Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2007, 12:23 AM
Craftyhunter

Default Re: unbalanced is right

Quote:
The police should have used deadly force with out even asking questions first
This statement scares me way more than anything made by Oster.

I had to delete what I was originally gonna put here, it would of been deleted anyways.

As I said before FACISM is alive and well in this country I love so much, Alberta. It is so very sad.

In fact there are 2 scary individuals on this thread that require more scrutiny then oster.

Advocating what amounts to government assination! I can't believe what I read.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Craftyhunter

I used to live right across the road from a school. So everytime I came home and parked my truck on the street and carried my gun into the house I should of been shot?????

You boys have some serious screws loose.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Tree Guy

Default Re: Gloves

Wow, not only are the gloves off....the benches are clearing!:lol

Ok Osterb, better step in here and answer the challange. Are you really the psychotic, sadistic maniac people think you are? Or are you just someone who is intensely knowledgabe and passionate about firearms? Or are you both? lol! Hell I climb trees for a living and hardly a day goes by without me being told that I'm crazy!:rollin
Old 04-28-2007, 12:46 AM
3 Sheep

You guys need to get a life, I mean really. Are you bipolar? There is one hell of a differance carrying a firearm into a residence from a vehicle compaired to walking with a firearm past the school yard. HELLO.........................it's against the LAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you that stupid to carry and uncased firearm down the street? What the h*ll are you guys thinking about ? Don't you think that this kind of STUPID behaviour causes an uproar ! Go try it and see what happens....I dare ya ! When we had to wear red to hunt in this province, I used to take another jacket to wear over my stuff. I didn't want the attention it brought. I don't carry a gun in my home town because I don't have the brains god gave me to put it in a case and hide it ! I don't put the gun in a rack in the rear window of my truck beacuse I don't want to be pulled over every five minutes an get complaints against me. Lets use our heads here people. There is nothing common about common sense ! Like I said before.........some of these people need to be taken out of the gene pool so they don't reproduce!
Old 04-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Tree Guy

Default Re: 3 Sheep

In regards to the comments made by 3Sheep...

I'm kinda a 'Glass half full' type of person. IMHO I think that 3Sheep posted out of anger, got called on what he said, got defensive, felt he was getting ganged up on and stuck to his guns. I know that personally I have done the same thing and also had my azz handed to me for it. My problem was (is) that I can type as fast as I can think, and that is not always a good thing when you are mad. :rolleyes
Old 04-28-2007, 01:01 AM
Craftyhunter

Quote:
.........................it's against the LAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah no its not. Theres a huge difference between walking past a school and walking on school grounds. It is not against the law to walk down the street with a firearm. There is no stipulation on the mode of transport you use to move a firearm. There are rules on how its transported but not by what on a PUBLIC road. So if you don't own a vehicle and walk outside of town limits to go hunting lawfully it doesn't matter which route you take. Bi-polar indeed.

YOU may want to run and hide and thats your problem. Not mine and not others here. If people want to call in complaints that I have my gun racked in my back window thats the cops problem. Taxpayers money wasted, Oh well. They can spend all their time looking for me and then having to go away with nothing because I follow the law. I wear my camo to Walmart, the mall, into a resturaunt all during hunting season. If you want to put a stigma of shame on what you do ....go ahead. Maybe if you feel so compelled to hide maybe you should quit owning firearms and hunting and take up quilting.

What you said had absolutely nothing to do with common sense. If I'm not breaking the law there is no need to "hide" what I'm doing. In fact I think more people would be suspicious of you if they saw you always scurring, lurking and acting like your trying to hide something. But go ahead behave anyway you chose. Just don't think for a second I'm gonna go along with what you say because you pull out the "common sense" BS.

And lets just not mention the fact you condone government sanctioned murder. Shoot first ask questions later. That mentality gets you a visit from SWAT.

And I totally agree some people should be outta the gene pool but I'm sure YOU wouldn't like MY list.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:03 AM
rugatika

3sheep? An honest question. Are you a member of the police here in Alberta? RCMP? Calgary? Edmonton?

Just curious. and hope no offence is taken
Old 04-28-2007, 01:42 AM
rugatika

Default carrying a gun

So this might be a little off topic, but I was under the impression that if you were carrying a gun down the street or carrying it on your bike the gun could not be concealed. ie: it had to be out in the open. Is this true? Or does the gun have to be hidden? In a case? backpack? Just wondering what the law was regarding carrying a gun once outside of your vehicle.

Kinda scary to think that the police can just shoot you if they see you carrying a gun. What about walking past a daycare? What if you carry your gun past a farmhouse? Can they shoot you for that??

