Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-30-2018, 12:50 PM

They keep dragging this out, ain't gonna go anywhere. Retribution would be to cut off their grazing leases. See how they like that ? Ranchers were in pretty thick with previous governments, including some prominent cabinet ministers , one reason they rationalized Game ranching. Those days are done.

Grizz
Old 03-30-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
^^ My view exactly.

In my experience, government land managers usually clear up problems with lease-holders blocking access outside of the standard, and ministerial special conditions - but not always.

My main concern is that in many cases, the leaseholder seems unaware of their responsibility to permit recreational access within the set conditions.
Thanks to the print ads with the hunting regulations, outdoor publications and other media, every hunter I know is aware of their responsibilities for accessing grazing leases - and the penalties for not doing so. Yet I don't think that leaseholders have a similar awareness of their responsibilities, and I've never heard of any penalty applied to a leaseholder purposely denying access without a bona-fide reason not to.

I've had plenty of frivolous 'reasons' given to me to deny access by different leaseholders over the years that clearly indicated that the leaseholder was unaware of what reasons would be considered 'bona-fide' under their lease agreement. "My wife doesn't like hunting" is one that's come up a few times. I've also experienced ranchers that refuse to differentiate their deeded land from public grazing leased land - combining all of it as "Their land"in their refusal.

Well the land manager around our area is a pussified weeny who gets trampled by the ranchers way too easily.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:18 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Well the land manager around our area is a pussified weeny who gets trampled by the ranchers way too easily.
Then phone his supervisor, complaining on here won't help your cause
Old 03-30-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Then phone his supervisor, complaining on here won't help your cause
Or speak to your MPP. It's their job to ensure that you're getting appropriate service from provincial employees.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:00 AM

Funny how money always has a way of fixing things. And as far
As I am concerned concerned there is no thing as public land Canada. Only land that makes someone money and land that doesn't.