Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2017, 08:43 AM

Default How often would official carriers fire?

I was at the range yesterday, and a group of official carriers of firearms was training, as they should. Got me to wondering - how often would you suppose they actually fire their pistols in defense? These would be carriers like Brinks guards, cash carriers, and such. Not cops - that's a different story I think.

I have a hunch that "zero" is close to the answer, and they would be happy for that, I'd bet. No doubt there's many times they would love to pistol-whip a few fine citizens, but fire actual shots? Don't know.

Your input welcome.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:49 AM

I have a retired police officer friend who told me that in 25 years he never fired his side arm in the line of duty and most of the members he knows haven't either.
Very few people that carry in ,fact fire their side arms between having to qualify.
Most know nothing about their equipment except that it is heavy on their belt- there is a reason many cops call them " chunks"
Cat
Old 03-30-2017, 08:56 AM
Banned

pretty rare, but it happens. There was a guard shot someone in Toronto for trying to rob a jewellery store, and that one at McDonalds.

Then you have the likes of Travis Baumgartner shooting 4 and killing 3 armed guards in Edmonton.