Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-17-2014, 02:08 PM

Default UpLula in Edmonton

Want to pick up a mag loader for my Sig (40) and from what I've been reading it looks like the UpLula will fit the bill. Aside from picking up a M&P range kit (not a bad option, lol), does someone carry these in Edmonton? P&D maybe? Are there other better options for a mag loader?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2014, 06:05 PM

As far as I know the uplula loaders are the best. Absolutely fantastic.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:27 PM

I've used a friend's Uplula to load 9mm, 40 and 45 (double and single stack).
Fast and easy peasy.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:31 PM

I've also been thinking about picking one up... Bit rough on the thumb, and my girlfriend can't get past the 6th round in a 10 round clip
Old 07-17-2014, 06:57 PM

Love mine!
I wouldnt have made it thru my black badge course without it lol If I forget it on a range trip now, my thumbs hate me.
Shoot Jim an email at a-zone (at) telus.net
A-zone is the cheapest guy to deal with in Alberta by far, he only charges 35.00 plus shipping and is great to deal with. He ships fast, and is close to Edmonton so might even be able to arrange something
Old 07-18-2014, 09:42 PM

Happened to be near downtown this afternoon and popped into P&D for a look around. Found an Uplula on the shelf and snapped it up. Brought it home, grabbed a box of ammo and a mag and went at it. Thing of beauty!! Works like a hot damn, love this thing!!
Old 07-18-2014, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Racks View Post
Happened to be near downtown this afternoon and popped into P&D for a look around. Found an Uplula on the shelf and snapped it up. Brought it home, grabbed a box of ammo and a mag and went at it. Thing of beauty!! Works like a hot damn, love this thing!!
Good to know! I ordered one from Wolverine Supplies, along with a couple of new mags for my JR Carbine. Now I get to spend more money on ammo!
Old 07-18-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
If anyone knows a thing or two about loading mags in a hurry, it would probably be the Israelis (who designed it). I love mine. I only ever had issues with my brand new Sig .40 mags, but Sig is know for having some beefy springs in their mags. They are fine now. I don't usually use it for my P220 .45 mags, find that I can push them in just as fast by hand (though it works fine). And for the double stacks it is pure awesome. Enjoy. What Sig are you shooting?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-18-2014, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
If anyone knows a thing or two about loading mags in a hurry, it would probably be the Israelis (who designed it). I love mine. I only ever had issues with my brand new Sig .40 mags, but Sig is know for having some beefy springs in their mags. They are fine now. I don't usually use it for my P220 .45 mags, find that I can push them in just as fast by hand (though it works fine). And for the double stacks it is pure awesome. Enjoy. What Sig are you shooting?
Picked up an X-5 Competition. You're not kidding about these .40 mags, even with the Uplula that 10th round had to be force fed.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Picked up an X-5 Competition. You're not kidding about these .40 mags, even with the Uplula that 10th round had to be force fed.
X-5! Nice, those are some really well made pistols. And yes, that 10th round is a real bugger with the .40s....but you can put 12 9mm in them easy, and they work fine cycling.....totally kosher too.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone