Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-27-2009, 08:03 PM

I'm washing the Canucks jersey for you now Larry
Old 12-28-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
I'm washing the Canucks jersey for you now Larry
no doubt that thing saw alot of fish slime that day, thats why I intend to bring an old jersey with me when I come this summer no sense having you getting my good Jersey all slimed up...
Old 12-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Banned

Tonight's win should give the Flames some good momentum heading into the January stretch.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:25 PM

Yep with the classic April fold job soon to follow!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:28 AM
Banned

Thanks for the points boys.....

watching tne juniors in the bar was more fun......

oilrts are pathatic
Old 01-01-2010, 02:18 PM

Boston won!
Old 01-01-2010, 08:17 PM

So what's everyone's take on the Oiler's shananagan's last night?

The management of a high-end Calgary restaurant got into a bitter dispute over New Year’s Eve bash bill racked up by members of the Edmonton Oilers team, says the fine dining owner.

Maurizio Terrigno of Osteria de Medici, the restaurant where former U.S. president George W. Bush dined when he was in Calgary last year, said the team and staff owed $16,796.39 but paid only $12,385.45.

About half of the bill is for alcohol which totalled to $8,248.

Terrigno said 45 people ordered off the menu and their total bill came up to $14,234.23, including a $677.98 GST, excluding the going 18% tip.

“These guys came in, they enjoyed our hospitality and when the bill came ... they went ballistic to the point where they started threatening, denigrating my staff saying ‘We’re the Edmonton Oilers, we expect a 50% discount,’” said Terrigno.

The Oilers played with the Calgary Flames earlier and they wound up with a New Year’s party at Osteria in Kensington.

Oilers spokesman Allan Watt said the restaurant was recommended by some Calgary friends of the players and they had a prearranged meal and menu.

“They received the bill which they felt was outrageous,” said Watt.

“They inquired about it and they were unhappy about it and were unhappy with some of the charges. The restaurant adjusted it by $7,000,” he said.

Watt said the players paid the adjusted bill and added a $1,900 tip and left the restaurant.

Terrigno said the group, which included team captain Ethan Moreau, attempted to negotiate a discount on the bill.

He said the players argued they should pay by the bottle for dozens of shooters purchased during the bash, but the restaurant charged them for each one individually.

The restaurant tried to charge for a bottle of an imported expensive brandy after one of the players took a swig straight from it.

“They refused to pay for the whole bottle because they didn’t consume the whole bottle,” said Terrigno.

He said there’s no way the restaurant will serve other clients from the same bottle of brandy.

Terrigno said at one point he threatened to call cops, but the players eventually paid $12,385.45.

“It’s the first time during the 37 years of business have I ever experienced something like this,” he said.

“What’s more upsetting is we know who they are.”

Terrigno said because he was infuriated by what happened he plans on donating the money the players paid the restaurant to charity.

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/alber.../12321831.html
Old 01-01-2010, 09:54 PM

Its laughable at best...thats over 310 bucks per person? so lets say a meal cost 100 a head...even at 20 bucks per drink that would work out to about 10 or 11 drinks per person. In a 90 minute dinner? Cmon...and now this owner is not only going to eat over 4000 between the original and settled bill he's going to donate the bill to charity?? LOL even the diehard Oil haters can smell a shake down..which acording to a lawyer I know in Cowtown this resteraunt has a rep of doing..anybody in Calgary in the know?
Old 01-01-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Its laughable at best...thats over 310 bucks per person? so lets say a meal cost 100 a head...even at 20 bucks per drink that would work out to about 10 or 11 drinks per person. In a 90 minute dinner? Cmon...and now this owner is not only going to eat over 4000 between the original and settled bill he's going to donate the bill to charity?? LOL even the diehard Oil haters can smell a shake down..which acording to a lawyer I know in Cowtown this resteraunt has a rep of doing..anybody in Calgary in the know?
I think the usual saying of there's two sides to every story, and the truth is somewhere in between.

I'm guessing they rented the whole restaraunt, so there was probably a fee for that. There could have been some wild stuff going on since they lost... and it was new year's. This is a pretty high priced ritzy joint in Kensington so who knows how much they charge for meals there.

I'm too cheap to go to places like that.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Banned

45 pro Hockey players cant seem to cough up $15,000? They knew the prices of the food and yet they bitch. What a bunch of sissy wankers.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:35 AM

first of all, $300 per person in a restaraunt as swanky as this one is not outrageous. If they didn't want the high price they should have gone to a dennys for some bacon and eggs. Reading the article I found it interesting that one of the players just grabbed a bottle of brandy and took a swig. He then didn't want to pay for the bottle after his lips were all over it. They also were saying "we are the oilers and demand a 50% discount". What a bunch of homers. go back north you filthy swine.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:40 AM

