic gear (hand auger, no shelter ect . Only gone a few times in last 10 years but spend over 100 days on the water easy a year and only stop fishing the bow when it is more then -5

Live deep south so perfect jumping of place. After my booster Jan 5 I will be good to go. I a fairly flex schedule. Keep me in mind and I will do the same. All it takes is for someone to say "wanna go" and I am in.
Old 12-23-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuyFishin View Post
haha all good Just playin. I would take you fishing but i'm in edmonton
Ah yes .... HUY Guy trying to hustle the hustler - pimping the pimp

That's how he rolls