Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-15-2020, 08:08 AM

Default This guy is incredible

So this guy is calling for a ban on handguns now because he figures no one other than law enforcement or military should have access to them. There dangerous and people can be killed by them blablabla... nice piece of journalism there surprisingly he doesn’t want to ban vehicles cancer old age and other things that kill people. Please ask the government to take away more rights from us please!

https://apple.news/AW6cwu_-2QMOIRnlbGYFIcA
Old 05-15-2020, 08:40 AM

This is what needs to be questioned and kept in the back of your mind over the next while, They got a lot of what they wanted in c71, the Libs couldn't get a consensus in their cabinet, on what the Poly bunch want here towards handguns, but, will probably get some of this yet;

http://polysesouvient.ca/Documents/M...j8wDFYh0L3-tpw
Old 05-15-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMX View Post
So this guy is calling for a ban on handguns now because he figures no one other than law enforcement or military should have access to them. There dangerous and people can be killed by them blablabla... nice piece of journalism there surprisingly he doesn’t want to ban vehicles cancer old age and other things that kill people. Please ask the government to take away more rights from us please!

Reading him state that he doesn't want untrained citizens endangering himself and the public, just weeks after two police officers open fire on another officer, and a firehall with people inside is quite the irony, but his statement about shooting yourself in the foot in the wake of the RCMP officer shooting himself in the foot with a shotgun is priceless.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:15 AM

Check out how many of those seized pistols have barrels shorter then 4.2”, guaranteed acquired from the U.S, and thats not gona stop anytime soon!
Old 05-15-2020, 09:30 AM

How the CBC finds morons with credentials to suggest that they're competent in a field is a unique talent. We've all known a useless fellow employee who thought they were especially talented, this guy would fit that bill. The same ones also enjoy their allotted time in the spotlight at daily safety meetings (every...single...day) , I'm sure you've all experienced that guy. The same type often tends to get into union leadership (cough Jerry Dias, cough)

(No slight intended towards Cat, I know he's one of the good ones)
Old 05-15-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Reading him state that he doesn't want untrained citizens endangering himself and the public, just weeks after two police officers open fire on another officer, and a firehall with people inside is quite the irony, but his statement about shooting yourself in the foot in the wake of the RCMP officer shooting himself in the foot with a shotgun is priceless.
His faith in police and how they are trained professionals with guns then his disdain of "amateurs" with handguns is opposite reality. The average police officer is not interested in guns, only shoot them to qualify and have generally poor proficiency in shooting ability and handling of guns. It shows his lack of knowledge, ignorance and disrespect of your average law abiding vetted and licensed handgun owner. He's nothing more than the closed minded typical tunnel vision ignorant paranoid fear monger.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:14 PM

Someone tried that argument with me. I politely reminded them of Christopher Dorner. Both Military and Law Enforcement and see how that turned out. Believe it or not sometimes bad apples sneak through the cracks or something snaps upstairs and they turn. That's not the result of possessing a firearm, that's the result of some type of mental health issue.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
His faith in police and how they are trained professionals with guns then his disdain of "amateurs" with handguns is opposite reality. The average police officer is not interested in guns, only shoot them to qualify and have generally poor proficiency in shooting ability and handling of guns. It shows his lack of knowledge, ignorance and disrespect of your average law abiding vetted and licensed handgun owner. He's nothing more than the closed minded typical tunnel vision ignorant paranoid fear monger.
I bet he'd have a boatload of excuses were he to attend and compete at any type of shooting competition when put up against 'amateurs' who dedicate more hours of their spare time to shooting disciplines than he ever did professionally in the reserves.

I wonder if he was in the 3rd regiment of the 6th tactical laundry battalion?

(actual military types feel free to pick apart my technical incorrectness )
Old 05-15-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post

I wonder if he was in the 3rd regiment of the 6th tactical laundry battalion?

(actual military types feel free to pick apart my technical incorrectness )
Career Latrine Queen.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:48 PM

Took me 2 tries to read that article today. Was so annoyed at it.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:06 PM
Banned

He must be trying to cash in on Trudeau’s media grants
Old 05-15-2020, 11:06 PM

I read the article. It’s awful. “Take it from me, I was in the army, nobody needs these!” It appeals to uninformed people in a simple yet misleading way. It’s crooked.

Nearly all gun violence comes from hand guns, so I can see the popular appeal of this. Furthermore, some terrible people are willing to be mules and buy hand guns legally and sell them to crooks (Guy in Airdrie just arrested for this.)

The recent gun ban did nothing to make Canada safer. I don’t own any of the banned rifles and never will. But the people who own them are law abiding citizens. They only punished good law abiding Canadians out of “what if” ideology.

Banning hand guns would be the same; it’s well known they flow freely from the USA. So banning hand guns will only punish the vast majority who are law abiding Canadians. Lives saved per year would be less than 10 across the country. Great legislation.

I don’t own a handgun either, and never will. But banning handguns will solve nothing and even they know it. But it will be popular and then they can point to that and say “see, I delivered! Vote for me again!”

I’m frustrated because it’s “nobody needs this” logic. Where does it stop for these people? Nobody needs a sports car, and excessive speed kills people. Hundreds every year. So let’s ban those. The environment is in jeopardy (real issue) so let’s ban full size pick ups, nobody needs those. You have a house over 1000 sq ft? Nobody needs that so let’s ban those too. Etc.

These people are okay with banning things that don’t apply to them because it doesn’t impact their lifestyle. It’s awful. It’s this logic that is tearing at the fabric of our country and making more and more people feel like separating is the only option. It’s a crime to think differently and do things differently for them.

Anyways, I see this issue as a part of a much larger issue that has no end in sight. End rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2020, 11:20 PM

The only silver lining is that guy is surely getting surly calls from just about everyone he has ever known.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:40 AM

Default doh!

I've read from another source that he was a public affairs officer, so not a combat trade. If he was lucky, he fired his 9mm Browning High Power once per year in his annual Personal Weapons Test(PWT). So around 40x in his career, I'm guessing a lot of pistol shooters go to the range more often in a year, and probably fire more ammo than this guy could even imagine.

With his "multiple deployments", he must be aware that a large number of negligent/unintentional discharges come from officers who are unfamiliar with their sidearms. His reference to "military medics know" further reinforces the point that pistol training is minimal for many members in the CAF.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Someone tried that argument with me. I politely reminded them of Christopher Dorner. Both Military and Law Enforcement and see how that turned out. Believe it or not sometimes bad apples sneak through the cracks or something snaps upstairs and they turn. That's not the result of possessing a firearm, that's the result of some type of mental health issue.
But instead of addressing mental health or crime, politicians invariably go for the firearms.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
But instead of addressing mental health or crime, politicians invariably go for the firearms.
Makes sense, if they banned people with mental issues there would be no liberal party nor anyone to vote for them...
Old 05-16-2020, 01:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMX View Post

He is an attention seeker.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:56 PM

What a ***** this guy is!!!