Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-30-2017, 06:28 PM

Well, I'll try again this year and see if I can find a buddy.

I am 32 years old and love the outdoors. I have an almost 2 year old boy and a wonderful wife who lets me off the leash for most of the season. I live in High Prairie and usually hunt on public land north of town. I go for elk, mule deer, and WT. let me know if you want a buddy or would want to accompany me sometime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2017, 08:13 AM

27 year old male from Edmonton looking for an elk hunting partner. I'll be rifle hunting. I have a trip booked from Sept 15-24. Gonna use the first few days for scouting. The area I'll be hunting will be west of Rocky Mountain House towards the mountains. Looking for someone with some elk experience as this is my first time. I have spots picked out. Just looking for someone who is willing to teach. The plan is to have a base camp and do a lot of walking and spend a night here or there camping from the backpack if needed. If you're interested in joining for all or part of the trip let me know.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:29 AM

Got some time off in Oct and looking to partner up to hunt general WT deer and possibly elk.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:32 PM

Hey guys. Just looking for a partner for some bird hunting this month, I'm in Edmonton but usually go around Rocky. If anyone knows and is willing to show me a closer area, great. Also would be awesome joining a goose hunt, haven't gone out for goose in 12years.

I'm a 30 year old married father of a son who's 1. Work a lot, but have time sometimes to rip out hunting for the day.

Pm me if you're interested.

My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. ~Koos Brandt
Old 09-04-2017, 10:30 PM

Default Hunting Partner

About time I threw my post on the wire and tried to partner up.

My name is Doug living southwest Edmonton. I am a 57 year old RCAF veteran carrying a Ruger No. 1 cambered in 7mm REM MAG. Plan is to get out and put a whitetail in the freezer this year.

Looking for an experienced hunter to partner up with this season.

Last edited by dww; 09-04-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:59 PM

Default Hunting Partner

I am a 70 year old male and a serious hunter. I have had many hunting partners over the years and have been in a number of hunt gangs in Ontario, where party hunting is allowed. I have been in Alberta since 1980 and have
hunted deer, elk, or moose in most of the foothills MMUs from Coleman in the south to Valleyview in the North. Unfortunately, every one I have hunted with has either died off or moved away. I have been hunting deer by myself for the
last 10 or so years but A) it is not as much fun as when you have company,
B) my wife is concerned that I might hurt myself or have a medical emergency
while deep in the bush or camping by myself in places where no one knows where to find me, or C) I can not hunt anything larger than a deer or anything away back off a road because I am just not as strong as I used to be. I am retired so I am able to go almost any time. I have a complete inventory of camping and hunting supplies including a 4x4 and a RV trailer, if needed. I do not care how old or experienced you are as long as you are serious about hunting. I do enjoy a couple of beer in the evening but do not allow any drinking during the hunting day. I am a firm believer in gun safety and safety in general. If you would be interested in learning more, do not hesitate to reply. By the way, I live in Calgary but have had hunting partners in Edmonton and elsewhere.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:10 PM

Default Hunting Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dww View Post
About time I threw my post on the wire and tried to partner up.

My name is Doug living southwest Edmonton. I am a 57 year old RCAF veteran carrying a Ruger No. 1 cambered in 7mm REM MAG. Plan is to get out and put a whitetail in the freezer this year.

Looking for an experienced hunter to partner up with this season.
Doug, please see my listing under Tom, an old hunter.
I have two Weatherbys, a 7 MM Weatherby Mag and a 300 Weatherby Mag (which I normally don't hunt with - I just always wanted to have one) plus a Benelli semi auto in a 300 Winchester short Mag and a Remington semi auto 3006 which I have probably shot over 50 deer with since I was 16.
If you are interested in hunting with me, please let me know.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:08 PM

Hey everyone I'm phil 32 live east of crossfield from down near Lethbridge . Fairly new to the area used to always be out in 305 and 306. Still a fairly novice hunter 6 decent trips under my belt . Looking to get out with my bow really anywhere . Have a quad 4x4 truck
Old 09-09-2017, 02:10 PM

Default Looking for Hunting Partner or Team for rifle Deer hunting

I am a 53 year old CF Veteran looking to team up with an experienced hunter and/or team to hunt for general Whitetail and/or late season general Elk anywhere within a few hours drive of Edmonton region. I hunt rifle only. I am still relatively new to hunting in Alberta so I am looking for a Hunter or Team that already knows good productive hunting areas and/or have been given access to private lands. I would prefer to hunt Whitetails during the rut in November. I have 14 years of Whitetail hunting and a career of safe firearms handling experience. I am fully geared; although, I do not have an outfitter tent or camper of my own. I am a non smoker and light social drinker. Cheers.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:59 PM

Hi, was wondering if you found anyone to hunt with yet? I had planned on an elk trip with a friend but due to a family emergency he will not be able to go as planned. I am a bow hunter primarily, but was planning on rifle hunting this trip for elk. I have been hunting in Alberta for only a few years, as I am from BC. I have some experience with elk but mainly moose and deer. I am still going, but would rather hunt with a partner. I know you are looking for a partner experienced in elk hunting so would understand if I'm not what you are looking for . Let me know what you think.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:22 PM

Hi, I'm living in calgary till the end of October for school and was wondering if anyone wanted to bring a new to bird hunting guy out one weekend and teach him some things.

