Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-10-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
She's like a rattlesnake when mad...
Throw her a mouse. haha

Lots of advice already.
All I can say to you Bloop is remind each other what you both felt when you first met. During the argument just add a tidbit like " Hey, remember when we first met and had such fun doing...?" Remind her and yourself why you were for each other. She will soften hopefully.

One of my aunt & uncles that were married for 75 years both said their key was they always treated each other like the day they met. With playful upbeat respect.

I was once married to a red headed Aries and arguing was a way of life with her, not just with me but anyone. She was playful as a kitten but had the attitude of a cat. Needless to say I could not endure a lifetime of her ego and divorced her. And I lived happily ever after.

My advice to the young guys is...

Get to know your woman as a person before you get to know her as an animal. It will save you a bunch of problems once the honeymoon is over.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets

Last edited by Red Bullets; 02-10-2019 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:51 PM

...'if it is bad enough, I have a passport...'??

Quote of the day Ken, love it. And honestly there have been a few times where I have thought, 'hey, I could just hop in the Porsche and go for a road trip of indeterminate length...'

Usually that was because the wife was 'disagreeing' strongly with one of my young adult children, and I just didn't want to get involved in the drama. Wife and four daughters? Hell yes I like going fishing and hunting!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-10-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
...'if it is bad enough, I have a passport...'??

Quote of the day Ken, love it. And honestly there have been a few times where I have thought, 'hey, I could just hop in the Porsche and go for a road trip of indeterminate length...'

Usually that was because the wife was 'disagreeing' strongly with one of my young adult children, and I just didn't want to get involved in the drama. Wife and four daughters? Hell yes I like going fishing and hunting!
That’s me too

Partner and daughter having a “discussion “. I walk in. They look at me. I back off towards the door.....

Lo siento, no hablo Inglés! Bonjour Stephanie. Come get me
Old 02-10-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
That’s me too

Partner and daughter having a “discussion “. I walk in. They look at me. I back off towards the door.....

Lo siento, no hablo Inglés! Bonjour Stephanie. Come get me
Yup! Only a very obtuse man tries to 'smooth the waters' when a mom and her daughter want to hash things out. Nope. I figured out that most issues with me and the lovely missus involved her wanting me to get involved...and then when I did, back when I was gullible and dumb, it would end up with her taking the kid's side against me, after she roped me in! What???

No more. Have fun mom and kid. Pretty sure there is a hockey game on somewhere, or a rerun of Star Trek....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-10-2019, 05:32 PM

As a young, not yet married guy, lots of good advice it seems in this thread for the future. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:51 PM

I can remember vividly one very heated exchange where I advised that what she wanted to do was a really bad idea, she went ahead and did it anyway, after which I had the wisdom to say " i told you we shouldn't do that" (really bad idea), to which her response was " you should have insisted" And thats how you lose when you win.
Best advice, unless it puts somebody in harm's way or financial jeopardy then does it really matter? Being right is overrated when its over an inconsequential issue.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:37 PM
Banned

I don't have advise on what to do but I have learned lots about what not to do.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lites out View Post
Sounds like you do what your told!!
Nope easier to say i told you so rather than fight.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:41 PM

I heard this on the meat eater podcast a few episodes ago where Steve said when him and his wife are arguing they tell one another how much the issue bothers them out of 10. So if he didn't like a rug she bought and wanted to throw it out, but she wanted to keep it they would decide by who it bothered more. If Steve said 7/10 and she said 3/10 then Steve won. I picked it up and it works well because you stop fighting over things that don't mean a lot to the other person or vice-versa.