Old 01-02-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
first of all, $300 per person in a restaraunt as swanky as this one is not outrageous. If they didn't want the high price they should have gone to a dennys for some bacon and eggs. Reading the article I found it interesting that one of the players just grabbed a bottle of brandy and took a swig. He then didn't want to pay for the bottle after his lips were all over it. They also were saying "we are the oilers and demand a 50% discount". What a bunch of homers. go back north you filthy swine.
And being the unbiased sort Im sure your hoping that the contractor gets the 3 million that classless Iggy owes him from building his house...Imagine a world class Olympian who can clearly afford it taking money fro a poor working man and his family....absolutely disgusting isn't it I hope when that disgusting excuse for a hockey player gets whats coming to him you are at the head of the mob running him out of town ...... I mean cmon Mule whatever respect I may have had for you has dissipated...all this bashing is by Oiler haters or people jealous of their lifestyle... Once again this behaviour will bite the owner on the azz. Hockey players will never visit his place again and any high end bookings this guy attracted will disappear. All these guys talk to each other hence the recommendation. As said before this establishment has a rep for this type of scam...mark my words this resteraunt will be gone in less than a year...
Old 01-02-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
And being the unbiased sort Im sure your hoping that the contractor gets the 3 million that classless Iggy owes him from building his house...Imagine a world class Olympian who can clearly afford it taking money fro a poor working man and his family....absolutely disgusting isn't it I hope when that disgusting excuse for a hockey player gets whats coming to him you are at the head of the mob running him out of town ...... I mean cmon Mule whatever respect I may have had for you has dissipated...all this bashing is by Oiler haters or people jealous of their lifestyle... Once again this behaviour will bite the owner on the azz. Hockey players will never visit his place again and any high end bookings this guy attracted will disappear. All these guys talk to each other hence the recommendation. As said before this establishment has a rep for this type of scam...mark my words this resteraunt will be gone in less than a year...
you had respect for me???? cmon man, I love how you get right ripped when your oilers get bashed. I am not that familiar with the story you speak of with iggy. I thought the builder was screwing him around and iggy walked away from it. I love the pot calling the kettle black with your obvious hate for iggy. who is jealous?? I am not an oiler hater at all. In fact I am a proud albertan and cheered for them on their playoff run of '06. I don't buy into the whole "if you cheer for one you can't for the other". Its a dumb macho theory. For the most part I LOVE grinding the gears of the oiler fans. At work me and another guy banter back and forth all the time, but frequently we can actually have pretty good discussions with positives and negatives about both teams. I am also well aware of instances of all players trying to use their influence to get stuff for free. It really is unfortunate but once they get used to it, its a tough habit to break I would imagine. I seriously doubt the restaurant will be hurting much.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:31 PM

Actually Iggy is one of the nicest NHL ers I have met..my point is that its obvious to anyone without bias that the team was being scammed,,,just as it is obvious that Iginla is being shook down because of who he is. And if you simply gring gears cuz its fun well that speaks volumes...
Old 01-02-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Actually Iggy is one of the nicest NHL ers I have met..my point is that its obvious to anyone without bias that the team was being scammed,,,just as it is obvious that Iginla is being shook down because of who he is. And if you simply gring gears cuz its fun well that speaks volumes...
how is it obvious they are being scammed. were you there? do you personally know someone who was there? To me it is quite obvious that it is a simple case of the rich trying to stay rich.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:46 PM

I dunno Mule were you there to witness the brandy being drank? I mean you must have been as it offends you so deeply....
Old 01-02-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
I dunno Mule were you there to witness the brandy being drank? I mean you must have been as it offends you so deeply....
Unless there is proof or accusations that say they didn't then I would assume he did. Why would the owner make that up? This isn't a court of law. I don't need csi's to prove every little detail. lol
Old 01-02-2010, 05:54 PM

So we are to blindly take the managers version simply because of why? But automatically vilify the million-dollar athlete? Weak I am done here
Old 01-02-2010, 05:59 PM

lesson learned: If the oiler hater arguement doesn't pan out, attack the accuser because it has obvious he is just attack multi millionaires.... too funny.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:16 PM

There is one good thing for the Oilers that their drinking bill is now public info . Moreau and Staios can use it as another excuse to the press for losing because they are still hung over...
Old 01-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Banned

Flames win AGAIN. Hahaha back on trak Hopefully.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:18 AM

Wow our first line is amazing...BACK TO BACK HAT TRICKS FOR BURROWS!!!! After the Flamers lose tonight there will be a new division leader in the NW!!! CANUCKS ARE ON FIRE....and although all you oil and flames fans may hate him...Henrik Sedin is UNREAL!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!! Jersey waiting for ya BP!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:50 PM

Did you see that Aaron Rome get rocked by Taylor Pyatt? wow what a hit. Check out the 0:13 second mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta6hF9eDpOQ

Sedin is top point-getter overall. Above Ovechkin, Thornton, Crosby....who woulda thunk it!

Last edited by Clgy_Dave2.0; 01-08-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
Wow our first line is amazing...BACK TO BACK HAT TRICKS FOR BURROWS!!!! After the Flamers lose tonight there will be a new division leader in the NW!!! CANUCKS ARE ON FIRE....and although all you oil and flames fans may hate him...Henrik Sedin is UNREAL!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!! Jersey waiting for ya BP!
ok you led the NW for a day, then got beat by a better team tonight...and now your 1 game closer to having to wear the Flamin C...I call that a great day...
Old 01-10-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
ok you led the NW for a day, then got beat by a better team tonight...and now your 1 game closer to having to wear the Flamin C...I call that a great day...
Canucks will win the next two in regulation athome and you will have to wear teh canucks jersey...i`m not worried
Old 01-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Banned

What a great game..
That was a ton of fun to watch.
The Sedin sisters goal was amazing. That might have been one of the greatest goals I have ever seen.

Both Goaltenders were outstanding.
All I can I say is when is the next game.

Jamie
Old 01-10-2010, 11:47 AM

Hopefully the Canucks bring alittle more edge next game against the Flames...was one of our worst games in a couple weeks...thank goodness for Luongo to even get us the loser point.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
What a great game..
That was a ton of fun to watch.
All I can I say is when is the next game.

Jamie
X2!!
Outstanding atmosphere in GM Place last night!! Great to see 2 good hockey teams battle it out the way the game was meant to be played!! That game was not over run by systems or anything it was just end to end action!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:43 AM

those comments that Burrows made towards the ref's are very bold. interesting to see what the NHL does. Never got to see what happened but if what Burrows says is true about the ref's then I hope the league will take action..