Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-25-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
It would take a lot of global warming for us to have geese around here in numbers for seven more weeks.
There are lots of Geese right here near Edmonton. There are some huge flocks feeding in the fields out around Namao if anyone is looking for a goose shoot.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
There are lots of Geese right here near Edmonton. There are some huge flocks feeding in the fields out around Namao if anyone is looking for a goose shoot.
Snows or Canadas?
Old 10-25-2019, 03:09 PM

Ita a mix,white front, specks, snows and some lesser and greater Canadas.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have no doubt that more will come through here, but for the first time this year I can't find a worthwhile field of dark geese where I am scouting. I did find a huge field of snows, just out of the city, but we don't hunt snows. Next weekend we have moose and deer tags to fill, and by the time that is done, the geese are usually gone from the area.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:05 PM

I hunt geese ducks right up to closing date. We have lots of birds that don’t go south plus still birds up north as we speak. Lots of water still open, then birds will move to the river. As far as snows you don’t know what your missing out on lol

Best part of birding is nov 1st when everyone puts down their shotgun and pick up a rifle. Less competition. I like it!
Old 10-25-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
I hunt geese ducks right up to closing date. We have lots of birds that don’t go south plus still birds up north as we speak. Lots of water still open, then birds will move to the river. As far as snows you don’t know what your missing out on lol

Best part of birding is nov 1st when everyone puts down their shotgun and pick up a rifle. Less competition. I like it!
X2.....

Found a massive duck shoot today and drove past a half dozen honker hunts. I never thought I would say it, but the forecast tmrw is to nasty for bird hunting. It took 15 mins for the the ducks to travel 3/4 mile against the wind. Still LOTS of birds around.