Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-14-2020, 04:50 AM

Default Uncle Mike’s Sling Studs and Swivels

Have used these for well over 30 years. Was doing some organizing yesterday, glanced at the package and lo and behold, they are made in China. Honestly had no idea. Goodbye Uncle Mike’s.....
Old 05-14-2020, 06:59 AM

Buy Grovtec

-Billy Molls
Old 05-14-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Buy Grovtec
Thanks Chuck!
Old 05-14-2020, 10:31 AM

I have a bunch of packages in inventory. All mine were made in the USA. Wonder when they moved production to China. I also see they are now owned by Vista Outdoors, so no surprise they went for the cheapest build possible. When these run out, I will be switching.

Last edited by Dean2; 05-14-2020 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have a bunch of packages in inventory. All mine were made in the USA. Wonder when they moved production to China. I also see they are now owned by Vista Outdoors, so no surprise they went for the cheapest build possible. When these run out, I will be switching.
I too have bags from the USA that I have had for over 20 years. The sling stud set I purchased last fall however now says “Made In China”. I thought Uncle Mikes was as American as apple pie. Oh well I shall move on...
Old 05-14-2020, 12:28 PM

I think Grovtec bought all of uncle mikes machinery when they moved. But they are definitely a superior product regardless.

-Billy Molls
Old 05-14-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I think Grovtec bought all of uncle mikes machinery when they moved. But they are definitely a superior product regardless.
I would bet you are right. From the quote off of Govtec'd FACs page, it tells me that it has been at least 14 years since I had to stock up on more swivels or parts. Time flies or I have way too much stuff in inventory.

Quote:
Are all your products made in America?

Yes! All of our products are made right here in our Wood Village, Oregon facility.

Are you folks a division of Uncle Mike’s?

No. GrovTec US, Inc. began business in May, 2006 after acquiring machinery from a company that ceased domestic swivel manufacturing to source their products overseas. GrovTec US, Inc. is an independent, privately owned company dedicated to bringing you high quality, innovative products made right here in our Wood Village, Oregon manufacturing facility.