I have never been and always wanted to learn but have never had the chance. Send me a PM if you want to discuss it further. Thanks!
Old 09-14-2017, 06:15 AM

Default Bird game .

Mid 50s, Edmonton NE guy, looking to team up for a some bird game hunts.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:29 PM

Default Looking For Hunter Host

Hey Guys,

This is likely a long shot or possibly frowned upon, but I am from Wisconsin and would absolutely love the opportunity to go on a Canadian Moose Hunt. I am an avid hunter, I produce a hunting show called The Breaking Point, and would love to meet a generous Albertan willing to share a once in a lifetime experience..
Old 09-15-2017, 11:13 PM

Default Crown lands for hunting along Battle River regions?

Hi. I am a semi retired Canadian Veteran looking for good hunting areas away from the heavy timber, rolling hills and Mountains. Are there any good Crown land hunting areas for Whitetail deer along the Battle River and Battle River drainage regions in Alberta? I would greatly appreciate your assistance as I am still relatively new to hunting in Alberta and need help. If you do not wish to post locations publicly please fire off a personal message with details incl GPS coordinates. I am also looking for a hunting partner and/or team to hunt Whitetails and Elk if possible in these areas I am asking about. I have 30 years safe firearms handling and experience and 14 years Deer hunting experience. Good luck to all fellow Hunters this season. Cheers.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:47 PM

Default Looking for WT hunting partner

My hunting buddy moved away, looking for someone to come scouting Ministik in the next couple weeks. Then go hunt come Nov.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:52 PM

Default Lethbridge/Southern AB Elk Hunting Partner

Hello!

I'd like to get a General Bull Elk this season. I'd rather not be in grizzly country alone... It's looking like the forestry closure is going to be lifted this weekend. Anyone else looking to hunt this weekend?

- Levi
Old 09-19-2017, 12:04 PM

Default New Hunter looking for an Experienced Partner.

Hi my name's Dee,

I'm looking for an experienced hunting partner to show me the ropes. I'm a 46 year old first time female hunter. I've been in Canada 9 years arriving from the UK that many years ago on Christmas Eve. I have a Remington 783. If you want to know more about me or feel that you'd like to help a newby out please Private message me. I live near Edmonton.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:04 PM

Default Hunting partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom, an old hunter View Post
I am a 70 year old male and a serious hunter. I have had many hunting partners over the years and have been in a number of hunt gangs in Ontario, where party hunting is allowed. I have been in Alberta since 1980 and have
hunted deer, elk, or moose in most of the foothills MMUs from Coleman in the south to Valleyview in the North. Unfortunately, every one I have hunted with has either died off or moved away. I have been hunting deer by myself for the
last 10 or so years but A) it is not as much fun as when you have company,
B) my wife is concerned that I might hurt myself or have a medical emergency
while deep in the bush or camping by myself in places where no one knows where to find me, or C) I can not hunt anything larger than a deer or anything away back off a road because I am just not as strong as I used to be. I am retired so I am able to go almost any time. I have a complete inventory of camping and hunting supplies including a 4x4 and a RV trailer, if needed. I do not care how old or experienced you are as long as you are serious about hunting. I do enjoy a couple of beer in the evening but do not allow any drinking during the hunting day. I am a firm believer in gun safety and safety in general. If you would be interested in learning more, do not hesitate to reply. By the way, I live in Calgary but have had hunting partners in Edmonton and elsewhere.
Hi Tom,
My name is Tyler. I'm interested in your offer for a hunting companion. I'm 43, married with three kids.
Last year was my first year back into hunting in almost 20 years so I consider myself a newbie. My father used to own a guiding outfit in Northern BC for 17 years so I grew up hunting and guiding as a young guy. I have my own truck and shoot with a 300 WM. I am self sufficient and would not be a pain in the ass. Not afraid to work hard and enjoy the fruits of our labour! I am all about gun safety and never drink during hunting. Send me a personal message and we can coordinate a meet and greet as I live in SW Calgary.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:19 PM

Default New Hunter looking for mentor

Hey everyone, I'm a 27 year old guy based out of Calgary, I'm looking to start bow hunting next season, I started archery in the spring but I'm not comfortable enough with my shot yet to hunt with it, but I still wanted to get a head start this season. I don't really have anyone around who hunts to learn from. I'm looking for someone who would be willing to teach a new guy the ropes in exchange for help packing out an animal. I'm not too picky on what we would be hunting or whether it's with a rifle or a bow, I just want to get out there and start learning. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:38 PM

Elk 404

I am looking for a partner in WMU 404. I am a 45 year old and have a bull elk tag, and white tail tags. I am more interested in elk but got the deer tags in case of an easy one. I usually hike 10-15 km per day, so I am in fairly good shape. Only been out 3 days so far, but seem to be in the right places. It's a tough zone so a frame pack, cart are required assets. A mountain bike is an option I have been trying, but the verdict is still out. Looking for someone with similar needs. Cow elk tag would be a perfect fit, but willing to share/split a bull.