Be nice if there were any police on here that could answer when it is acceptable to shoot someone carrying a gun? I'd kinda like to know before I go shooting gophers and I couldn't find much regarding walking with non-restricted firearms.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:05 AM
Rookie Recurve

Default Concealment

I would like to know the answer to that question as well. In my opinion, having it cased is good etiquite when you are amongst the general public. Maybe not required, but there are a lot of people out there that are scared of guns. Lack of exposure I guess. That just goes further to showing you that we should try and get more people involved in the sport for the sport. Train a newbie! I have read some pretty ridiculous things on this thread thus far! If 3 Sheep is a LEO then I am scared! Those are some pretty personal opinions towards others. Just an observation, so don't get personal on me too. I hope we can keep our opinion about others to ourselves. This is an online community so stop ****in on your neighbour. The gun storage thing? His opinion, his right to that opinion. So what if we do not like it! Osterb never said one thing that made me feel uneasy or concerned. Haters go hate somewhere else. This is a great community and you are bringing us down!
Old 04-28-2007, 07:38 AM
209x50cal

I owned guns looooong before the silly storage laws came about. The numbers haven't changed as far as accidental shootings since the new laws, why? It is simple, everyone's kids know where and how to get at the guns. We share our love of the sport and the kids become integral to it. Why then didn't my kids wander through the street waving guns? Because I am very stricct with weapons and they knew there were harsh penalties for screwing around, even the very first time.
So to my way of thinking, politicians once again continuing the obscenity started in the 80's where "it wasn't my fault" the government decided that we are all bad parents and incapable of teaching safe gun use and has legislated the responsibility right out of our hands,.
As far as a criminal breaking in to my house being an excuse I don't have to explain how stupid that is do I?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:25 AM
osterb

Quote:
i can only come to one conclusion and its the same one i have felt from the beginning ,
i was even reasured by another member once , OSTER is an unbalanced and dangerous character ,he has some extreme weaponry and has the mentality to use them
:rollin :rollin I can only come to the conclusion you need to grasp the concept of spellcheck. No, as I stated before this is the internet. You cannot decipher people's personalities on the internet. You call me a dangerous individual because I called you out for being the angry old crusty fart hunter you come across as being. I have never raised a fist to anyone in my life. Ironically I'm one of the biggest pacifists you'll meet. I'm also sometimes in favor of more gun control than others.

Of course I'm also a bit disgruntled that someone would be so ignorant to make uneducated comments like that. As a gun owner and yourself being a gun owner you should feel a little dumb posting such drivel. I have never intended harm to anyone. Simply owning certain genres of guns does not have a tell tale of what kind of people they are. To say so makes you ignorant.

Quote:
can tell by his blatant remarks and name calling as well as his persistant defence of asault rifle and weapons of mass distruction
Oh come on. There is nothing wrong with the private ownership of nukes :rollin

Since you know, I've always been a favor of the private ownership of WMD's

Quote:
only those that to own such weapons have a plan in mind.
I'm not even going to respond to that one. >D Only insult came to mind.

Quote:
hunting isnt one of them , as he has stated , he goes to safeway , so why so much interest in such a distructive weapon.
Um, I do hunt....

Quote:
not like a hunting rifle is not distructive , but one look at an individual and his arsenal of weapons tells alot as well as a bypolar or a skitzo problem,..
Exactly. Since you have a thorough background check done on you before hand. You're not making a lot of sense here.

Quote:
ONE of the most important thing on this board is that it is frequented by rc,s f&w as well as local police and hopefully things are picked up and investigated ,and loose cannons are exposed.
lol, for defending gun ownership? Let's check the list off.

I don't have a criminal record
I don't have psychological problems
All my guns are registered
All my guns are stored in a 500 lb safe.

Now tell me what I'm doing wrong here, or does merely owning them make me a criminal :rollin

Quote:
just because a fella doesn't hunt doesn't mean his firearm of choice should be banned
But I do, that's the thing :rollin

Quote:
When uneducated people get backed into corners they tend to come out name calling and fighting. That's all they know ! Can't you have a conversation without fear mongering ? What are you so angry about.
I'm trying to point out your hypocrisy. You own certain guns that are a hot button issue but turn around and call people who own certain types of guns idiots. Handguns of all things were on the chopping block before "assault rifles" were. Can you not see what's wrong in your thinkings?

You endorse frowning upon certain types of guns. Who's going to defend you when handguns are banned? Certainly not the people who owned "assault rifles" which you endorsed banning.

Quote:
! You appear to be a passionate man about somethings that you believe in, but if you have trouble with how things are going, may I suggest you sit down with your self and have a long talk !
I don't really understand this.

Quote:
You stated that there appears to be an issue with a man walking by a school with a hunting rifle and was taken down by TAC/ ERT teams.
No, he was walking home within the legal distance from a school. Someone called the police and they met him at his front door. Even after the situation had been assessed they continued in a terrible manner. They would not let the mother back in the house to obtain medicine for the child who had athsma or similar. In the end the only charges they laid was an unsafe storage charge (law enforcement's back up charge when everything goes wrong) which I believe was dropped. There was a lawsuit over this incident. The police action taken was horrendous.

