Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-21-2019, 07:19 PM

Default Sightron Warranty - Canada

I’ve read two versions of Sightron warranty in Canada. Thinking of purchasing a used S111 but would not if there are potential warranty coverage issues. As I understand, Sightron warranty’s outside the US are “limited” / may only be valid for ten years / require proof of original purchase. Also, that some importers provide a “dealer” warranty.
Anybody with actual experience/reliable insight regarding the coverage in Canada for second buyers?
Old 06-22-2019, 06:43 AM

Drop a line to Jerry at Mystic Precision. I'm sure he can answer all your questions.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:10 AM
Shooting Xs

Or Hirsch Precision, I believe he is a distributor for Sightron.

https://www.hirschprecision.com/
Old 06-22-2019, 08:35 AM

Thanks, I am waiting for a reply direct from Sightron USA. Their website/warranty language states that warranty service for scopes sold outside the US requires they be “retuned to the distributor with a copy of the sales receipt”.
At face value, the (lack of) seamless warranty coverage for second owners is doubtful. I have read renditions suggesting that some dealers warrant the products they sell ...and that Sightron may accept a sales receipt as long as it is a copy of the original sold to the first owner?
It would be good to hear from somebody that has actually made a warranty claim. (I was considering a second hand purchase and wouldn’t mind paying a premium price for a scope that carried warranty, but wouldn’t see the resale value the same for a scope no longer covered.)
Old 06-22-2019, 10:08 AM

Interested in the outcome. Please let us know what Sightron has to say. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:20 PM

Any update on this 260 Rem.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-14-2020, 07:40 PM

double post
Old 05-14-2020, 07:42 PM

Although I can not verify with documentation or a website to back it up, when I was last searching for a used scope it came down to Sightron and Leupold. I recall seeing evidence of the Sightron warranty being unlimited like that in the USA, but I cannot find that now. Ended up with a Leupold as that is the deal that came up first.
I will follow this to see what confirmation is found.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:56 PM

i bought a used sightron 4-12 with exposed turrets for hunter benchrest competition. on a coyote hunt this winter my first shot at a coyote shook a lense free inside the scope. (243).
i sent it to hirsch who sent it to usa. shipped a week before all the covid b. s. broke loose. got a call today from hirsch; the scope is non repairable; and discontinued.
they offered a similar scope as a replacement, or a credit for the msrp against any sightron product i choose.
this is my first experience with a sightron failure; and outside of the long wait, which i attribute to the plandemic, i am happy with the outcome.

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:31 PM

Hirsch Precision and Sightron will make it right.