The next time I will head out will be for 3-4 days over Thanksgiving and maybe an odd day here or there.

If this sounds like a fit, send me a PM and we can talk about getting to know each other and next steps.

Cheers
Jon

Old 09-29-2017, 03:00 PM

I'm wondering if anyone wouldn't mind some company on a game bird hunt? I'm new to Edmonton, and interested in finding someone who wouldn't mind a partner for some grouse. Seem my introduction and information in the 'Introduce yourself' thread.

Seeking a day trip rather than a few days - work commitments and all.

Thanks folks. Hope to hear from you.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:34 PM

Default Wilmore for sheep

Anyone headed into willmore end of this week
I'm planning on leaving Thursday . First time into this zone
Have non trophy tag
Willing to tag along and learn first time sheep hunter
Thanks for your time 53 yr old male

Private message if interested
Old 10-07-2017, 11:11 AM

I have a bull moose tag for Nov1-30 in wmu 530 (north east of Fort McMurray.) With limited access because of the oil sands I’m hoping to find a hunting partner with a jetboat from the area.

I’m a 29 year old male, avid hunter with a few elk under my belt and plenty of whitetail over the years. I don’t drink while hunting and I always put the time in, not a road hunter. I have a quad, wall tent and what ever else a guy needs... Except for a jetboat!

Anyone interested please send me a message.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:07 PM

Default looing for a Mentor

Hi Guys! I am a new in hunting field and I am looking for a Mentor and willing to share some great experiences in hunting. if anyone would like to take me as a partner, I will be glad and it will be highly appreciated..

thanks in advance
Rolando of LEDUC AB
Old 10-10-2017, 01:51 PM

Anyone with a bear tag that needs to be filled? Looking for a partner to go out looking/hunting for black bear, would be nice to meet someone new and help each other fill our tags.

I'm out of Calgary, pm me if you're looking for a partner.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:46 AM

Default Looking for Hunting partner/party

I am a 53 year old semi retired Canadian Veteran looking to team up with an experienced hunter and/or party to hunt for general Whitetail and/or late season general Elk anywhere within a few hours drive of Edmonton region. I hunt rifle only. I am still relatively new to hunting in Alberta so I am looking for a Hunter or Team that already knows good productive hunting areas and/or have been given access to private lands. I would prefer to hunt during the rut in November. I have 14 years of Whitetail hunting and a career of safe firearms handling experience. I am fully geared up, a non smoker and light social drinker. Cheers.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:06 PM

Will be hunting in wmu 357 for a cow elk, and looking if someone wants to pair up. Have own gear, and semi familiar with the area. Eill be in the area this weekend and at the end of the month. Pm me if interested

Old 10-13-2017, 03:03 PM

Need partner, i hunt good. I got truck,
Old 10-14-2017, 06:54 PM

Smile A new hunter

Hi there, I just got my hunting licenses early this year and am very interested in starting my new adventure with experienced hunters in Alberta.

A bit information of myself. I'm mid 50s and have been practicing handguns for years but just new to rifles and hunting. I am very eager to learn and get some experience asap. I am a IT guy with Asian background and love to meet people of different cultures and exchange conversations on wide range of topics.

Look forward to meeting new buddies here...
Old 10-14-2017, 07:31 PM

Default Elk Partner

Hi Everyone!
I'm new to both this site and bow hunting. I started out grouse hunting in Porcupine hills years ago, only I didn't know it was Porcupine hills then (referral from a Canadian Tire line up). I have seen elk there on only 2 occasions, but not knowing any better I decided to focus on mainly 304 for elk. I've walked I'm sure by now hundreds of miles in every kind of walking imaginable. I've called, I've de-scented, I've elk bombed and sat, I have glassed for hours. I have walked in every imaginable kind of terrain.
With absolutely no success in my efforts for even seeing Elk never mind getting one, I have decided to look outside porcupine and try new things. I did manage a mule doe so the effort wasn't a total loss, but I have elk on the brain and would love to get one with the bow... ok rifle would be fine too. But I do love bow hunting.
I'm looking for a hunting partner who is experienced with elk. I think I have a lot to give back for that experience. I'm in great shape and you won't find a harder working person. I really just love being out. :-)

Last edited by New Bow; 10-14-2017 at 07:39 PM.