Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-06-2020, 08:52 PM

Default Need to support CCFR gotta get on it!

One of our great members 30cal made a post with a link in general discussion, in regards to the CCFR suing the federal government over the firearms ban, and I urge everyone to check it out, we need to support the CCFR right now, more then ever, times are tough right now, however if you’re in a position to show your support, the purchase of a membership is a great way of doing so, if this is out of your budget, they are also accepting donations. Thank you!
Old 05-07-2020, 10:58 AM

Have them fix their website first. I tried to join and donate yesterday but you have to go through PayPal. I wont have anything to do with PayPal. They couldn't simply accept my credit card. Even when I went through the registration et al, they wanted me to confirm that I read and agree with PayPal rules, regulations, etc.

Don't bother posting instructions on how to register, I know how. I just don't like jumping through a bunch of hoops when they want my money.

OK - rant over - I will phone it in today after I calm down

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 05-07-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollGRG View Post
Have them fix their website first. I tried to join and donate yesterday but you have to go through PayPal. I wont have anything to do with PayPal. They couldn't simply accept my credit card. Even when I went through the registration et al, they wanted me to confirm that I read and agree with PayPal rules, regulations, etc.

Don't bother posting instructions on how to register, I know how. I just don't like jumping through a bunch of hoops when they want my money.

Just sent them a email, I would like to see what they have to say!
Old 05-07-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollGRG View Post

They have info an EMT on their donate page as well as their join page.

https://firearmrights.ca/en/donate/

Quote:
You can also send an EMT to finance@firearmrights.ca and use the password HELPCCFR
Old 05-07-2020, 08:47 PM

If the CCFR site isn't working right, or you just want an easier way to donate, Bullseye London has created a "donation sale". Last time they did it they matched donations, don't think he'll be doing that this time, but he has resurrected it so people can use it.

http://www.bullseyelondon.com/canadi...-donation.html
Old 05-08-2020, 10:17 AM

As I said in my earlier post, I know how to do it. I just don't want to jump through their hoops especially when it involves PayPal. I know other methods of doing it IE phone etc but I just wanted to rant.

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here

Last edited by TrollGRG; 05-08-2020 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:59 AM

I agree with you on the CCFR's choice of using PayPal. I reluctantly bit my tongue and went through with it, but I'm pretty sure there was a bit of a vomit taste after having done so as prior to that I had been successful in never using PayPal.

I did send them an email regarding that but I suspect given the current circumstance, that might not be getting their full attention.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:48 AM

I gave Tracy Wilson a shot about it on her FB page a while back, last year, as unless you wanted a membership, there was no easy way to do it at the time, no guide on the website either..
She didn't like that. Easier to donate to a political candidate, until the Bullseye method came out, I didn't bother with it again. Haven't looked lately, maybe they changed it.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:13 PM

The CCFR needs cash to fight this liberal ban. If you haven’t joined and sent a donation you better before it’s too late.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:29 PM

I wonder if they have a way to setup monthly donations.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSlam View Post
I wonder if they have a way to setup monthly donations.
I emailed the CCFR and they provided me a link were you can submit donations via etransfer, you would more then likely be able to set something up monthly threw them or your bank, the link is “finance@firearmrights.ca”
Old 05-11-2020, 10:41 PM

well, there is also the NFA suit, and now JR Cox is starting one to go at them from a different angle, in one day, he is doing pretty well on the donations to his go fund me drive.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jumaq-fig...OTFkJQ4xTHfCOc

His idea is different from the NFA and CCFR, trying something related to the criminal side of the laws. The more suits and ideas, the merrier.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
well, there is also the NFA suit, and now JR Cox is starting one to go at them from a different angle, in one day, he is doing pretty well on the donations to his go fund me drive.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/jumaq-fig...OTFkJQ4xTHfCOc

His idea is different from the NFA and CCFR, trying something related to the criminal side of the laws. The more suits and ideas, the merrier.
Some of those comments and the 'names' of the various donors are rather amusing. Fidel Castro, Wendy Cukier, Bill B Liar. So long as the donations flow in!

I'm curious what their approach will be with the criminal aspect? That I would love to see succeed! Would it be too much to charge them with fraud, for spreading so many lies about firearms?