Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2024, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
So what happens when another government gets voted in? One we just can’t stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will tell us to think positive, and wait until they get voted out, just as you do now.
Old 04-26-2024, 04:11 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
You will tell us to think positive, and wait until they get voted out, just as you do now.

Well you’re right I will find a way to smile but at the same time puke just like now.

All I am saying is tread lightly as our prairie princess is known to be rogue so keeping her in check is a good thing.

There will be kick back from many municipalities on this.

Always Interesting to see different perspectives on the subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-26-2024, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
X2, but it sounds like they are intending to bring party affiliation to the municipal level. I'm against it.
I'm for it, I want to know what I'm getting. Last election I sent an email to every mayoral and councilor candidate in our community asking them to rate themselves on a scale of one to ten. Only two answered the question, both identifying as right wing, the rest gave mumbo jumbo answers and semi lectures about dealing with issues not political lines yet when it came time to vote on issues turns out the were lefty looney. The woke have hidden out for to long pretending they didn't have an agenda. School boards are especially frustrating. Seems they, women in particular are more interested in their unspoken agenda than serving the public.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-26-2024, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I'm for it, I want to know what I'm getting. Last election I sent an email to every mayoral and councilor candidate in our community asking them to rate themselves on a scale of one to ten. Only two answered the question, both identifying as right wing, the rest gave mumbo jumbo answers and semi lectures about dealing with issues not political lines yet when it came time to vote on issues turns out the were lefty looney. The woke have hidden out for to long pretending they didn't have an agenda. School boards are especially frustrating. Seems they, women in particular are more interested in their unspoken agenda than serving the public.
Heck yeah. You are on the money.
Old 04-26-2024, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Just to be clear the scale I gave them was one being hard left and ten being hard right.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-26-2024, 05:47 PM

This is definitely pizzing off the dippers so all good in my books. Go Danielle go! Been a long while since big city swamps have been drained.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:32 AM

Read which councillors are upset and form your own conclusions.

I am glad this is going ahead and the complaints from the people quoted in the article confirm the need for this legislation.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...ta-ucp-bill-20
Old 04-27-2024, 10:18 AM

I get it that politics in the 2 big cities are a mess. Will Party affiliation improve that? If parties run a full slate of candidates and win, joe smoke gets shut out - completely. There will not be a dissenting voice on council. The Party will decide, not the people.

Municipal Affairs already has the power to step in and deal with council dysfunction. Keep Party politics out of municipal politics. A good argument can be made to keep it out of provincial politics as well.l
Old 04-27-2024, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
If you looked up the definition of irony in the dictionary it would probably be this bill. I think it’s pretty hilarious and on point for Queen Dani. It all seriousness it’s about control at the municipal level, nothing more nothing less.

Funny how it wasn’t campaigned on, the idea of party affiliations was not popular, but nonetheless this gets rammed through. You get who you vote for folks.
I got who I voted for and it is working out very well for Alberta!
Thankfully you didn't...