Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-02-2023, 10:56 AM

Default Bird Hunting Partner(s) Wanted!

Hey y'all. I'm in the Edmonton area and would love to get out and try hunting some birds. I've hunted ungulates, grouse and rabbit most of my life, but never tried duck hunting. I don't know how secretive duck hunters are about their spots or anything, but happy to not steal any secret spots if that's a concern! I'm a relatively young guy and not too out of shape yet, but I just want to try everything I can and see what I enjoy most!

Bonus points if I can bring a chocolate lab who likes fetching grouse. He's a swimmer, so I'd love to see how quick he takes to retrieving migratory birds. If that's a deal breaker, he can wait for me at home too.
Old 10-06-2023, 04:58 PM

Default New to alberta

Hi folks.

New to hunting in Alberta. Have hunted deer and moose in BC for close to 50 years. Thinking of hunting here now by myself as I don't know anyone here. Live near Holborn hall which is about 20 minutes south of Stony Plain. Someone mentioned 337 and 338 near lodgepole to check it out for deer. I am 71 so I dont get out of the truck and walk miles like I used to. I usually just drive or if I see a good area I'll go sit for 1/2 hour or so. If anyone is headed that way, have any info for that area, or heading to any general deer area and would like company, shoot me a message. Have license and tags. I do not have an atv , just a stock ford 4x4.
I am not much fun as I do not drink, unless at home, do not smoke or use any drugs including pot.

Thank you

Last edited by Dcw; 10-06-2023 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-07-2023, 09:58 PM

Default No edit button

I am not trying to steal someone's favorite area, just someone to go with to find the ins and outs of hunting in Alberta with grazing leases etc.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:20 PM

Hi Guys,

I知 looking for someone to teach me /mentor how to hunt Game birds.

I have never hunted before but shoot clays regularly so I知 not new to shotguns.

Im a 34 year olds and live in Airdrie. I知 fit, don稚 smoke and have flexibility in my schedule as a owner of a construction company. Wiling to just tag along on a hunt to start learning

Jason
403-990-2863
Old 10-13-2023, 03:50 PM

Hey Looking for someone to help me shoot a goose or two for my soon to be 6 year old daughter who loves goose meat and has requested it for her birthday supper on Nov 26th.

Long story short I did a guided hunt when she was 3 and cooked the goose breast for supper after. Her and I were the only ones who ate it and she has raved about it ever since. If you can help me out or send me in the direction of someone who can help me out I'd be very grateful.

I'm in the Calgary Area but am willing to travel a few hours any direction to fulfill my daughters request.

Last edited by kedive; 10-13-2023 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-21-2023, 03:06 PM

Hi, I'm trying to get into grouse hunting with a .22, with no success so far. I'm located in the Calgary area. I'm in my mid 30s. New to hunting, but not to shooting. Anyone who could partner up would be appreciated, even if you're as much of a n00b as me (I can run pretty fast, so at least the grizzlies will get you instead).

I can get to the 406 and Ghost PLUZ areas, but I lack an ATV or 4x4 or I'm limited in terms how how deep into back country I can go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntcarpenter View Post
Hi Guys,

I知 looking for someone to teach me /mentor how to hunt Game birds.

I have never hunted before but shoot clays regularly so I知 not new to shotguns.

Im a 34 year olds and live in Airdrie. I知 fit, don稚 smoke and have flexibility in my schedule as a owner of a construction company. Wiling to just tag along on a hunt to start learning

Jason
403-990-2863
Well, I can't help you, because I suck, but it looks like we're trying to do the same thing.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:17 PM

Default looking for hunting partner in edmonton

Hi I was drawn for cow moose and antelred elk in the blackfoot this year. I am a first year bow hunter, and have been shooting the boom stick all the rest of my life.
I hunt everything, upland, waterfowl, and of course big game.
It would be great to hook up with someone for the blackfoot this year, and I am also looking to do a late season mallard hunt.
I have gear and transportation.
PS. If anyone is currently hunting in the blackfoot and knows the whereabouts of any of the creatures mentionned above, please advise.
Old 10-30-2023, 11:29 AM

Default jdsilverfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcw View Post
Hi folks.

New to hunting in Alberta. Have hunted deer and moose in BC for close to 50 years. Thinking of hunting here now by myself as I don't know anyone here. Live near Holborn hall which is about 20 minutes south of Stony Plain. Someone mentioned 337 and 338 near lodgepole to check it out for deer. I am 71 so I dont get out of the truck and walk miles like I used to. I usually just drive or if I see a good area I'll go sit for 1/2 hour or so. If anyone is headed that way, have any info for that area, or heading to any general deer area and would like company, shoot me a message. Have license and tags. I do not have an atv , just a stock ford 4x4.
I am not much fun as I do not drink, unless at home, do not smoke or use any drugs including pot.

Thank you
Hi, I am in the same situation down here in Lethbridge, just a bit older, 79. I have the same MO, its not easy making the change from all the Crown Land in BC to here, getting the permission is a must. I do believe though you may have more open area available to you up that way JD
Old 11-02-2023, 01:51 PM

Default Mule Doe in 216

If you have a mule doe tag for zone 216, I might be able to help you out. I know a landowner who wants them gone as they're in their yard, orchard, and fields making a big mess.
Old 11-12-2023, 12:07 PM

Default mule deer doe tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joezam18 View Post
If you have a mule doe tag for zone 216, I might be able to help you out. I know a landowner who wants them gone as they're in their yard, orchard, and fields making a big mess.
Hi does this require a draw for this doe I presume
JD
Old 11-16-2023, 11:23 AM

Default Caroline Area

Looking for a future hunting partner in the Caroline / Rocky / Sundre area.
I am local to the area.
39 yrs old and I hunt chickens and deer. Would like to start getting into Elk.
I bow hunt as well.
Old 11-26-2023, 12:23 PM

Seems like everyone is in southern Alberta more . Any retired hunters in Edmonton NE that want to get out for some last minute deer hunting before season closes .
Also looking for a partner for next year Antelope ,I am at priority 13 for next year .
Old 11-26-2023, 04:39 PM

I'm a fairly new hunter, this will be my 2nd year with confident hounds, and also my confidence and our understanding.

Anyways. Currently I'm more interested in getting these hounds in front of fresh tracks and am open to traveling upto 3 hrs from Calgary with any interested party that's willing to split the cost of gas.

I'm not offering as a guide service, or can I guarantee a treed animal as they've only been on scent drags, but I'm sure this will be the year!

Sent from my SM-F926W using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2024, 02:53 PM

Looking for a hunting and archery partner, new to bow hunting. living in the Edmonton area.