Quote:
The dumb a*s should have feared that he was going to get shot at any second. The police should have used deadly force with out even asking questions first. People that are this stupid need to be taken out of the gene pool !!!!!!!!
Again, I'm not going to respond to that. There's people here stating I'm a dangerous individual for owning and target shooting with certain types of guns. There's other people here insinuating death. I'm the unstable one? :eek

Quote:
I do believe you need help !
Sweet lord. You just insinuated a man should have been shot to death for being seen walking home from hunting. You call me unbalanced?

Someone please tell me they see the Irony here!

Quote:
RUG/ i wasnt only refering to osters wildman antics , there are a few members that are also fanatic gun nutz so to speak
Yeah. Gun nutz go and shoot paper while hunters kill defenseless animals. You just don't get it do you. I for one enjoy both.

Quote:
but some times you have to open your eyes and see whats going on in the back of some minds , when a passion of certain guns and the chance they may become prohibited completely ,has gotten the individual to an extreme temper upon others that have no control and only an opinion on the subject ,
You really do come across as uneducated to me. No offense. Your spelling is terrible, you make blanket statements and rash, out of line assumptions about people. You deteriorate hunting. I hope I'm not the only one who sees this.

Quote:
HELLO.........................it's against the LAW
I know this guy isn't a LEO because he doesn't comprehend basic laws. While hunting there are minimum distances required from dwellings, highways and schools. He was abiding by these laws.

To end off my posting this may come across as being very arrogant. There are quite a few very good folks on this board.

209, Bigbore, Crafty, All the mods, the list goes on. Chef and this new fellow 3sheep are the only real characters I feel are embarrassing. Most of the folks here are literate, intellectual people who are very commendable. You two on the other hand are embarrassing. You are the people on which people base their negative steriotypes of hunting. The uneducated illiterate rednecks that can't comprehend or fluently analize anything outside of their narrow field of view. You are no better than anti hunting groups.

I for one have never asked anyone to get over their fear of guns. I'm afraid of motorcycles and heights. Both terrify me and no one has ever forcefully make me do either. In turn I have never thrown a gun at someone and said get over it. People are entitled to their own opinions.

I don't look at an Asian and assume they're rich and arrogant. I don't look at a group of black kids and assume they're thugs. I see nothing wrong with homosexuality and those who want to live their lives in peace.

Understanding others viewpoints is a basic fundamental of society. Diversity.

Treeguy is a good example of a commendable individual. He came in not knowing certain things about guns. He presented his viewpoints and I gave my worth to him. In the end he came out with more knowledge. His opinion may or may not have changed. I'm sure he's not running out to the store to buy an AR15 as we speak but he absorbed the info that was presented to him. His opinion may have remained the same but he was willing to conceptualize what I had to say.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:15 AM
ralfsnart

Old 04-28-2007, 10:00 AM
ThePaleRider

Default Transportation of a firearm.

In regards to the transportation of an unrestricted firearm, as long as it is unloaded, you can walk anywhere you want with it, though walking by a school in today's society would certainly garner you some unwanted attention. Safety and common sense should always be paramount in that walking with the barrel either pointed down and the bolt open rather than at say a parade rest. A trigger lock would probably be a good idea too. Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

As far as unbalanced individuals go, advocating the banning of one type of firearm over another is just providing ammo to the enemy. Like I said, we are all in thing together, and need to support each other regardless of our shooting interests. Personally, I enjoy hunting and punching holes in paper targets.

On a side note, anybody ever hear of a product called tannerite, much less used any? Just curious as a friend recently ordered some and is itching to try it out.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:27 AM
kellyandbeth

Default Re: Transportation of a firearm.

WHERE is the mods?? Lets lock this thread!!
Old 04-28-2007, 11:00 AM
osterb

Quote:
On a side note, anybody ever hear of a product called tannerite, much less used any? Just curious as a friend recently ordered some and is itching to try it out.
In the States it's not controlled because you have to mix it before it becomes a potential explosive. It's illegal up here.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Dick284

WHERE is the mods?? Lets lock this thread!!
X2
Old 04-28-2007, 11:12 AM
bearbait

MAYBE EVERYONE SHOULD READ THE ATTN BOARD USERS MESSAGE AT THE TOP OF GENERAL DISCUSSION...

OPINIONS ARE FINE BUT LET THE MUD SLINGING STOP...

THIS IS A GOOD BOARD AND VERY INFORMATIVE BUT A FEW GUYS ARE GETTING OUT OF HAND...

3SHEEP......SAYIN THE STUFF YOU SAID ABOUT OSTERB IS WRONG AND U SHOULD STOP BEFORE YOU GET YOUR SELF IN TROUBLE....

LOCK HER UP MODS X3
ROB
Old 04-28-2007, 12:12 PM
lilsundance

Haven't had a chance to read all of this but some of you have some serious issues. Enough mud slinging.